NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Oh yeah! I clapped at Gargan. Where/when was the Morris Bench bit?

Can't remember exactly, but he was one of the new lackey people. Towards the endish/second half of the season.

I'm sure theres other names mentioned but my Spidey knowledge didn't go further than Scorpion, Jackal, Hydroman and ....well Carnage but thats easy.

Can't remember exactly, but he was one of the new lackey people. Towards the endish/second half of the season.

I'm sure theres other names mentioned but my Spidey knowledge didn't go further than Scorpion, Jackal, Hydroman and ....well Carnage but thats easy.

Probably more names that slipped through yeah. They're very easy to miss.

I don't really like Venom in this. Not sure why. OH I REMEMBER..because he's not a "protector of the innocent" in this. Just a boring monster-dude.

Also Mysterio isn't scary enough.

FM

I am actually upset that no one else seems to watch this. AFAIK its the same writers as Peep Show...or The IT crowd was it? Hmm, cant remember but yeah its really good. Last nights/whatever had the kid from the Vimto advert and it was pretty brilliant, with a strong paedo/sex pervery gag throughout which tickled me the right way.

8.5/10

Potential DVD purchase.

I've been catching up with Terminator: TSCC

What the fuck is this show? It's fucking crazy. I love it.

obviously there's plenty going wrong with the show- dubious plot lines and questionable character development but...damn they do it well. The show is chock full of filler but for once I don't care- the themes, writing and direction of each episode is absolutely amazing sometimes. They're almost like a collection of loosely affiliated short stories from a book. It's clearly going nowhere but I don't care!

I've been catching up with Terminator: TSCC

What the fuck is this show? It's fucking crazy. I love it.

obviously there's plenty going wrong with the show- dubious plot lines and questionable character development but...damn they do it well. The show is chock full of filler but for once I don't care- the themes, writing and direction of each episode is absolutely amazing sometimes. They're almost like a collection of loosely affiliated short stories from a book. It's clearly going nowhere but I don't care!

To be fair the film (the good ones) don't really go anywhere either. They're all about delaying the inevitable - all of this has happened before and all of it will happen again - as is the TV series.

What do people think of the Horne and Corden show thing? There's definitely a lot of fluff still there, and the start was off, and while I won't panic if I miss an episode I'll definitely watch it if I tune past it.

What do people think of the Horne and Corden show thing? There's definitely a lot of fluff still there, and the start was off, and while I won't panic if I miss an episode I'll definitely watch it if I tune past it.

Just came in here to rate this.

It is awful. How these to bumbling idiots got into comedy is beyond me. This is the second episode I've seen and I just can't get over how crap it is. There are two funny sketches, the camp news reporter and the Ricky Gervais sketch, which is only funny because it's just David Brent.

The complete absence of intelligence required to gleam something less than pure disdain from this cretinous attempt at entertainment is unfathomable.

The BBC really are scrapping the barrel.

Yeah, I am a fan of Horne and Corden (Horne since the specatcularly underrated "Romans Empire") but their show isn't very good.

A few nice bits, but generally all unfunny.

I didn't appreciate them saying Supeman was Marvel Comics aswell...even though it was for the purpose of the joke, it still maddened me.

I know what you mean. I don't really get what their target audience is. The show has some interesting cringing ideas but, really, it just pans out as being too innocent. It needs to Jam-it-up.

Smallville's new ep was pretty much a filler one, but at least the filler episodes are trying something new this season rather than just introducing another meteor-freak. Unfortunately there's still been lots and lots of amnesia, which I still hate...

Supernatural's interesting again. Any episode with the GHOSTFACERS! in it is bound to be a good one. "Angel or not I will stab you in the face." Good stuff. Building up well!

Sarah Connor Chronicles is actually growing to be one of the shows I look forward to each week, now. "[iYes. We can change the rules[/i]" is quite possibly one of the scariest things a robot could ever say. Engaging in imaginative play... Shit. Skynet just levelled up. Mind and body has formed! Noo! Next stop is the soul! Turning it off probably did that part too. Scene with the boob (first one) = mega good. Way more implicit. Boat? Awesome.

This is gooood.

Dollhouse - everyone gets stoned. Drugs are bad. Girl-next-door gets more depth. An offer made at the end... Good episode! Very interesting.

^ watched that episode of Sarah Connor Chronicles earlier and I loved it. It's definitely one of my most anticipcated shows when it comes to new episodes. Was good. Found it strange that Sarah took John to Charlie's place as she must have known something would happen to him and endanger him again. The bit with John Henry and Sylvana was quite spooky, with the whole imaginitive play thing. Perhaps John Henry's 'brother' has awaken the Terminator part of him again. It's an interesting part of the storyline that should be shown more because I think we all know it'll end with another hunt down of John by John Henry.

