NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

I like it. If anything, he kind of looks a bit like The Bale would look before his own run at John's character.

and yes. I approved of the bar scene. ;)

Lexx - Season 4 Episodes 1 & 2

The crew arrive at a small blue planet. Earth. Really surprised me the first time I watched it, pretty funny too. Although I had forgotten that they described Earth as a "Type 13 Planet" which was soon to destroy itself either through war or accidentally created a black hole by turning on a partical accelerator. This show finished years ago, hilarious. :D

Smallville Season 8 Episode 1

Quite good really. Its a shame there's no lana/lex anymore but glad that the green arrow and his bandits are more gonna be more prominent characters in the show. I thought Clark would at least wear something different though...that red jacket and blue shirt combo is gettin reeeallly old.

But yeh good episode to start off with. 8/10.

Quite good really. Its a shame there's no lana/lex anymore but glad that the green arrow and his bandits are more gonna be more prominent characters in the show. I thought Clark would at least wear something different though...that red jacket and blue shirt combo is gettin reeeallly old.

Only bit I didnt really like was Russia, seemed weird and out of place. Plus the acting wasnt brilliant from the "Russians"

Only bit I didnt really like was Russia, seemed weird and out of place. Plus the acting wasnt brilliant from the "Russians"

Agreed....but I gotta admit that Clark looked hot in those scenes...I'm not even gay!:smile::heh:

I'll miss lana and her pretty face though....

God no, after seven season of Clark/Lana/Lex half baked storylines, it's nice to be finally getting more superman mythology. Judging by what else is planned for the rest of the season, it could be the best yet.

Bits and pieces from the OC. Miss that show. Shame it went out to such a terrible ending but was to be expected. Would like to get the box sets but they're quite expensive.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor tonguetwister Chronicles

Not bad. Considering I don't care much for the films, some good characters. And the lovely Glau. Can't remember the finale too well, was pretty out of it at the time, but I can't see how someone described it as full of cliffhangers. There was one, and a pretty obviously solved one.

Dexter Season 3 finale.

Amusing the way he always seems to get away with it. Things are looking up for Dexter as he has come to accept his homocidal tendancies and is embracing his friendships and relationships with others. I'm not sure how he managed to track the woman to Paris, but I'm glad he did. She deserved to die.

Dexter Season 3 finale.

Amusing the way he always seems to get away with it. Things are looking up for Dexter as he has come to accept his homocidal tendancies and is embracing his friendships and relationships with others. I'm not sure how he managed to track the woman to Paris, but I'm glad he did. She deserved to die.

A) Spoilers. ;)

B) It was season 2. And yay it was really awesome I think. I was very happy with the finale. Think it left it on a high for me. I had no idea what was gonna happen.

Agreed....but I gotta admit that Clark looked hot in those scenes...I'm not even gay!:smile::heh:

I'll miss lana and her pretty face though....

I dont miss Lana at all, that character has been terrible since the end of the third season.

Desperate Housewives - Latest ep

This season has been pretty good so far (or second half of last season, whatever the hell it is). The Orson / Brie / Mike thing has been a long time coming but it is developing well. The main reason i'll rate this episode though was the final scene between Kathryn and her ex-husband. It was a really powerful scene, very well acted and full of so much tension. It was incredible. I almost teared up a little, which never happens to me.

Just started watching Spaced on Virgin On Demand.

It's pretty awesome - I love the fast editing and surreal humour - though some it's a little OTT.

8/10

I watched How I Met your Mother Season 4 Episode 1 this morning! :D

It was D ...wait for it... LIGHTFUL! :grin:

Oh and Heroes Season 3 Episode 1! which was edge of the sit stuff particularly when the video stopped loading at school!! 15 minutes in. It was really fun as my friend and I were hyped for it all day.

/obesessed. :p (can't spell it...)

Gossip Girl - About My Brother

..OMFG! As Gossip Girl would so wonderfully put it.

My mouth was open so wide for about half of the show. When she dropped Eric in it and said casually "Erics got a boyfriend" I didn't expect it in the slightest, it was utterly brilliant and so goddamn bitchy. Who would want to be "outed" by such a massive bitch?

Then, at the end when she says "You can tell me anything" and Serena goes "...I Killed someone.." [Rock-ish music kicks in] it is was EPIC. I mean, this show is just so ridiculous, I love it to bits.

I'd not seen this, or the next episode because I missed them when they were orginally on. I'd seen up to this point, and then the final episode. So I had no idea - Massive thanks Triforce for reminding me to watch them! Plus, the ratings are finally on the rise for the show in America, so it looks like the massive hype around the show is finally delivering.

Heroes: Yawn.

Terminator: Delicious. Too bad its cancellation is inevitable.

I doubt it. The first season did better than expected, prompting a big budget increase for this series. Am I missing something?

I doubt it. The first season did better than expected, prompting a big budget increase for this series. Am I missing something?

I'm merely scaremongering, although the ratings have fallen compared to the first season's and it is Fox...

Hopefully you're right and I'm wrong though.

Agreed. And I'm always expecting goof Fox shows to be cancelled.

Anyway...Fringe doesn't seem to be well made. There's been pretty much no character or plot development since the end of the pilot episode.

Lipstick Jungle - Pilot

My g/f was watching this so i had no choice but to wait it out. It was actually quite good though. I like the blonde lead, she's really rather hot. I do like Sex And The City so i suppose its not suprising i got into this as well, although it is very different.

Good first episode, gave good insight into each charatcer and their relationships not only with each other but their partners. Lots more to work with and avenues to explore, so yeah, should be good. I will say though that the final scene was overly cheesy and tried a bit too hard to be emotional. I think it was a bit much too soon as we're not that invested in the characters after just one show to care that much. Not yet anyway.

Gossip Girl - Season 2 So Far

"OMEFFINGGOD" as Blaire put it.

This show is utterly captivating, I cannot stop watching it. So many plot twists, so little time. But it's not like the O.C where there was some stupid shock every episode, it actually carries it's storylines through the series which is at least a little more interesting than constant shock tactics and overblown stories.

Seriously, watch this. It's such a guilty pleasure! I get so hyper watching it, it's just so goddamn enjoyable. Am I sad? Yes. Do I care? Hell no! :D

Jericho Season 1. Whataseasonohmygod... I went into it with no idea of what it would be about whatsoever, and roughly 19 minutes into the show I basically went "....oh. Shit!" and for the next 18 hours I observed the precise scenario that i love thinking about.

To offer a premise; basically, a nuke goes off in Denver, Colorado and the townsfolk of homely Jericho, Kansas see it and shit themselves. The subsequent episodes show how they deal with loss of communication, lack of power, fallout, illnesses, rationing food, vigilantes, and so on, and so on. The characters are on the one hand fairly stereotypically american; the wise Old man, the bad-boy hero, the mysterious newcomer with crazy skills, the cheating husband, the hard-nosed mom, the bullied kid, the snooty girl, et cetera.

But! The scenarios they are in are generally well thought out, and there's always an element of uncertainty, if not unpredictability about the whole affair.

In this show you'll find your Lost-shapen appetites both bubble and sooth with each episode serving up more than just morsels of satisfactory drama. Each show gives you more pieces to the jigsaw, and doesn't decide half-way through that the 100-piecer is actually 2,000-strong.

Well, at least, not in season 1 ;) More people should watch this! 22 episodes in season 1 and only 7 in season two...

On the recommendation of Ashley and Dan Dare, next up is... Mad Men? Mug Men? Wossitcalled?