N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

New Supernatural episode was a retread of familiar ground and essentially 45 minutes purely to tell us that sam and dean's paths are splitting again.

House's lock-in episode was very good. This season combined with the last 5 eps of the previous have had an excellent average of decency. Or a decent average of excellency, or whatever. You know what I mean.

The job of a pilot episode is to draw you in and make you want to carry on watching a series. If it doesnt do that job then obviously its just not a series im going to like.

I always abide by the 3 strikes rule - one episode rarely gives you a full flavour, forcing yourself to sit through three and you may change your mind. There are plenty of truly awesome tv shows out there at don't grab you immediately -- The Wire, Carnivale, HIMYM, etc.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always abide by the 3 strikes rule - one episode rarely gives you a full flavour, forcing yourself to sit through three and you may change your mind. There are plenty of truly awesome tv shows out there at don't grab you immediately -- The Wire, Carnivale, HIMYM, etc.

Thisss... So much. I find a lot of pilots of my favourite shows tend to be a little 'dodgy'. Purely because of their nature (pure set up) they rarely tend to give a true picture of what an average episode will be like. 3 episodes always gives you a decent idea though.

Also, House was good yah. Nice to see some characters CHILL OUT a little bit.

It is vampire shyte

I agree. The first episode put me off so much. Three strikes or whatever I don't care. The first episode was Twilight with boobs. "Oh I'm in love/lust with this person/vampire" "oh I'm in love with this person/vampire" "oh look, I'm brooding. Oh and I'm in love with this person/vampire." Fuck you. Fuck you and your fucking teen lives.

Anyway.

Mother was fun this week. Nice to see the threeway belt. And I love how on Gossip Girl there was an accordion Eastern-European rendition of BEP's 'Tonight'. Only on that show.

To be honest yes I usually would give shows more of a chance but if the pilot doesnt have one thing at all that makes me want to come back im just not going to bother. It wasnt that I just didnt care, I actually didnt like it.

Also, House was good yah. Nice to see some characters CHILL OUT a little bit.

That was truly brilliant. Wonder what implications/consequences Taub's final act will have - if any.

Also, now I want to try.

House is always a pleasure. Never disappoints. Maybe I'm easy.

Mad Man series three just ended

such a payoff. The richness of the narrative is intoxicating. A tour de force of natural style over the usual over baked, hyper edited shite pumped out on most networks. Can't wait for season 4.

sadface now though. So sadface.

I agree. The first episode put me off so much. Three strikes or whatever I don't care. The first episode was Twilight with boobs. "Oh I'm in love/lust with this person/vampire" "oh I'm in love with this person/vampire" "oh look, I'm brooding. Oh and I'm in love with this person/vampire." Fuck you. Fuck you and your fucking teen lives.

Anyway.

Mother was fun this week. Nice to see the threeway belt. And I love how on Gossip Girl there was an accordion Eastern-European rendition of BEP's 'Tonight'. Only on that show.

Pfffft, these are young adults not 15 year old girls and boys.

And they actually deal with vampire mythology, as opposed to just "zomgzzz alice zomgzzzzzzzzzz" and "I like teh taste of bloodzors"

Its amazing, and you're both highly mistaken. It couldn't be any less like Twishite.

The newest Glee episode, "Hell-O"

The jokes all hit, the drama was present but it just felt so reintroductory and pretty much reset things to start developing once again. Lea Michele was beautiful as always. Jane Lynch continues to deliver some of the greatest lines ever written. Rival Glee club lead teacher is hot as hell, get on her Will!

A high oct8ve.

Tried to get back into Arrested Development. I've watched about 6 episodes and it is very, very funny in places. But I'm starting to get sick of the same old jokes being replayed episode after episode.

"I'm an actor!", "You're not an actor."

"I spent some money I don't have!", "Get a job!"

"That is so awesome", "It really is", "I hate it", "I hate it too!"

"Dad, pay attention to me", "Prison is awesome".

Repeat ad infinitum.

Borednow.

How far are you in overall? It's one of those comedies that gets better and better further on in the series. Also improves with repeat viewings as there are so many subtle gags everywhere that you completely miss. I wouldn't say some of the things you've listed are meant to be main jokes, more just character traits.

The latest Flashforward ep was great. Really glad I got back into it. I hope it doesn't end up getting renewed though, it really is a one season concept.

Unfortunately the repetition is a part of the humour, so if you don't like it now... Sense of humour fail.

The latest episode of Fringe was freaking awesome. Srsly, more of you need to watch it.

I've forgotten which Fringe ep. I actually got up to in s03 so I'm probably going to wait for the season to end then watch it over the dry period.

I've forgotten which Fringe ep. I actually got up to in s03 so I'm probably going to wait for the season to end then watch it over the dry period.

Pssst... We've not hit s03 yet, still on s02. But yeah I highly recommend it. After a slow start to this season, the back half have just been stunning.

Note to self: STOP using that word.

Tried to get back into Arrested Development. I've watched about 6 episodes and it is very, very funny in places. But I'm starting to get sick of the same old jokes being replayed episode after episode.

"I'm an actor!", "You're not an actor."

"I spent some money I don't have!", "Get a job!"

"That is so awesome", "It really is", "I hate it", "I hate it too!"

"Dad, pay attention to me", "Prison is awesome".

Repeat ad infinitum.

Borednow.

Arrested Development didn't grab me properly until the second season. I was watching it initially for something to do and finding it to be just good enough to keep going. But from the second season onwards I was addicted and remain adamant it is one of the greatest American comedies ever produced.

It might be that the repetitive comedy style suddenly gelled with me or maybe it was that I'd warmed to the characters but something just fell into place. Give it a little longer before moving on, perhaps?

Human Target: Pilot

Quite enjoyed this. Ive never read the graphic novel its based on but its looking to be a promising action show for me to start watching. Some good actors in it as well. Plus its always nice to see Tricia Helfer, even if it was just a guest starring role.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!