N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished Battlestar Galactica.

The greatest, most enjoyable, thrilling, shocking, uncompromising and touching story I've ever had the pleasure of watching unfold.

Just so you know, I'd hit a cripple/10

Arrested Development Season 2 Finale

OMG. It happened! Is it....

Weird that you kind of route for it?

Megalol. The best thing about this series is that it just hits you with these throwaway flashbacks or whatever that you think aren't important or are just hilarious, but then they play into a segment of the plot of the episode, like Uncle Bluth's finger prints.

So funny. Buster just has me in stitches constantly.

I'd say the funniest TV series of anything ever. I hate myself for owning this for like a year and not having watched it. Season 3 now.

10/10

I just finished Battlestar Galactica.

The greatest, most enjoyable, thrilling, shocking, uncompromising and touching story I've ever had the pleasure of watching unfold.

Just so you know, I'd hit a cripple/10

bit good eh? I can't really imagine watching something like it ever again, which is odd considering I'm only 22 but I think it'll stand apart for a long, long time.

bit good eh? I can't really imagine watching something like it ever again, which is odd considering I'm only 22 but I think it'll stand apart for a long, long time.

It's something totally unique, and just great. I'm not a religious person, and my dad (who watches each disc once I'm finished :geek:) voiced his concerns about the "religious" bits, but it's not...what you'd think.

And who wouldn't want to live in a universe where Tricia Helfer is a guardian angel in your head?

It was just great.

I liked how the seemingly peripheral flashback bits in the finale episodes eventually added to the present day bits. Kara

Wow. Still reeling. I just felt this dizzying sense of resolution, good or bad, the whole time. I love how Racetrack was so great in the end.

I've only watched the first few episodes. It's good but it didn't live up to the high standards I was expecting after hearing all so much about it.

We were saying this the other day - This and The Wire have been massively hyped up, which warps new viewer's expectations. I would still say that you should go into both shows with an open mind, and give them time. You won't be let down if you stick with them.

I've not finished The Wire season one yet. Will do after all exams are over.

But it too is great. Different animal from BSG though. I heard the hype, (it's why I got them), and in my opinion, it's true.

Aahh man I miss Battlestar... still got Razor to be watching at some point I guess. Rewatched the last episode of season 1 again the other day, so very good. The program owes so much to Bear's music work though.

Still haven't found anything to fill the void... Firefly's shaping up to be pretty good, though I hate how early it was cancelled. And the lack of story arcs (standalone episodes instead) means it'll never be quite as good. Great fun though.

I urge everyone to check out the Ron Moore scripted Virtuality later this month too...

Yeah I love the soundtrack to the whole thing. Stunning eastern music in space.

Razor is alright, adds little except some backstory to Pegasus that I found interesting. Fleshed out Terrorist Six, or whatever her name was.

It's hard to recommend a similar show to help pass the BSG-less future, but I highly recommend Breaking Bad if you like your TV dark and gut-searing. The second season just finished, and a third is on its way.

It is about a chemistry teacher, Walt (played by Hal from Malcolm in the Middle), who finds out he has cancer, and through his DEA brother-in-law he stumbles upon a kid he used to teach (played by Scott from Big Love) running away from a meth lab. They tag-team, and for two seasons now we've watched Walt become entwined in the world of drug making and dealing.

It's taut, gripping and grimy. Several horrific situations (bathtub, man in the wheelchair) that have that car-crash tone. But it is also got a few of those "woooaah... shit!" moments, which we all love BSG for.

Do it.

I've only watched the first few episodes. It's good but it didn't live up to the high standards I was expecting after hearing all so much about it.

that's because it takes time. It's a show with a long game to play and, if you stick with it, rewards your time immeasurably.

Well, after watching the Pilot episode a few months ago, I've been speeding through Bones, or at least the first season, fairly quickly. Started it at about 1am, currently on disc... 5! Go me.

