Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Haha, The Bard and Flinky as Brothers that would be too awesome. :bouncy:

I'm you 4 years ago.... :o

or your long lost brother, you may call me Pedro! :) I also want to go to Wales for Uni maybe I got an offer anywho!

THE PIECES ARE STARTING TO FIT!

We'd be like the Super Mario Bros...except there's three of us. Wohoo.

Also, you're a brave, brave man for entering Wales out of choice. Either that, or fooli..never mind. It's cool! Good luck on your adventure. Remember, you have to see the biggoron three days after giving him the eyedrops before you get the sword.

Yeah plus I believe its part of your train journey. You have to come visit. I implore you. IMPLORE!

(plus its my birthday next weekend too!)

I cannae come, as I'll be somewhere else. Can't remember where. They make good chocolate, though. Seeing some lass who's name I can't remember. Eeenooo or something.

Ashley: If it were about the boobs, I'd be content with my own. Fucking MooBs. :(

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd be like the Super Mario Bros...except there's three of us. Wohoo.

Also, you're a brave, brave man for entering Wales out of choice. Either that, or fooli..never mind. It's cool! Good luck on your adventure. Remember, you have to see the biggoron three days after giving him the eyedrops before you get the sword.

I here of a legend that if a Bard a Flink and a Bear are all present at the same timee the world implodes! :o

Haha, that last part confused me but I had to enter Wale to visit the Uni. I was strangely welcomed by a Belgian Waffle in Little Chef....

Well I did build my house upon the sand. All I'm saying is I'm definately not a brave man. ;) I have to say I liked wales but it took 5 hours to get there 5 HOURS!

I'd probably get homesick...

Ashley: If it were about the boobs, I'd be content with my own. Fucking MooBs. :(

Pics or didn't happen :p

To keep this semi-on topic;

Frasier - Season Seven - First 7 eps

Seen many many times before but working through it. I do kinda like Mel, as much of a pain as she becomes. Plus Katie Finnegan (Poppy) is made of win.

Ramsays Great British Nightmares tonight.

Gonna be wicked I reckon. lol Molly

Master Cheif last night....Oh my god, basically right. Okay so like the episode was okay as a whole...but one of the dishes. I'm literally obsessed with it.

Now...I have never tried Scallops, so I can only guess what they taste like, and texture etc, but everyone cooks them all the time on TV shows these days, so yeah. I imagine they're seafoody.

Anyway this dude made something that looked sooooo nice, even though I've never tried Scallops.

It was Scallops on Bacon, with spiced maple syrup and crushed pistachio nuts.

Looked and sounded soo ogooogoodsd.

Supernatural had so much promise this season. Frickin' satan himself is potentially on the way back up the stairway to middle earth, there are badass mofo angels fighting the good fight by any means necessary and Dean crawled his way outta hell after 40 years of sado-masochistic blood and horrors to find he's the paladin of choice for the Beard Above to take names and chew bubblegum... We've had a trip to the past, we've had a homage to Most Haunted... but since the mid-season break we've had nothing but fillers! While they've been reminiscing about high-school and capping more monsters-of-the-week, the Bad Guys have unlocked over half of the gates! Wtf! I thought there'd be more haste about defending at least one of the, what, six hundred and sixty six gates out there.

This episode was cool for two things; the actor that played the younger dean winchester looked loads like him, and... oh wait, that's only one thing.

Enjoyable to a degree, but compared to smallville, lost and battlestar galactica all chucking around episode-after-episode jewells, it pales whiter than a ghost jacked up on Daz.

24 s01 e01-04

Only, what, 8 years late to the party. I accidentally watched episode 2 before the first episode, which was surprisingly only slightly confusing. Primarily, the soundtrack is noticably taut and INTENSE, which sort of puts me off a little; I don't need reminding that time is of teh essense, or anything.

I'm sure I'll be wrong, but at the moment it seems fairly 'obvious' that certain characters are going to fuck other characters over -- but I'm up for waiting and seeing :)

24 s01 e01-04

Only, what, 8 years late to the party. I accidentally watched episode 2 before the first episode, which was surprisingly only slightly confusing. Primarily, the soundtrack is noticably taut and INTENSE, which sort of puts me off a little; I don't need reminding that time is of teh essense, or anything.

I'm sure I'll be wrong, but at the moment it seems fairly 'obvious' that certain characters are going to fuck other characters over -- but I'm up for waiting and seeing :)

Who do you suspect? I won't reply to you at whatsoever.

Ok, I suspect the dude with Jack's wife (as I'm sure he's only played a bastard in everything he's been in), Tony, the guy Jack shot with a dart gun thing, and I think the black-haired youth that kidnapped teh girl is probably actually a really nice guy blah blah blah.

I don't think the black obama-predecessor dude is entirely safe either, but I don't know. Plus I don't think I've met all of the characters yet, I'm sure more people will pop up to zomg-it-urp.

Enjoyable to a degree, but compared to smallville, lost and battlestar galactica all chucking around episode-after-episode jewells, it pales whiter than a ghost jacked up on Daz.

