N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I like most of it, only bit that ruined it was:

Cordelia and Connor getting it on which as you said was because of external issues. The demon stuff at the beginning was very good, Angelus returning was good and the Jasmine stuff was good, especially Freds episode showing again how strong she was. Plus this was the real start of awesome Wesley.

Gladiators - The Legends Return, was on ITV 2 the other night. It was the most fun i've had watching tv since... i can't even remember. It was amazing, all that nostalgia, made me a bit emotional actually remembering The Wolfman, Hunter, Lightning... and some i'd forgotten, but it all came back when they showed the old clips.

And to see the old gladiators vs. the new ones who are half their age and in their physical prime - was fantastic! At first i was a bit worried it'd be cringy seeing 55 year old Wolf, and the rest in their 40's, trying to compete, but they kicked arse. I even came away liking the new Gladiators, which i refused to even watch prior to that.

Watching Gladiators back in the 90's when i was younger made me so happy. That show was what fun is all about.

I'd kill for a dvd boxset of the original series, but doesn't look like it'll ever happen due to a licensing dispute or something.

wolfe.jpg

Angel : More episodes

I loved how unexpectedly early on...

Doyle's death was. I assumed he'd live a little longer. :p

However I did know that Cordelia got precog abilities, so I assumed he'd leave at some point. Yay for Wesley being back.

Angel : More episodes

I loved how unexpectedly early on...

Doyle's death was. I assumed he'd live a little longer. :p

However I did know that Cordelia got precog abilities, so I assumed he'd leave at some point. Yay for Wesley being back.

Strangely;

The general consensus was that, apparently, Doyle was rather rubbish. Personally when I went through the show the first time I really enjoyed the character. You re-watching this makes me want to go through it again. I'm currently without a good show to burn through so it makes sense to go back to this, especially seeing as my last sessioning was revolving around Boreanez's Bones

Glee - S1E07 - Throwdown

Probably the best episode I've seen yet. Up to this episode, I never really liked the series that much but this episode was awesomeeee!

8/10

It is entertaining, but I would really like to see an episode where Mercedes doesn't finish every sentence with "HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAYYYYAAAAAY" Whilst looking like she's having a really painful shit.

It is entertaining, but I would really like to see an episode where Mercedes doesn't finish every sentence with "HEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAYYYYAAAAAY" Whilst looking like she's having a really painful shit.

Lol I know what you mean mate.

Just finished watching all the episodes up to date. Really enjoyed it. But there's something missing that makes it a must see tv series....its no Smallville (although its getting worse), One Tree Hill (same could be said about this) or The Office (US version - has to be my fav tv series of all time).

Breaking Bad

Seriously: This show is bad for my mental and emotional well being. The sheer stress and awfulness of every fraught personal encounter is just savage. Silence, like concrete, weighs down on me while I watch balled up in the corner.

But there's something missing that makes it a must see tv series....i

The fact that barely anything happens, plot-wise, outside of "X is leaving the group!" or "X is trying to sabotage the group!", every episode?

----

Angel Season 1

I really liked it.

I much prefer him here than in Buffy, I just hated that timeless romance stuff, it's what Twilight is based all around, but at least Buffy and Angel had some semblance of a real relationship. I just hated how both acted when they were together. Anyway, they only seem to interact briefly between series anyway. I really liked Faith coming over to Angel...It implied during her bits in Season 4 of Buffy that she'd "changed" (when she body-swapped with Buffy and began to do good deeds for the sake of them being good), it would have been a bit blah to be so sudden and definite. She seems a perfect fit as a character into the series, even if she'll only be cameo-ing every so often.

Cordelia stuns. I got used to Anya as the comedy bitch of Buffy when she was brought in to replace Cordy, but then I actively loved Anya, and still do, more than Cordelia, though the two are different characters clearly. Wesley is fun too.

I love Cordelia's house, forcing her to live with a really obvious yet benevolent poltergeist. Like throwing (useful to the situation) books at her when needed.

Wolfram + Hart is/are an interesting villain/s...something totally unlike the Buffy big-bads. I was kinda "..." when Lindsay/Linsay/Linsey rejoined them even though he realised the power in the tear in his hand a minute before. (Oh HANDS! Fuck. Yes.)

Jane (as Police Woman) has a stunning face.

I like how in one Wesley points out something I really wanted to know; that Angel having sex wouldn't necessarily turn him back into Angelus...it might just have been being with Buffy that triggered that amount of happiness. OH, and I loved finding out that drugs that induce highs had the same effect! That stunned. I felt so dirty and disturbed when he shoved the blood packet into Raven's mouth. A horrific thing.

