Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Jeez, I'll Be Needing A Walking Stick Soon At This Rate!

Slaggis

Mhm one of my close friends is exactly six months older than me and has a wife and two children. A wonderful wife and awesome kids though (the three year old calls me Uncle Ashley so I spoil her rotten). Each to their own I suppose. But kids ain't happening anytime soon for me.

Guest Stefkov
Exactly. On a side-note... what colour were your maths books? We had orange best colour for maths IMO

Orange aswell. I went through 3 of those in one year.

English we had big A4 blue or dark green books. In Spanish we had A4 Yellow books. To think I havn't even written anything down in a lesson this year or last year.

Don't worry about getting old. We'll all get old and die eventually.

Besides, just remember that people die all the time, just like THAT...

I mean, you could wake up dead tomorrow....!

(in all seriousness, time DOES fly by, but atleast you're not just lazing about and wasted your life away right?. Enjoy your time!).

Don't worry about getting old. We'll all get old and die eventually.

Besides, just remember that people die all the time, just like THAT...

I mean, you could wake up dead tomorrow....!

(in all seriousness, time DOES fly by, but atleast you're not just lazing about and wasted your life away right?. Enjoy your time!).

how can you wake up if your dead :heh:

It's more the change that worry's me rather than actually getting old (and by old I mean pensioner old, not 40 rokhed).

It's having a routine, and having that routine for almost 6 years and then to have it all suddenly change. I'm panicking about it so much, I mean I don't want things to change. I'm so used to life at my school/college and all the people in it, that moving away, hundreds of miles away from it all is a really scary thought. I don't want this last year and a half to end!

It's the suddenly having masses of responsiblity for myself thrust upon me, moving away from family, best friends etc. There's things I want to say to people, do with people (Yes, that was meant in a sexual manner :p) and I've taken for granted the amount of time I actually have left where I am at the moment to do/say these things.

I know all this sounds overly dramatic, especially considering I have a year and half left and all, but at the speed it feels like it's going, thats not that long.

It´s not hard to spot what were talking about feeling old...

It´s the whole coming into adulthood, all these responsibilities, seeing things we used to like fade into the background.

Were not all going "OMG i´m 20! I'm so freaking old!"

Most of us are taking the first steps into adulthood and it just feels weird to look back

Maybe not, but I certainly feel it, I may only be 40 on the outside, but all the abuse I've given my body over the years my insides are that of at least a 60 year old.

It's all relative. Someone that's 60+ could quite easily say to you that you have no idea of what being/feeling old is. Doesn't change the fact that people here can feel old; relative to 10 years ago, they are.

When I come in from a long day at work and my little girl says "Hi Dad", then I feel old. I still think of myself as an early 20s type but this year I turn 30. *cries*

I'll be 22 in a few months, 6 in fact and i get the odd occasion that makes me think i am old. I mean i started comp in 1997, that was 11 years ago and left at 15/16 which was 6 years ago.

In the process of leaving, i have had 5 jobs, currently in 5th and have had nearly 1 year off unemployed and did nothing but drink lager with my dole money as it was something to do in a way.

I first started to feel old when i found out that a girl from my old school has a baby.

One of my old friends from school little girl has just started going to the primary school we went to. That is kerrraazzyy shizol.

Funnily enough the same headmaster is still there.