I WANT IT TO COME OUT ON DVD! (SCC series 2)

I missed the first few on TV, and hate starting late, so I want it on DVD now. It's available for Pre-order...but I'm iffy to spend it just yet.

----

Dollhouse Ep 7

Enjoyable. I loved Ms. DeWitt being high.

"*gasps* ..I could eat that word. Or a crisp. Do you have any crisps?"

Good

In the last fortnight I've watched The Office (original), both series and Christmas specials.

It's genius. I love it so much. Just brilliant. 9.5/10

I've not seen the show. I don't like James Corden. Seems to be a bit of a tit. Although my mum said he was quite funny during that Comic Relief sketch with the England football team.

As for Matthew Horne. I quite like him purely for this:

In the last fortnight I've watched The Office (original), both series and Christmas specials.

Yeah I find I have to watch a series again at least once a year - all of them are great.

Smallville's new ep was pretty much a filler one, but at least the filler episodes are trying something new this season rather than just introducing another meteor-freak. Unfortunately there's still been lots and lots of amnesia, which I still hate...

Are u on the UK smallville timeline or the US? Just trying to work out which episode u last watched...

I WANT IT TO COME OUT ON DVD! (SCC series 2)

I missed the first few on TV, and hate starting late, so I want it on DVD now. It's available for Pre-order...but I'm iffy to spend it just yet.

----

Dollhouse Ep 7

Enjoyable. I loved Ms. DeWitt being high.

"*gasps* ..I could eat that word. Or a crisp. Do you have any crisps?"

Good

I'm feeling the Dollhouse, on about Ep 3 and will be watching more tomorrow. It's interesting to see people from other series' doing new things. My main examples are the chap who was Terry Crowley in The Shield [blonde chap who got shot in the first episode], Katya Kinski from Neighbours, and the black dude who was an FBI guy in Diagnosis Murder.

As for the Ms. DeWitt, I was watching her today trying to think where I recognised her voice from. I think she narrated the beginning bit of Unreal Tournament, but ImDb has nothing on the game [cast-wise]

Anyone concur?

I'm feeling the Dollhouse, on about Ep 3 and will be watching more tomorrow. It's interesting to see people from other series' doing new things. My main examples are the chap who was Terry Crowley in The Shield [blonde chap who got shot in the first episode], Katya Kinski from Neighbours, and the black dude who was an FBI guy in Diagnosis Murder.

There's lots of BSG cast in it too.

^ watched that episode of Sarah Connor Chronicles earlier and I loved it. It's definitely one of my most anticipcated shows when it comes to new episodes. Was good. Found it strange that Sarah took John to Charlie's place as she must have known something would happen to him and endanger him again. The bit with John Henry and Sylvana was quite spooky, with the whole imaginitive play thing. Perhaps John Henry's 'brother' has awaken the Terminator part of him again. It's an interesting part of the storyline that should be shown more because I think we all know it'll end with another hunt down of John by John Henry.
The 'brother' stuff is hugely interesting, and while we could theorise plenty about the origins, the likelihood is that we are facing something entirely new to the SCC show, as opposed to something quick-started by John Henry himself, which I'd've loved to have seen. The whole 'death' thing is so stark and brilliant that it really loops the whole Skynet round to being our fault, while at the same time never really pin-pointing a specific moment. The show's current alignment to biblical storylines is massively beneficial to the show as a whole, and I really think that they're playing it rather well. Here's hoping the cliffhanger here doesn't get resolved too soon.

I really liked the 'game' young connor and his mum played in the jungle. Really made you realise that, really, the only reason John is destined to be the leader is pretty much just because he will have had over 20 years of experience with the dilemma faced by humankind.

Are u on the UK smallville timeline or the US? Just trying to work out which episode u last watched...

I'm on the US timeline. From what I hear there's not much difference between the two - is this right?

I'm on the US timeline. From what I hear there's not much difference between the two - is this right?

I'm on US timeline also. Erm the UK have aired Episode 12 on Tuesday (bulletproof) so there be bout 5 episodes difference.

I thought Hex was a good 'filler' (like u said compared 2 some), made me laugh in a few places. Looking forward 2 the last few though, look good! :)

I've not seen the show. I don't like James Corden. Seems to be a bit of a tit. Although my mum said he was quite funny during that Comic Relief sketch with the England football team.

Agreed on The Office, I work my way through them so often...as an aspiring comedy writer. I wish I could write close to that...

and YES loved that Never Mind the Buzzcocks was hilarious...Matthew Horne also incidentally was only decent thing about Teachers Series 4

Agreed/ Don't think I've ever pissed myself so hard as when I saw that live. Amazing.

I would refer people to "Romans Empire" and report back. Its....so good.