Clark and Lana

*Smacks head, Again*

Anyone else watch CBBC Who Wants To Be A Superhero its insanely awesome, on BBC2 on Saturday mornings, basically these kids all design their own super heroes and costumes that they wear then they get proper re-designed cool costumes and have to do a mission each week to prove themselves as a hero.

Each week one gets voted off ala Weakest Link/Big Brother, and ITS BRUTAL because they're children they all cry and shit, its mental. Anyway the episode on Saturday was sweet, they had to rescue a dude tied up in a pet shop from snakes, and then have a press conference and weren't allowed to reveal their true identity/pose for photos etc. One chick was so funny she fell for every question and posed....she was the one that got voted off in the end.

8/10

And I finally saw Dead Set

Wow, I was very impressed. I watched it in the three segments that it re-aired on Channel 4 as. First third was definitely the weakest, but the last two were utterly brilliant, great characters, great scenery. And the ending was *squeal with excitement*

8.5/10

Gossip Girl S2 Ep1-6 (spoilers)

Bit of a slow start, and a bit pointless at the same time. New characters were introduced that have now already disappeared? And the whole Serena and Dan thing really bugged me - they could easilly work it out for God's sake!!! So could Nate and Vanessa, but noooooo. These teens just dont talk or forgive =/

Loved some of Blairs quotes some of you have mentioned previously - 3 words, 8 letters etc. So cute. I never know what to think about Blair, sometimes i like and feel sorry for her and others shes just a total bitch, but not in a good way like Chuck, more of a "i'll get you back for that" sort of pathetic way.

Still, its picked up again now they've got all that crap out of the way. Plus Queen Serena is awesome.

So i finished The Wire

So yeah. Amazing. Great conclusion to the show as a whole- it was nice to see the jump forwards in time to see that most of the characters did ok in the end. A Happy ending would have been too much to ask of the show so it was good to see that the city is still represented in all it's fucked up glory too.

Some thoughts on the series:

- I think the mayor's character came through really well. I genuinely liked him in series 4 but it's hard not to call him a total cunt by the end of 5. A fair weather idealist who was too willing to shaft the good people in the city to further his career. He backed the wrong mayoral candidate in his place and all his talk was just that.

- I was surprised by what happend to Daniels. I figured he'd be the man for the job at the end but what can he do when his superiors are such bastards?

- Gus is a fucking legend. end of.

- scott is a shit.

- the newspaper plot was generally brilliant. It was a good mirror to the police department and the dealers. A great, well formed group that came alive very quickly in such a small space of time too.

- I'm so happy Bubs made it. He's always been a brilliant character and his anniversary event at the group genuinely brought tears to my eyes. Seeing him come through that then finally come in to the house at the end was brilliant, esepcially looking back on his life before he got clean.

- the last line from the co-op was so fitting. 'that sentimental motherfucker cost us money! I like how that tied in to Marlo's character so well too, even though he wasn't there

90210 Episode 3

A Nice bit of fluff to pass the time on a Monday evening! Not that great but not that bad and I love Silver. :)

Agreed completely. The worst episode of it so far, out of the three I've seen...but still not bad enough to switch over or anything. I love Silver too! :D

---

Gossip Girl - Season 1 Overall

The most enjoyable show to appear on television since Desperate Housewives debuted. I love Blair so much! The fact she somehow manages to make every episode seem like it revolves around her, and her alone, is brilliant. She's the classic bitch with a heart character...except she takes it to a whole new level of bitchyness. Some of her one liners, are comedy gold too. Such as: "Oh, Brown doesn't do degrees in slut" and "Witch hunts are my valium. This war I'm going to win *over the top dramatic music*" spring to mind.

It's easy to compare it to the O.C (Look at the characters, half of them actually look mighty similar) but it shouldn't be. Gossip Girl is lacking basically any sense of reality, and it's obvious though it does deal with some pretty serious issues from time to time, it's aware it's hardly painting a true picture of society today. It's just utterly enjoyable watching a set of hugely attractive "teens" slowly ripping each other apart, and bringing everyone down with them in one huge Bitch-plosion. :D

I dunno. I'd imagine UESers do live a bit like that. When you have a bottomless pit of youth and the freedom of youth what else you going to do eh?

Life on Mars - Pilot

Interesting. I wasn't aware that the past section is a coma (or at least believed to be one) so that was a nice suprising twist. Had bloody Bowie stuck in my head all night though.

Six Feet Under - Pilot

Michael C. Hall actually looks older than this than he does in Dexter. Strange. Some amusing looks at ...life or whatever. Some funny obscure one liners.

Big Love - Prom Queen

So made of win but nobody watches it so I could say anything and nobody would care. But wintastic!

Gossip Girl - Carnal Knowledge

Scandelous and I think Blair was fair in what she was doing. And I was quite suprised to hear a 300 reference on GG;

"This is madness!"

"No. This is Constance!"

How I Met Your Mother - The Possimpible

lol at the video reusme. Plus Robin took centre stage which is always nice. And a fantastic use of pregnancy belly.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!