NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Agreed with Jav, Prison Break is amazing and you're all fools.

I don't like Family Guy- it feels so insubstantial compared to South Park. All they do is pop culture references. They're like Dreamworks cgi movies. I'd also challenge anyone to be able to take it seriously after the South Park Cartoon Wars episodes basically demolished the entire basis for the show.

Yeah I saw that episode, and Family Guy is still ten times funnier (IMHO) I understood completely what Family Guy is about, and I knew that before the South Park episode...anyone who was like "OMG amazing, they know what Family Guy is about" big whoop. Its not exactly hard to get. South Park is just not that good. Its crude for the sake of being crude. Actually...to be fair South Park is very good, and I respect that, but for me I dont find it that funny, and find it a chore to watch. Family Guy is just my kind of humour, and if they have to deliver that humour to me in a completely unrelated flash back, then so be it. Sketch shows rock anyway. ;)

People always make a point about South Park being crude, but that's missing the point. It's political satire at it's finest and the crude jokes are just a reflection of American media and social attitudes. I think they also just plain enjoy giving censorship the finger, which is all gravy.

People always make a point about South Park being crude, but that's missing the point. It's political satire at it's finest and the crude jokes are just a reflection of American media and social attitudes. I think they also just plain enjoy giving censorship the finger, which is all gravy.

Maybe I'm missing something but last time I saw it was when cartman pooed out of his mouth..

reflection of attitudes my arse. :heh:

haha that one is awesome.

seriously though, it's like Fox News: they are in a position of authority to deliver the news, comment and live up to the responsibility of the fourth estate but what do they do? they spew complete bollocks and tabloid trash stories. South Park does the same, only with toilet humour.

Batman: The Animated Series

Episodes 15-16 "The Cat And The Claw" Pt.1+2

2 of my very favourite epsiodes from the whole show, and I have fond memories of watching and rewatching this 2-parter on the video I had when I was about 3 years old.

9/10

I prefer South Park to Family Guy. Family Guy is OK on occasion but relies to much on random jokes. Anyone can think of random things to do with a set of characters.

American Dad however is hilarious. It can get away with more than Family Guy as it's watched less. It doesn't rely on random flash backs every 4 minutes.

There are some brilliant South Park episodes, but then again, some of them are absolute dog shite.

Finally finished season 3 of Prison Break!

Loved the escape! I thought Scoffield was a sneaky bugger the way he let T-Bag and co. think they were getting the better hand by going first then getting them caught, mwahaha! But poor Sucre! He can't be in Sona. That made me sad. Lovin' T-bag as usual, making his way to the top!

As for Grecen, i dont know why Scoffield didn't kill her the chance he got. He was just standing there looking at her back. I suppose he wanted her to look at him first. But what's with Mahone! That slimy devil, weasling his way back into The Company! We always knew Whistler was dodgy though, but i cant wait to find out whats so important about him - something to do with this Jason Leif guy no doubt.

Whatever happened to Kellerman too? I know season 4 is rumoured to bring back an old character, and people say its Sarah, but it could be Kellerman i reckon, if not just him then both of them. I want to see him back, he was great. As for Sarah, if she isnt dead then im not sure how it would work; thats the whole reason for Scoffields motivation to want to kill Grechen. Another hostage situation might be pushing it.

There are some brilliant South Park episodes, but then again, some of them are absolute dog shite.

agreed. serise 10 had some great episodes, but so far, serise 11 has had very few that had me on the floor laughing till my heart stopped

You just have to watch the South Park episode "Make love, not Warcraft"

Completely hilarious: "Mom, Moooom, bathroom, BATHROOM!!"

Batman: The Animated Series

Episodes 15-16 "The Cat And The Claw" Pt.1+2

2 of my very favourite epsiodes from the whole show, and I have fond memories of watching and rewatching this 2-parter on the video I had when I was about 3 years old.

9/10

oh god batman the animated series was so great, recently got the first two volumes on dvd, thats bout 48 episodes. Enjoy watchin the two face episodes part one and two myself, so well done

Long way round

Ewan and charley are great in this, my dad gave me this a while ago and they did it in 2004. Funny and interesting ^_^, only two discs though!

9/10

Long way down

For some reason I prefer this one, maybe because it's africa, rather than russia, bit longer than the first trip, just as funny and interesting as the first and I hope to god they take another trip somewhere!

10/10!

Long way round

Ewan and charley are great in this, my dad gave me this a while ago and they did it in 2004. Funny and interesting ^_^, only two discs though!

9/10

Long way down

For some reason I prefer this one, maybe because it's africa, rather than russia, bit longer than the first trip, just as funny and interesting as the first and I hope to god they take another trip somewhere!

10/10!

I'd agree with that, i've got them on DVD and they can easily waste a day away.

Star Trek DS9 - Trials and Tribulations - 10/10

Probably one of the best episodes ever of any Star Trek.

I'd agree with that, i've got them on DVD and they can easily waste a day away.

Been doing that today :yay:

Prison Break Season 1: Interesting, but the characters are all so cliche ridden and obvious, it was a little annoying (especially the CIA agents). Still entertaining as fuck though. 8/10

Star Trek DS9 - Trials and Tribulations - 10/10

Probably one of the best episodes ever of any Star Trek.

I wouldn't say it was the best episode of any of star trek, don't get me wrong it was good but it was just there to celebrate 35 years of star trek, episodes like scorpian and best of both worlds are some of the best

Prison Break Season 1: Interesting, but the characters are all so cliche ridden and obvious, it was a little annoying (especially the CIA agents). Still entertaining as fuck though. 8/10

I wouldn't say the main characters a too cliched!

Watch the others though, its awesome.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Epi 1-2

Tentative at first, but I rewatched Termie 2 in preparation. I think they should really have given Lena Heady (<3) hair more similar to Sarah Connor, would help with the subconcious transition between the movie and the show.

However, after the second episode, I'm loving it. :)

8/10

I really liked that show. It's not as bombastic as the (good) films but then, being James Cameron efforts, that's hardly surprising.

Summer Glau FTW. You can really see her dancing training pay off in the role- her body language and physical control is fantastic. Not bad in tight Jeans either :heh:

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Epi 1-2

Tentative at first, but I rewatched Termie 2 in preparation. I think they should really have given Lena Heady (<3) hair more similar to Sarah Connor, would help with the subconcious transition between the movie and the show.

However, after the second episode, I'm loving it. :)

8/10

It did seem at a really big excuse of a plot simply made up just so they could make a tv show out of the terminator franchise and not just to tell another story in the series but its turned out differently. Haven't really watched it much myself but from what i've seen its pretty good and summer glau is great in it

Do you have to watch and even like the movies to enjoy the series? I have only watched the third one and it was mediocre.

Do you have to watch and even like the movies to enjoy the series? I have only watched the third one and it was mediocre.

woah

Hold The Phone

You've never seen a James Cameron Terminator film?

dude. They're two of the best sci fi films ever made. Get them seen!

I'd pretty much forgotten most of the films when I watched the TV show. It explains pretty much the whole thing pretty early on anyway.

Also, if you thought the third was mediocre then the first two will probably make your head go boom. They're THAT much better.