Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How I Met Your Mother - Season 4, episode 6

An alright episode. There have been far better and far worse. Barney's antics to get under the table with the hot chicks was brilliant. Would have been cool to see Ted go off the handle at Stella. Such an anti-climax, but he's right. To make up for that I watch the Swarley episode. Brilliant. Love the ending on that one. Gonna have to try that at some point.

Life on Mars Series 1 + 2

Bloody brilliant. Great characters, lines, situations, twists and music. One of the best TV series' I've watched and I thought the ending was perfect.

Will have to buy Ashes to Ashes soon, plus Bowie's Life on Mars has been the most played song on my MP3 player during the last 2 weeks. :heh:

Chuck. Season Two. Episodes 3-5

Daft, geeky but comical. Just as I like it. A fight between Yvonne Stahovski and Nicole Richie in the showers was integral of course. As was the big salute to Missile Commander. Oh and this made me laugh:

Chuck: Morgan. Do we carry any Rush CDs in the store?

Morgan: No need. I have them all on my Zune.

Chuck: You have a Zune?

Morgan: *laughs* Course not. I'll grab my iPod.

:p

Dead Set

Very good stuffs, especially for a British show. Alot less comic than I thought it would be and curiously more generic than it perhaps should have been, especially given the setting (The BB house mayaswell have been any old house, spare a few moments, after the opening episode)

Also, at 30 minutes some of the episodes felt over before they'd begun. Nonetheless, good gorefest

8 / 10

Battlestar Galactica Miniseries

I started watching Season 4 a while ago, and whilst I loved it, I soon fell behind and then gave up, as leaping into the middle of a series just doesn't really work. So I got the miniseries, and frak me it was good! Some great dogfights and a great premise. Will be buying the DVD of Season One as soon as I get some money together...

9 / 10

I emailed Channel 4 and for anyone who cares (cos it FUCKING rules) The Big Bang Theory season 2 starts this month. She didn't say exactly when (cos she didn't know) but yeah.

Can't wait.

I think I saw the majority of Season 1, and its being repeated on E4 *as we speak* so hopefully Ill catch any I missed.

Season 1 from what I saw

9/10

I emailed Channel 4 and for anyone who cares (cos it FUCKING rules) The Big Bang Theory season 2 starts this month. She didn't say exactly when (cos she didn't know) but yeah.

Can't wait.

I think I saw the majority of Season 1, and its being repeated on E4 *as we speak* so hopefully Ill catch any I missed.

Season 1 from what I saw

9/10

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I loved the Big Bang Theory!!! I loved the really picky and annoying one, what a legend. And the girl is hot! :) Funny as well :p

Smallville: Identidy and Bloodline

Great to see it back to it's best, now that the show's two most boring characters are gone, The show has just kicked total ass. Judging by what's coming up as well, it's only gonna get better. Legion of Superheroes anyone?

8/10

24 Season 6 - 9/10

Finally finished this in anticipation of the return of Sky to Virgin Media and 24: Redemption on the 24th. I loved it, I couldn't understand all the criticism people gave it. It was very different to previous seasons, and although it's not the best, it's still some damn good edge-of-your-seat TV.

Dexter Season Three Episodes 1-6

I do like the way they're taking this season, a bit more like Dearly Devoted Dexter (but through different means). Plus I like the way Dexter and Rita have become the quintessential middle class American family complete with close friends, just with a nice Dexter-style twist.

And everyone else has decent enough storylines to keep them plodding through. They've even given one to Masuka!

And now for a random amusing quote:

(Dexter is musing about how kids can grow up to be anything while waiting in a doctor's office.)

Sees child reading a magazine upside down

Dexter voice-over: Nobel prize winner

Sees child drinking juice furiously

DVO: Alcoholic

Sees child blankly staring at fish tank picking his nose.

DVO: President.

Friends Season 1. Episodes1-6.

Been watching it from the start on E4. :) Since I haven't watched in a while it's a great little treat when I get home from school.

So far It has been awesome. I never realised how funny the first season is! Chandler is as brilliant as ever. Best quote so far.

Ross: "I don't know whether I'm hungry or Horny?"

Chandler: "Then stay out of my fridge!" :grin:

And while we're at it im currently watching 30 Rock's episode 'Greenzo' which has David Schwimmer (and Al Gore) in it. Plays an amusingly arrogant 'green' (ie environmental) mascot.

"He's testing well in every category; coloured people, broads, fairies, commies. God we need to update these categories."

"Did he just talk to me like im ugly?"

And looking forward to the new episode next week with Jennifer Anison, it looks fun :)

And while we're at it im currently watching 30 Rock's episode 'Greenzo' which has David Schwimmer (and Al Gore) in it. Plays an amusingly arrogant 'green' (ie environmental) mascot.

"He's testing well in every category; coloured people, broads, fairies, commies. God we need to update these categories."

"Did he just talk to me like im ugly?"

And looking forward to the new episode next week with Jennifer Anison, it looks fun :)

Where do you manage to watch it online? I've looked for 30 rock, but cannot find anywhere! I swear I must be blind.

Not too sure about new series of Dexter personally. Its seems too samey for me. But then again I can't think of any other way for them to go. For me they aren't going to be able to match season 1.

Season Three?

I dunno, unlike the last two theres not been some big overaching serial killer which Dexter has taken an interested in. As far as Dexter goes its a very personal level, living the 'American Dream' as it were. Yeah the department is going through an ongoing investigation but its different to the ITK and BHB, its less press-tastic.

I think it is similar in a way, as you say they can't anything too dramatic with it, but different enough.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!