N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm...

Gossip Girl - Last Tango, Then Paris

Oh the wacky drama those kids lead! Its pure crap, but entertainingly so. I wish I could summer in Paris. Damn rich kids.

Although to elaborate:

I read some fan speculation that Jenny would just cry rape rather than actually sleeping with Chuck and I would have preferred that. It just seemed like an irritating road block for the sake of having one. And they're trying to keep up a mystery of whether Chuck is dead but I doubt it as Momsen and Schorz are MIA for the start of next season so that would leave four characters...

Although they can shoot Vanessa. That's fine.

Also not impressed with the Dan/Serena stuff. You're HALF-SIBLINGS!

And is it me or were there no hospital staff during Dorota's delivery? Didn't see one person :p

And final moan; ever heard of a phone Blair?

Ummm...

Although to elaborate:

I read some fan speculation that Jenny would just cry rape rather than actually sleeping with Chuck and I would have preferred that. It just seemed like an irritating road block for the sake of having one. And they're trying to keep up a mystery of whether Chuck is dead but I doubt it as Momsen and Schorz are MIA for the start of next season so that would leave four characters...

Although they can shoot Vanessa. That's fine.

Also not impressed with the Dan/Serena stuff. You're HALF-SIBLINGS!

And is it me or were there no hospital staff during Dorota's delivery? Didn't see one person :p

And final moan; ever heard of a phone Blair?

Dan and Serena go for the 8th time. Although to be fair, it's their first shot at an incestual one. Also, why do they insist on bringing back the useless plot device that is Georgina at the end of every season. New characters please Josh.

To be fair I love Georgina purely because in the books she sold her pony for crack.

That's right! Sold her pony for crack!

I actually quite like hell Evil streak but either give her a decent run now or just let her ride off with her Pony.

Brothers And Sisters Season 4, 'Time After Time' Pt.1

I think I'm the only person in the UK who still watches this, but I love it. This season has definitely been one of the most enjoyable so far, but then it's the only show I've watched "properly". As in, from season 1 until right now, all on TV when it's meant to be, so it's hard to compare fairly as bits kinda blur together.

But yeah, shocking revelation in this. I don't know what I'd do. You'd just feel so empty inside.

I love how in the 80's flashbacks, they actually cast really good people to play their younger selves, all getting the voices/speech patterns right, as well as faces.

But yeah, I was left spent and gasping for more.

Finished

... and ultimately I have strong mixed feelings about this season! Too frequently were we presented with a sudden change in information from a re-appearing once-one-off character who somehow claimed to know more than the angels themselves. The suggestion that the season's conclusion may be what God originally intended, and that the battle between lucifer and michael has already ended, prompts thoughts about the next season; furthering my earlier post about potential mythological gods taking precedence, it seems that God is not dead and disinterested as we imagine, but what I'm worried most about is that there has been several suggestions that aliens may play a larger role from now on.

But yeah - overall the season felt too sloppy and forced, and with such an epic storyline, what can we expect from the next season?

Party Down - Steve Guttenberg's Birthday

:D Guttenberg playing himself fairly well (and surprisingly toned considering he's 51) :p I love how he was all buddy buddy and friendly with everyone and did what he did at the end, but without seeming like a jerk. Well played Guttenberg. Was fun seeing the gang just hang out rather than work and everyone loves overacted sci-fi. Lydia believing he was Ted Danson and calling him Ted all night was great and he just rolled with it. Oh and that kid who played McLuvin was in it. Why does his face always look like its mid-twitch?

"Ayn Rand wrote about how awesome awesome people are"

"Its a man fucking a porcupine..."

Edited by Ashley

Is it just iTunes that sells individual episodes of TV shows that you have on your computer/iPod? I need a specific episode of Angel "Your Welcome" or whatever, and all the one's I've "found" have ridiculous audio-video sync issues, so I conceded to buy it...but iTunes DOESN'T BLOODY HAVE ANY ANGEL.

Firefly

I thought it had a lot of potential. A great setting for a sci-fi with a good backround. A good set of characters.

Trouble is it was too shallow. It never really went anywhere. There wasn't any character development and not much of an underlying story. It felt more like a collection of episodes than a series. The main story (River) didn't really go anywhere. It wasn't explained much and they didn't make it particularly exciting or interesting (nowhere near as much as it could have been).

Thought it was a good programme though with a lot of potential. Would love to see another series.

7/10 (probably a 6/10 but bumped up for how good it could be)

Serenity (yeah I know it's a film but it follows on from Firefly)

Thought this was better. A lot of issues with Firefly were rectified somewhat. Mal's character changed throughout the film (although I think they could have made the viewer more empathic to him), Nathan Fillion was really good.

I liked River's story, although it felt a bit of an anti-climax.

They had built up an aura of intrigue around River only for it to end with the secret of a failed experiment.

7.5/10

Angel Season 5 MOAR episodes

Loved the

Cordelia one...especially the ending. Was not at all pleased with how they treated her at the end of Season 4 (why was there pointlessly NOT a scene showing where she was? Lyla just says "She's in a coma, loving it though", and I suppose it's assumed Angel has visited her a few times, but still). But this was lovely...ending was sad. I thought for a second it would be the cliche "It's not me anymore/I have to move on" etc, which it started off as, but then revealed.

Just been rocked all night by Fred's infection from the sarcophagus (sp?). I jumped at;

Lorne: *sings, while waltzing off* You are my sunshine...

Fred: *smiling* My only sunsh- *coughs up blood and falls down stairs*

Oh hey, I liked that Lindsay came back, sortof. I loved the puppet episode. :D

I HATE Eve. I just hate the actress. She has NOTHING on Lyla, enigmatic bitch-wise. Fair enough they probably wanted a different kind of cold-and-calculating, but the actress is so horribly high school play. She has no expression, and not in a suitable way.