Rambling, but yeah. I enjoyed.

Oh yeah, COME THE FUCK ON DARLA! You're ready. I'm ready.

(I watched the first one of Series 2 too. I love the Karaoke bar. )

Breaking Bad

Seriously: This show is bad for my mental and emotional well being. The sheer stress and awfulness of every fraught personal encounter is just savage. Silence, like concrete, weighs down on me while I watch balled up in the corner.

I'm convinced. *To Play*

Chuck vs The Other Guy

:D

Casey: "Here's the number for my tactical guy Colonel Sanders *off Chuck's look* don't make fun of his name."

Beckman: "Want to see the bill for your tactical assault Chuck? It's bigger than my copy of Atlas Shrugged."

Of course Beckman has read Atlas Shrugged.

3 week break; not so good :(

Edited by Ashley

If Chuck doesnt get renewed it'll be a travesty. Easily my favourite show at the moment and just brilliant. I'll be interested to see how the remaining episodes go as this was supposed to be the finale.

I think they knew this wasn't going to be the last episode just in time, so they may have tweaked it because.

There was a lack of Awesome and Ellie, and you'd think if they thought it was going to be a season finale they'd have put them in somewhere.

And for anyone wondering what is happening during the 6 episodes when it returns in three weeks:

00117rt2

Been watching the new show Justified that Fox has let loose. It starts Timothy Oliphant, best known for his role in Deadwood as that cool sherriff dude, and in this show he seems to play more-or-less the same character, only with a sense of humour.

FBI guy gets sent from Miami back to his hometown in Kentucky because he shot a criminal before being shot at. Our hero felt justified in shooting the guy, but the government doesn't agree.

Three episodes in, I feel it's worth sticking with for now, but if the whole season is going to be about daddy issues/ex girlfriends then I'll soon dump it.

I've finally finished watching Series One of Dexter with Ine. It's taken a lot longer than I thought it would have, haha. Damn these X-Files Episodes taking our time.

It definitely gets better as the series goes on. Doesn't start off too badly either, and I found the last few episodes which deal with Dex's Repressed Memory to be very compelling. I initially thought that the series would just be about solving the mystery of the Ice Trucker Killer, but it's clever how it works into Dexter's Past catching up with him.

I liked how he was torn at the end over killing his brother. I had some thoughts midway through the series that maybe the guy could be his brother, but that...they didn't seem to act alike. But, there was one scene in his old house where they're sat next to each other at the table where I thought to myself "Actually, that does work."

In short, I enjoyed it very much, and probably more than I expected to. It's great entertainment and good viewing. Not the worst thing I've seen on telly.

I think a score of 8 out of 10 is very accurate.

Dexter is too FTW.

Flashforward (Episode 14 I think)

I thought that was awesome. Ridiculously tantalising cliffhanger. It was almost half a cliff hanger it was such a cliff hanger. Had me absolutely screaming for more. Personally loving FlashForward. This is mystery tv show done right. :p

8/10

Watched episode 1 of Big Love, Ashley'll be pleased (he "gave" them to me).

I thought it was really cool, and just very unique in what appears to be the premise.

YAY! Quite surprised, I thought you were going to wait til post-Angel? Did you follow everything? Took me 2 or 3 times to do so. Plus watching the whole season helps to, little things are remarked that are picked up later. But regardless, Nikki is thrilled;

big_love_3.jpg

I've finally finished watching Series One of Dexter with Ine. It's taken a lot longer than I thought it would have, haha. Damn these X-Files Episodes taking our time.

It definitely gets better as the series goes on. Doesn't start off too badly either, and I found the last few episodes which deal with Dex's Repressed Memory to be very compelling. I initially thought that the series would just be about solving the mystery of the Ice Trucker Killer, but it's clever how it works into Dexter's Past catching up with him.

I liked how he was torn at the end over killing his brother. I had some thoughts midway through the series that maybe the guy could be his brother, but that...they didn't seem to act alike. But, there was one scene in his old house where they're sat next to each other at the table where I thought to myself "Actually, that does work."

In short, I enjoyed it very much, and probably more than I expected to. It's great entertainment and good viewing. Not the worst thing I've seen on telly.

I think a score of 8 out of 10 is very accurate.

So...in your mind siblings act exactly the same.

:(:(:(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!