Woah I've watched a fair bit recently over the course of a few weeks + this weekend. :)

Arrested Development: The whole things

One of the greatest and funniest things my eyes and ears have ever had the pleasure to witness. Up there with my favourite Comedy, which is of course Classic Simpsons (Seasons 1-8)

Every episode oozes excellence. Damn this show is so good. It makes me smile just thinking about it! :grin:

7 Bears out of 7

Better off Ted Episode 1

My biggest mistake was watching straight after finishing Arrested Development. It was ok. :) There were some parts that were funny but it didn't seem to go anywhere and some of the comic timing was off. Also it felt like it was trying too hard to be "quirky". I'll watch the next episode though to see if it approves as it was quite fun.

3 Bears out of 7.

Dollhouse episodes 3-7

Wow, this offers some quality entertainment!

I could see my self getting bored of the formula by episode 5 (though still enjoying it) but luckily they shook things up come episode 6 and 7 and I think it elevated itself into fantastic. I really like Sierra. :)

Also:

i4mt05.gif

5 and a half Bear out of 7. I hope they can keep this up.

Power Rangers: RPM

The latest series, not as cheesy as Jungle Fury but more fun. :D

4 Bears out of 7

South Park: Margharitaville

I enjoyed it. I liked the references to Jesus and Cartman was funny and fortunately underused. Randy was excellent throughout, as per usual. I wasn't to interested in Stans part of the episode but it did offer up some funny stuff. I prefered the previous to episodes as this missed the mark a bit for me.

I prefer my giant rampaging Mickey Mouse!

4 and a half Bear out of 7.

How I Met Your Mother Old King Clancy

Fun. Though I'm caring less about the characters as this progresses now, they are not moving anywhere. It still offers some good comedy though!

4 Bears out of 7.

Edited by Coolness Bears

...Matthew Horne also incidentally was only decent thing about Teachers Series 4

Agreed! And Penny, of course. *drooools*

Big Love s01

It's like some weird Desperate Housewives meets, in terms of humour, Six Feet Under. Strangely compelling, darkly straddling you between the buttocks of the alien and the familiar. Bizarrely overlooked by the sci-fi world, Big Love presents a show of fantasy and surrealism in the guise of the homely and the normal - such a juxtaposition the likes of gene rodenberry would never achieve. Or something. You are consistantly reminded of the power of love, and the danger it poses to a society where majority rules, at least.

Wanda is my favourite chracter, by far.

I often wish that polygamy really was a made up non-sense, so that the show could spread the craziness to many corners of the human spleen. I look forward to the next season with great gusto -- though it is mostly because I know a third season already exists, so it can't be that bad.

Triple post!

Kings e01 &e02

Ol' Al Swearengen from Deadwood is this king dude, and basically the first episode is a reenactment of David vs. Goliath (fairly explicit one...) set in the modern world. Skyscrapers, tanks, politics and religion. Many interesting characters. Cheers to Haden for pushing me into actually giving the show a go!

Mondays = Kings & Breaking Bad day.

Edited by jayseven
Automerged Doublepost

Third Watch Season 1

Fucking Awesome. Basically it's ER but it follows the emergency services. I was a bit hesitant to get it because only season 1 has been released on DVD and there's nothing worse than getting into a show when you can only watch one season. Regardless of that, it's great. It's got a large ensemble cast and it's one of the few shows where I generally like every character. Buy it now.

Big Love s01

Bizarrely overlooked by the sci-fi world, Big Love presents a show of fantasy and surrealism in the guise of the homely and the normal - such a juxtaposition the likes of gene rodenberry would never achieve. Or something. You are consistantly reminded of the power of love, and the danger it poses to a society where majority rules, at least.

Wanda is my favourite chracter, by far.

I often wish that polygamy really was a made up non-sense, so that the show could spread the craziness to many corners of the human spleen. I look forward to the next season with great gusto -- though it is mostly because I know a third season already exists, so it can't be that bad.

You are aware its not fantasy yes...? Its fictional but there are currently an estimated 400,000 people engaged in polymorous relations in the US. Its unusual, but not fantasy. And what the hell is the human spleen sentence meant to mean?

Seasons two and three are even better. They really cranked it up a gear in terms of pacing.

I dunno if I gave my opinons on Dollhouse or 30 Rock from last weekend but they are, respectively; loved it, nice mix of absurdist humour and plot developments....same with 30 Rock really. Although 30 Rock had muppets, and the bit with Liz actually moving like a muppet. Epic.

Party Down (a.k.a. the unofficial Veronica Mars reunion) - 2nd Ep

Amusing look at American politics ("We can't give communist cigars to the conservative governor!") plus Dohring (Logan) and Tal (Meg), although shame there was no Dohring and Hansen (Dick) interactions. The fanboy in me wanted it. Constance's liberal campaign was amusing. And of course flag burning, always fun.