Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

I thought the same thing about Dexter til recently. For some reason I just thought it ended after the second season.

I see everything.

Saw him last weekend, I've got your Orange Box.

I want what I leant you back first ¬____¬

excellent :) I'll bring bones, jam and invincible around once Huw give it back, along with a couple of his fingers.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two and a Half Men

Just discovered this series, why didn't i discover it earlier.

I'm the same. It's pure brilliance. Absolutely loved last night's episodes. Why is it on Monday to Thursday? It should be on EVERY NIGHT like Friends!

You son of a bitch. How could you not know the brilliance of The Sheen.

I don't have Sky in my room, I have Freeview and found the show on VIVA last week...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :p

Two and a Half men, I just couldn't get into it! I found it annoying more than anything. :)

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 3

Brilliant in every way. So much better than Season 2. Up there with Season 1 in terms of laughs and quality. The final episode is one of the finest pieces of comedy I've ever seen. The whole season had been building to the final few minutes which are just genius. I was in joyful pain by the end of it! :grin:

10/10

Season 1 = 9/10

Season 2 = 8/10

Season 3 = 9/10

Probably, something like that.

How I Met Your Mother - The Playbook/Slapsgiving 2

The Play book: I really enjoyed. It was great to see the return of Barney up to his old tricks. :)

8/10

Slapsgiving 2: Revenge of the Slap was not as good as the week before but still good enough. :D

7/10

Next week get back to Ted please. He has been ignored a lot this Season. I'm not even a big fan of Ted.

Big Bang Theory - Season 3 so far.

Sheldon still makes this show. I love everything about him! I don't really care for Leonard, howard or Raj. Though they are trying to flesh out Raj and Howard a bit more. They are getting funnier as oppose to annoying. I like Penny I have no problems with her and she is at her best when interacting with Sheldon as their moments together are often really sweet. :)

so far 7/10

Hannah Montana - He Could Be The One

Will she choose Jake or Jesse? (I think that was his name) I even fell for the usual trick at the end. An actual shameful surprised gasp came out of my mouth when I thought she had chosen Jesse. :p

6/10

Sonny With A Chance - Season 1 so far

I'm like 7 episodes in. This is Demi Lovotos Disney show. It's fun. It's stupider than Hannah Montana which I find clever in its jokes for a kids show and relies more on childish jokes. Demi's character is good though and it puts a smile on my face so it's s'all good. :)

so far 7/10

Russel Howard's - Good News

He is okay. He has grown on me. I still think his jokes could be sharper! This show is enjoyable. It's just got this friendly atmosphere about it as he is quite charming. It also always ends on a "happy/thoughtful" note which I like.

7/10

Jon Culshaw's impressonist show.

Dull. A few good sketches here and there. Then of course they get repeated throughout the rest of the series and become even less funny over time. Also a lot of his people just sound the same or like him. The woman with him is not great either.

4/10

Sex And The City - Season 2 so far

I love this too much. :heart: I find it great and all the characters are fabulous! :heh:

9/10

One Tree Hill Season 3 episode 2

I forgot I liked One Tree Hill. Having watched Seasons 1 and 2 about 4 years ago. I've decided to watch Season 3 and all this memories came flooding back to be and what the characters had done and it's all very smushy but good!

7/10

Family Guy Season 8 so far

It's been hilarious this season with some great moments. Last two episodes were a bit of a drag though. :)

7/10

The Simpsons - Season 21

Much better than Season 20 so far. The plots are tighter and less wackier. There has been more thought put into them and the plots are mainly not all over the place. Some contrived endings but all in all an improvement! The jokes are a lot funnier though. Still don't think it reaches the quality of the end of Season 20 for me which delievered much more in the comedy department.

8/10

Nip/Tuck Alexis Stone II

Although I think her return was so they could focus on the main characters rather than bring in a new patient. The fact Matt's prison husband wanted him to get tits was classic Nip/Tuck absurd/creepy.

Julia planting the coke in her mother's hand luggage was down right cold, but wonderful. I wonder if she'll be back at all.

I love the actor name 'Patrick Kilpatrick'. Makes you wonder what his parents were thinking.

Glee - Hairography

Again I have this problem that this show goes from dramatic storylines about fake pregnancies to the very next scene being a ridiculous and somewhat offensive "oh he's partially deaf he must not be able to hear things...but only when its funny!" It would be one thing if it was a parody, but it hops around so much stuff like this (as well as Kurt's pining/duplicity) makes it seem like they're cluelessly using stereotypes because they believe in them.

I think I may give it up during the winter hiatus. Maybe the end of the first season but I'm growing increasingly bored of it. I wish Jane Lynch would just go back to Party Down.

