NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Never Mind The Buzzcocks

Nothing really special about it until I saw that none other than Stephen Fry was on it. Legendary! He should just be one of the team captains permanently. And Bill Oddie should come back on. That was brill when he was on. He just wouldn't stop fucking talking. But last night's episode was good.

Ballbags.

Virgin On Demand have taken down Sarah Connor Chronicles when I only had two episodes left to watch.

Anybody know where I can catch them online?

Chuck Season 1

Found it to very hit and miss actually. Some episode's were pretty decent but others were very boring. Enjoyed the scene's set at BuyMore very much as they had a 40 Year Old Virgin feel to them, but the 'serious' scene's felt like they were ripped from The OC or One Tree Hill, which I hated, as I found myself just looking around my room during these moments. Didn't particualry warm to any of the characters either, especially not Ellie or Morgan and there was much less humour and geek refrences included in the series than I had anticipated.

Pushing Daisies Season 2 Episodes 1 & 2

Won't say anything specific (and thus spoilery) but a delightful 90 minutes of fun and colourfulness with the nice underpinning of misery. Plus this amusing line:

"My name is Ned. I wake pies and make the dead. That was creepy. I make pies and wake the dead."

Desperate Housewives finale wasn't bad. I liked the Kathryn story and Gabby as always cracked me up. Not keen on this 5yrs in the future business though - Gabby looks awful for a start! Plus there didn't seem much need to do it in the first place. Still, who knows. It's good to shake up a series so i'm hopeful the next season will be good. I'm so happy it starts this sunday as well.

Pushing Daisies Season 2 Episodes 1 & 2

Won't say anything specific (and thus spoilery) but a delightful 90 minutes of fun and colourfulness with the nice underpinning of misery. Plus this amusing line:

"My name is Ned. I wake pies and make the dead. That was creepy. I make pies and wake the dead."

There's a chance of it being cancelled isn't there? The number of viewers has taken a huge hit with season 2, and it's down to something like 5.5 million.

There's a chance of it being cancelled isn't there? The number of viewers has taken a huge hit with season 2, and it's down to something like 5.5 million.

Theres always a chance of anything being cancelled. Unfortunatly until you hear one way or another from the network theres no point in getting too worked up. ABC, to their credit, seem to have faith in their show. They don't really do this for many shows.

Cannot really seperate them up individually, so....

The Wire Season 1, Episode 1-3

After hearing nothing but "zomg best thing evar" I had to buy and view. Episode 1, I was like "hmmm...this is interesting" then really got into it by episode 2 and then episode 3 you just completely know whats going on, and its just amazing. Just...amazing drama. Very gritty...so...compelling. Can't really say much else.

9/10

Desperate Housewives finale wasn't bad. I liked the Kathryn story and Gabby as always cracked me up. Not keen on this 5yrs in the future business though - Gabby looks awful for a start! Plus there didn't seem much need to do it in the first place. Still, who knows. It's good to shake up a series so i'm hopeful the next season will be good. I'm so happy it starts this sunday as well.

Damm I missed the final ep? I thought Desp Housewives airs later in the week?:confused:

Cannot really seperate them up individually, so....

The Wire Season 1, Episode 1-3

After hearing nothing but "zomg best thing evar" I had to buy and view. Episode 1, I was like "hmmm...this is interesting" then really got into it by episode 2 and then episode 3 you just completely know whats going on, and its just amazing. Just...amazing drama. Very gritty...so...compelling. Can't really say much else.

9/10

good to see you're enjoying it.

mmm...the depth of character, the pace, the drama...god it's good.

Yeah. Totally. Like....not even a superly huge amount has happened, but its just utterly engaging to watch.

Finished Mad Men Season 1, and I enjoyed it muchly. It's not action-packed, and is very much about the way life was so different 50 years ago. There aren't major plot twists, just subtle secrecies and deceptions. There are some strong lead characters and plenty of interesting secondary ones, which become moreso as the season progresses. There's only 10 episodes in season 2, I'm guessing it was cancelled? I can see why, but it's still a nice watch.