The show definitely improves after the pilot. Everyone embraces their stereotyped characters, and thus we can sit back and watch teh dead-body-of-the-week mystery without having to think too hard. Lots of fake and far-fetched science, but frankly this is very adequate TV that you can just sit and watch without thinking too much; along the likes of House, Life and so on. Of course, the script strains to emulate Whedonese, but I'm happy with it. Mostly because Bones herself is strangely alluring to watch. Might just be that her eyes are slightly too close...

*should start actually rating things because nobody actually reads reviews these days*

*is going to use his own rating system*

14/20. First /10 is my personal scoring, the second /10 is what I think the 'cool critic dudes' would score. Added together you get this bundled number, so you'll never really know what my own opinion is, and thus cannot insult me. Nyer.

It's hard to recommend a similar show to help pass the BSG-less future, but I highly recommend Breaking Bad if you like your TV dark and gut-searing. The second season just finished, and a third is on its way.

It is about a chemistry teacher, Walt (played by Hal from Malcolm in the Middle), who finds out he has cancer, and through his DEA brother-in-law he stumbles upon a kid he used to teach (played by Scott from Big Love) running away from a meth lab. They tag-team, and for two seasons now we've watched Walt become entwined in the world of drug making and dealing.

It's taut, gripping and grimy. Several horrific situations (bathtub, man in the wheelchair) that have that car-crash tone. But it is also got a few of those "woooaah... shit!" moments, which we all love BSG for.

Do it.

Yeah I've heard many a good thing about it, Im not really sure why I haven't give it a go. My new plan is to watch one pilot episode a day for a week (long post A levels summer ahead of me), then hopefully one of the ones I watch will hook me enough to buy a boxset. Breaking Bad and possibly Jericho are on the pilot list thus far.

Kings s01e07!

Quick summary;

Deadwood's Al Swearangen (spelling not accurate) is practically allowed his own bitter, shouty show. The former Lovejoy actor plays a mythologically-based King in a modern-day political climate, where there are hints of Magic/God still at play, but with the role of teh Corporate Body weighing dark over his conscience, Kings initially sets out to mimic the tales of classical lore in a contemporary setting, with supposedly snappy wit and insightful characters.

For the most part, this definition is true.

... But this was probably the poorest episode yet. SO it wasn't cancelled after teh first 6 eps! They made more! Woo! But... Very little king screen time, very predictable everything else. ANNOYING, mostly. The 'dream' sequence at the start and the candle near the end were almost mythological semblances of droolsome win, but instead the 'twist' (of the knife) is something that we just... don't... care... about! They're expanding their universe too quickly. They're acting as if we've seen enough character outline when I, for one, think that the 'princess' character has been vastly under-observed/explained.

Another fault is that they're clearly taking their time letting the audience in on what the whole season-long story-arc is. They're flimsy and flakey with whether the king is faithful or not. I've been told the season has already been dropped, so I guess I shouldn't keep my hopes too high.

Alan Carr Chatty Man - Episode 1

It was actually fucking hilarious! The interview with Ross Kemp was far too light though. Could have done with cutting 5 minutes off of Heather Graham and Bruce Forsyththhr for him. Wanted to hear more. But really great first episode.

8.8/10

Alan Carr Chatty Man - Episode 1

It was actually fucking hilarious! The interview with Ross Kemp was far too light though. Could have done with cutting 5 minutes off of Heather Graham and Bruce Forsyththhr for him. Wanted to hear more. But really great first episode.

8.8/10

Agreed!! Thought it was a really good show!... on the other hand Justin Lee Collins show is fucking aweful!

Ross Kemp was great, Heather Graham a bit airhead boring, and I think Brucie is an absolute legend, love the guy, so thought he was great too.

Agreed backatcha. JLC is a great guy, but his show is just meh. Alan Carr's show is a good mix of stand up (on comment affairs is great) and his wit plays with the guests very well.

I do love Bruce (who couldn't) but he is essentially a presenter. Ross Kemp I feel had more to say. Heck they even cut off his response to one of the question things (which annoyed me a bit) but yeah, great show.

Also Big Brother is starting to get better now. Good show last night with the bull and the arguing.