Plus the frequent use of that psycho-clown music theme is pissing me off. Reminds me of a poorer version of this;

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Oh and I almost forgot about the vomit-inducing final song ("were all different but its our differences that make us so great yaaaaay") and when they joint in on Imagine. I know how it was supposed to be read but personally I felt as if they were being patronising. "Oh look, you can't really sing can you but bless your little cotton socks you're trying! How about we help?"

Pushing Daisies - The Norwegians

I love the rhythmic, almost poetic, dialogue of the show. Example under the cut.

Emerson: "You two are acting all lovey dovey when you ought to be skwarking mad. You screwed up when you used his witching finger to conjure up a corpse and then not tell him. You screwed up by not tappin' her pops when you had the chance and I screwed up by cahooting and colluding and covering up and ended up having another dead body in dear old ghost dad's empty grave. And both of you ladies ought to be mad as hell at dear old dead dad for stealing your car and stealing off into the night with a corpse face that ain't going to do no favours for nobody."

Ned: "Now that you mention it I am mad." *slams fist against table* "I'm furious!"

E: "Oh get over it fool. Bitchin' and whinin' time has gotten the boot and we need to fix this."

*Olive enters*

Olive: "Fix what chit-chatters what you fixing?"

E: "Fixin' to tell you to mind yours."

O: "Are you working a case? Well break it down. Are there dead somebodies? Is it murder, missing persons, who are the players? Lay it on me."

E: "This is one of those need to know cases and you do not need therefore you shall not know."

O: "No casual case chit chat to pass the time whilst paroosing the menu?" *winks*

E: "We don't chit chat where we eat."

O: "But I'm your itty bitty. I'm helpful."

E: "Strawberry Kiwi Crumble. A la mode."

Chuck: "Golden Cherry Crimson Pear. Also a la mode."

N: "Just coffee for me thanks."

*Olive begins to walk away, pauses, turns back*

O: "Hold up yo."

E: "Oh boy."

O: "I'm not some yo-yo you can jerk up and down on a today let's include her tomorrow let's not whim. 'Cause if I am there are so many knots I can tie in my yo-yo string before it snaps. For good."

C: "Please Olive."

E: "Please Olive my ass. Where's my pie?"

Oh and this is one of my favourite exchanges ever on the show;

Norwegian detective: "FACT THREE! It wasn't conjecture. You and Dwight Dixon hobnobbed in the same circles!"

Emerson: "The hell I did. We didn't nob no hobs. And certainly not in no damn circles."

Pure filth :p

As well as the fact that the Norwegians billboard says "Skubbe Du?" which means 'push you' but it works well within the theme of the show :p

Edited by Ashley

Numberplate was "MOTHER" but the van did have 'Mobile Investigation Lab Factory" on it;

00722.jpg

I love the secret dirty jokes hidden amongst the fairytale setting. Another of my favourites;

The wife of a now-former KFC colonel like person: Me and the donut guy are going into business together. We're going to call it Finger Lickin' Donut Holes.

Ned: How nice...and filthy.

Glee - Hairography

Again I have this problem that this show goes from dramatic storylines about fake pregnancies to the very next scene being a ridiculous and somewhat offensive "oh he's partially deaf he must not be able to hear things...but only when its funny!" It would be one thing if it was a parody, but it hops around so much stuff like this (as well as Kurt's pining/duplicity) makes it seem like they're cluelessly using stereotypes because they believe in them.

I think I may give it up during the winter hiatus. Maybe the end of the first season but I'm growing increasingly bored of it. I wish Jane Lynch would just go back to Party Down.

Plus the frequent use of that psycho-clown music theme is pissing me off. Reminds me of a poorer version of this;

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Oh and I almost forgot about the vomit-inducing final song ("were all different but its our differences that make us so great yaaaaay") and when they joint in on Imagine. I know how it was supposed to be read but personally I felt as if they were being patronising. "Oh look, you can't really sing can you but bless your little cotton socks you're trying! How about we help?"

Yeah. At least Jane Lynch was in it this week. I hated Imagine for the reasons you said. I understood what it was all about, but it looked and sounded like, again, what you described. The good ones saying "Oh Sweet! Now let us do it well.".

They should've got someone to be Quinn's singing voice, seriously. Erugh. Not AS bad as her speaking voice, but almost. I hate Kurt.

I think what I hate most is how unrealistic it is that the members of the club aren't actually friends. When you do things like that, where they seem to spend every waking hour practicing intense and fun dance and song routines, you'd get to know people, and like them (or not). At the moment, presumably a few months in, they all seem indifferent to each other.