I suppose I'll get hooked on The Wire after i'm through with this :)

Sanctuary - Episode One

Id heard a lot about this show, being a Stargate fan and it starring Amanda Tapping. I never watched it as a web series but this first episode seems pretty good. Only real complaints would be the English accents (but I think they are something I can live with) and the overuse of CGI and green screens, its a bit too noticable.

7.5/10

Samantha Who - Episodes 1-7

I'm in love with this, it's just so gentle and easy to watch ^_^

I'm also finding myself liking Christina Applegate!

Also love the Character Dina :D

8/10

Dexter S02Ep11

Worst episode so far and it was still pretty damn good. I felt it lacked the tempo and excitement all the other episodes have provided. I also noticed a repeated narration which was a bit weird.

Such a good series, I have everyone down my corridor borrowing the first series from me so far :) Addictive.

The Sarah Connor Chronichles Season 1

Amazing! A great spin off for once, and many nice homages to the film series. Some great moments and genuine characters to care for. Shame it was only 9episode's long and ended like it did. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the episode where we see Derek Reese's "flashbacks".

9.5/10

Chuck - Chuck Vs The Cougars

Probably my favourite Chuck episode so far, very funny moments, good fights and some more back info on Sarah.

9.5/10

Samantha Who - Episodes 1-7

I'm in love with this, it's just so gentle and easy to watch ^_^

I'm also finding myself liking Christina Applegate!

Also love the Character Dina :D

8/10

That looks so annoying on the adverts, i cant bring myself to watch it. Plus i cant help seeing her as Rachel's sister Jill in Friends. That was a ditsy character as well.

I was watching some promo stuff for Terminator season 2 that VIrgin were showing, i havn't seen the first season but i might pick it up after getting some more insight. Looks good, and the lead terminator woman (Carmen is it?) is stunning beyond belief.

Lipstick Jungle was pretty good last night. It's gradually getting better so its a good sign. Desperate Housewives new season started off a bit shakey for me though on sunday. I thought it was interesting but there was just so much to get used to it was difficult to become submerged in it like before. I liked the twist that Mike left Susan as i was hating the thought of her cheating on him. I'm sure its only a matter of time before more things like this crop up and it gets good again.

How I Met Your Mother

Great episode. Very, very funny but also a really good plot number. Surprising end, too.

How I Met Your Mother

Great episode. Very, very funny but also a really good plot number. Surprising end, too.

QFT!

Season 4 just gets better. :D

And I can't watch for ages >_<

In the meantime I finally got round to watching Entourage. They're all vile people, but in an interesting way. And I could see myself as an agent (that level of always working, stress etc just seems to suit me :p). So far seen all of season one and part of season two. Not brilliant, but something to unwind to.

family guy road to germany

very funny in places, though very offencive. great flash gordon reference.

shame that the whole thing got very out of sync very fast.

Oh yeah I watched Family Guy Road to Germany yesterday! I found it funny but it was a bit rushed also it felt too familiar as they have been to Europe before (along with Germany) So solid animation though. :) I liked the back to the Future reference.

But to think "When You Wish upon a Wienstein" was considered offensive when Family Guy first came out and now they have Mort dressed up in a Nazi outfit!:p

I also watched

The Simpsons: Double Double Boy in Trouble

Starts out good with a great Moleman scene, and then falls into an easy plot device that has been done too many times (not by The Simpsons but in general) It was still entertaining though and different enough but by the third act it had gone off course and the resulting scenes with Homer rolling down a mountain as a giant snowball were funny they could have had a much stronger plot as I liked where it was going in the beginning. :)

Also South Park: Breast Cancer Show

Solid episode and it as great to see them focus on the kids normal lives for once. Cartman was excellent. Classic South Park. :D