Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

2008 Exams Thread

Razz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true, but I nevertheless did worst in C1 out of all 4. (and in fact worse than in FP1 and FP2)

What are all the acronyms for maths these days?

Back in my day we had Pure (P#), Mechanics (M#), Statistics (S#) and Decision (D#).

(So glad that I don't do exams anymore.)

What are all the acronyms for maths these days?

Back in my day we had Pure (P#), Mechanics (M#), Statistics (S#) and Decision (D#).

(So glad that I don't do exams anymore.)

They split pure into C1 to C4 (core, for single maths), and FP1 to FP3. (further pure, for further maths) I think they also removed level 5 and 6 exams from the other subjects, so M and S only go up to 4. There're also a few standalone modules like DE (differential equations) and NM (numerical methods).

...unless they've changed it again since I did it.

I had the C1 exam and I did really badly. In the past papers I was getting Bs sometimes As but the way that it I went I think I might be heading for an E.

Don't worry too much if you did badly. Afterall, January year 12 is the time when everyone is complacent and does badly. You can always retake it in June, by which time your skills will have increased a fair bit.

I've learnt from last year and I'm determined not to underachieve.

Any Scots doing exams? Getting a bit annoying this C1 and C3 nonsense...

My prelims start end of the month, English, Maths, Geography, Computing and Information Systems. I'm not feeling that good about them, I seriously need to revise more.

I got 5 exams coming up in the next 2 weeks.

Speech and Image Processing on the 16th

Design Electronics on the 17th

Database Systems, and Communication Systems and Networks on the 21st

and Microwave Circuits and Antennas on the 23rd

Gonna be a tough 2 weeks :( Good luck to everyone whose got exams!

They split pure into C1 to C4 (core, for single maths), and FP1 to FP3. (further pure, for further maths) I think they also removed level 5 and 6 exams from the other subjects, so M and S only go up to 4. There're also a few standalone modules like DE (differential equations) and NM (numerical methods).

...unless they've changed it again since I did it.

As far as I can tell, it's C1/2/3/4, M1/2, S1/2, D1/2, and FP1/2/3

I have C3 tomorrow! Ahh! :blank:

I also have my physics practical tomorrow afternoon, but, well, meh.

As far as I can tell, it's C1/2/3/4, M1/2, S1/2, D1/2, and FP1/2/3

I have C3 tomorrow! Ahh! :blank:

I also have my physics practical tomorrow afternoon, but, well, meh.

Nope, S and M go up to at least 3 (I'm taking M3 in June).

C3 tomorrow :D And I know shit all about trig :)

C1 was a piece of piss, I managed a B with no revision at all and having had 4 hurs sleep the night before.

Got a computing Resit on monday which should be piss, I'm retaking S1 on tuesday as I got a C last year which isn't great for me :(

Physics week monday which I'm shitting myself over, oh and GS a week tomorrow which should be a laugh (I drew a 'sneak preview of Meet Fred' last year and managed to get 37 marks :???: )

EDIT:

Could someone possibly PM me explaining this R sin(x+alpha) ( or R cos(x+alpha) ) business to me please? I undertsand R is SQRT(a^2 + b^2) but don't have a clue about how to find alpha.

Oh shit, this is surprisingly simple alpha is just tan^-1( (CoEff of Sin)/(CoEff of Cos) )

awesome, this shit is easy :D

C3 tomorrow :D And I know shit all about trig :)

C1 was a piece of piss, I managed a B with no revision at all and having had 4 hurs sleep the night before.

Got a computing Resit on monday which should be piss, I'm retaking S1 on tuesday as I got a C last year which isn't great for me :(

Physics week monday which I'm shitting myself over, oh and GS a week tomorrow which should be a laugh (I drew a 'sneak preview of Meet Fred' last year and managed to get 37 marks :???: )

EDIT:

Could someone possibly PM me explaining this R sin(x+alpha) ( or R cos(x+alpha) ) business to me please? I undertsand R is SQRT(a^2 + b^2) but don't have a clue about how to find alpha.

Oh shit, this is surprisingly simple alpha is just tan^-1( (CoEff of Sin)/(CoEff of Cos) )

awesome, this shit is easy :D

I wish I knew what you was on about :( Now I think I'm not prepared for c3 :(

Just had my C3 maths exam, and well, it didn't go perfectly, but it was better than "ok" - good is a very apt word here. :smile:

Well, C3 can go fuck itself.

Questions 1-6 were fine, then 7 and 8 parts i and ii were ok i think, but fucking Q9. Wtf, I just wrote down some of the identities in an effort to at least get 1 or 2 marks for method >_<

Well, C3 can go fuck itself.

Questions 1-6 were fine, then 7 and 8 parts i and ii were ok i think, but fucking Q9. Wtf, I just wrote down some of the identities in an effort to at least get 1 or 2 marks for method >_<

The correct answer would be to write some random identities then put: "the rest is trivial."

Guest Stefkov

Computing C2 resit on Monday,

I'm gonna try to get in loads of revision in over the weekend. I can probably move up to a B overall if I do very good in this exam.

Overall B means more UCAS points. More UCAS points means sod all to me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!