Numberplate was "MOTHER" but the van did have 'Mobile Investigation Lab Factory" on it;

Speaking of MILF, I think it's awesome that after watching FlashForward and not being able to figure out where exactly I'd seen Agent Noh before, IMDb told me that he was the MILF guy from American Pie. Those two totally popularised that term and without them, we'd probably not be saying it today (although it was in Bill and Ted too).

Pokemon - The one where Chimchar fights his old owner Paul (a stunning character, since he's technically what everyone who plays the games is like), and goes crazy at the end.

Yeah, I watch Poke before college on ITV4 every morning, a lovely wake-up call. I hate ones where nothing really happens though. Technically not filler though, since Chimchar learnt a new move or something.

Misfits

Jesus. How on earth is a show that can only be described as 'Skins meets Heroes' is turning into one of the most fresh, original, and downright great things on TV at the moment?

I'm adoring Misfits. I watch each episode four times. I haven't done that since Heroes and The Sopranos. The latest episode is fantastic and the next one looks like it'll be even better.

I doubt that very much :heh:

Reminds me of the fact someone in a lecture recently said The Inbetweeners was the best comedy ever. I wanted to piledrive them.

The Inbetweeners is legendary...that is all!

School of Saatchi

I love this, I like seeing the ideas and processes of the artists, and also how they're judged etc. Like The Apprentice but with art instead of business. :p

I thought Suki and the guy's was the best, and Eugenie and the other guy's zoo the worst. Neither were perfect or completely rubbish, but I think one had a powerful aesthetic that I could imagine finding very absorbing and thought-provoking, while one was just a bit thin on the ground concept-wise, imo (the zoo).

The Inbetweeners is legendary...that is all!

Did we watch the same thing? Because I watched something with a punchable little snotrag (and I say that as a pacifist) who was concerned with fitting in. It was tedious.

Just watched the new Desperate Housewives and it was okay. Although the previously on reminded me of something;

"We just need to get Orson in a room with an ex-con and it'll violent the terms of his parole". That's great but you make it sound difficult...half of Wisteria lane are ex-cons.

I'm still in awe of Dexter. And creeped out...and yet I feel the need to watch it again.

Did we watch the same thing? Because I watched something with a punchable little snotrag (and I say that as a pacifist) who was concerned with fitting in. It was tedious.

How many episodes did you watch?

It's just like my school, lmao. You had the one obsessed with sex and lying about how he shagged half the school, you had the thick one, you had the one hooked on one girl and you had the geek.

It's just so brilliantly awesome. It's almost real-life (yes I went there, lmao)

How many episodes did you watch?

It's just like my school, lmao. You had the one obsessed with sex and lying about how he shagged half the school, you had the thick one, you had the one hooked on one girl and you had the geek.

It's just so brilliantly awesome. It's almost real-life (yes I went there, lmao)

One. But it was so repulsive I had to GTFO of there.

It was both nothing like my real life, and too much like mine if that made sense. I went to sixth form in the UK, it was at best mediorce. I don't need a bunch of prancing heightened stereotypes to remind me. (the mere fact you can say 'you have to x one and the y one and the z one' says it all really :heh:)

And to be fair, I feel Dexter more accurately reflects my life/emotions/outlook than The Inbetweeners did.

It was both nothing like my real life, and too much like mine if that made sense. I went to sixth form in the UK, it was at best mediorce. I don't need a bunch of prancing heightened stereotypes to remind me. (the mere fact you can say 'you have to x one and the y one and the z one' says it all really :heh:)

And to be fair, I feel Dexter more accurately reflects my life/emotions/outlook than The Inbetweeners did.

You should watch the other episodes and try and give it a chance. Also, There's really no other way to describe them, lmao.

Not all British teen TV is automatically shit you know.

Again, Inbetweeners takes a while to get going, first episode is poor, gradually picks up. The first episode of s2 is genuinely one of the funniest things I've seen on TV. Yeah, the characters are overblown, so what, it's still great comedy.

Not all British teen TV is automatically shit you know.

Again, Inbetweeners takes a while to get going, first episode is poor, gradually picks up. The first episode of s2 is genuinely one of the funniest things I've seen on TV. Yeah, the characters are overblown, so what, it's still great comedy.

I didn't say it was all shit, I said I don't like any of it. There's a difference. I do genuinely think its because I went through the British teen years and either its incredibly unrealistic due to its heightened drama (Skins) or mundane in the parallelism in that I had my own British teen years which were meh.

If 2.01 is on catchup I'll give it a try, but I don't recall even liking any of the characters. Particularly the main one. He made my skin crawl ^_^