NEurope
Dante

Lost : Series 4

Anyone seen the vile vortices theory? Most of it makes a lot of sense to me. Dunno if that's the one you're talking about Dan?

umm, yeah i think so. been a while since i read it but the name rings a bell.

Kimmel: Is everyone on the island from the planet Earth?

Cuse: [Long pause] Yes. That may be one of the best Lost questions we've ever been asked.

Lindelof: When you get asked questions like that, you have to be very careful how you answer.

This is from a recent interview... Interesting.

This is from a recent interview... Interesting.

Sure they weren't joking? Sounds like their sort of humor.

Meanwhile, pretty meh episode this week, to be expected.

Rose's comment about Jack - 'noone ever gets ill here, they just heal' was interesting though, and summat i hadn't thought of... better not turn into some massive god vs the devil crap thing though (Bernard mentioned higher forces or summat...

Best bit of the ep though,

cs4.jpg

o.O!!

And next week's looks brilliant, judging by the promo :)

Your picture doesn't work.

And last night's episode sucked. I was so excited for nothing.

Ahh fail. Let me try again

cs4.jpg

Something I read about that scene which I didn't even connect until I read it.

when Christian showed up, the SMOKE detector was going off when jack was in the consulting room

Dull, dull episode but your comment is interesting arnold, it didn't really occur to me but it makes a lot of sense.

Once again there was a bloody long build up to the 'great reveal' that the Jack-back was actually a Jack-forward, which WE ALL KNEW from the start anyway. Kate steps out of shower, violins screech. "OH MY GOD I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS TO BE THE FUTURE! AND KATE IS THERE WOW! HOLY CRAP BEST PROGRAMME EVER."

I really dislike the way the show runners pace the programme, they give the audience a pretty decent episode last week, it was pretty packed with information anyhow, in turn getting the audience ramped up and excited, and then they slow the pace down hugely and waste 35 minutes of screentime. The Christian Shepard stuff was all that was interesting in this episode, and they ended it in the most cliched, Lost-producer fuck up way. "CLAIRE! CLAIRE! CLAIRE! CLAIRE!!!" It's bad writing, it's pointless and we've experience the exact same ending - with a name change for posterity - at least a dozen times since Lost's inception.

And after listening to last weeks podcast, my faith that they had an sort of concrete plans or at least moral codes for the show has gone out of the window, though it was pretty thin anyway. Damon and Carlton recieved a question about whether there are going to be any conventional flashbacks anymore, to which they replied something like "Wait until you see the finale of season four, then you'll be thinking 'well what can they do with flashbacks next season??' It will blow your mindz lolz."

Pretty much suggesting that they're going for a "major WTF headfuck" that they got with the incredibly dull flash forward last season (once again with a big "WTF THE FUTURE" reveal). My guess is they'll all contract the sickness and end up actually going to the past themselves and putting bets on with their trusty Sports Almanac.

pretty much filler this week. Always nice to see Christian turn up but other than that, the micro plot structure was shit (as per). They need to get Sawyer the fuck back to the beach to move the boat plot on some more. And get John to the cabin at the same time.

pretty much filler this week. Always nice to see Christian turn up but other than that, the micro plot structure was shit (as per). They need to get Sawyer the fuck back to the beach to move the boat plot on some more. And get John to the cabin at the same time.

The next episode is about the freighter and Locke.

Press Release

LOCKE DISCOVERS THE WHEREABOUTS OF JACOB’S CABIN, AND LIFE ABOARD THE FREIGHTER BECOMES DANGEROUS, ON ABC’S “LOST”

“Cabin Fever” – Locke is enlightened as to the whereabouts of Jacob’s cabin, and life aboard the freighter becomes perilous, on “Lost,” THURSDAY, MAY 8 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Lost” stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Terry O’Quinn as Locke and Harold Perrineau as Michael.

Guest starring are Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Lance Reddick as Matthew Abaddon, Marc Vann as doctor, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Anthony Azizi as Omar, Grant Bowler as Captain Gault, John Terry as Christian Shephard, Holland Roden as Emily, Rebecca Tilney as Emily’s mother, Amanda Carlin as ER nurse, Patrick Torres as ER doctor, Doug Hutchison as Horace Goodspeed, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Matthew Pedersen as physical therapist, Mandy June Turpin as Florence, Sarah Duval as Melissa, Charles Henry Wyson as John Locke (age 5), Phil Abrams as Gellert and Caleb Steinmeyer as John Locke (age 16).

killthenet, I don't think the big reveal at the start this ep was meant to be that it was a flashback, not flashforward. The 'omg' moment was meant to be that Jack and Kate were together in a very intimate way when previously in the flashbacks featuring the both of them (kate's this season and jack's last season) it looked like they barely went near each other.

This ep did seem like filler I agree, I could have done with the mythology moving forward too but rather than filler I think it was a definite set up for a future episode. Miles strong interest in Claire or Aaron was strange, especially considering he seems to be able to hear/speak to/be aware of ghosts. Don't forget this head injury Claire keeps mentioning this episode. Maybe she's been slowly bleeding to death from the inside?

Couple of other tidbits I noticed. Look at Jack's face when Hurley says that Charlie told him to tell Jack "You're not meant to raise him" obviously meaning Aaron. Jack's face says that he HAS heard that before. Someone has told him that already. It's also the same thing the psychic said to her in her flashback in season 1(?) Jack also screamed at Kate this ep "your son?! you're not even related to him!" Definitely implying that he knew that he was Aaron's uncle. Now Darlton like to link the flashes to what's happening in the ep so here's my theory...

The island (or as I think, some other force that is course correcting time) has appeared to Claire as Christian because it knows she's not meant to raise Aaron for whatever reason. I still thing she might be dying or something explaining Miles' interest in her and the island is leading her away from the other survivors to prevent someone saving her like they saved Jack. Jack is also not meant to raise Aaron which is why his appendix started to rupture this episode. Claire and Jack, the two people who we know have been told are not meant to raise Aaron both had some medical problem this episode, Claire's less mentioned but definitely there and a coincidence that cannot be overlooked.

Unfortunately for the island or whatever, the appendix was successfully removed. I reckon Christian will appear to Jack soon too, lead him away like he did Claire, tell him he's not meant to raise Aaron, reveal that Claire is his half sister and then lead him to her dead body.

So yeah, not the best episode on its own but you mark my words, it's definitely setting up some important things for the future.

Wow, I'm surprised with the hate against this episode. I thought it was great, far better than the last one.

killthenet, I don't think the big reveal at the start this ep was meant to be that it was a flashback, not flashforward. The 'omg' moment was meant to be that Jack and Kate were together in a very intimate way when previously in the flashbacks featuring the both of them (kate's this season and jack's last season) it looked like they barely went near each other.

This ep did seem like filler I agree, I could have done with the mythology moving forward too but rather than filler I think it was a definite set up for a future episode. Miles strong interest in Claire or Aaron was strange, especially considering he seems to be able to hear/speak to/be aware of ghosts. Don't forget this head injury Claire keeps mentioning this episode. Maybe she's been slowly bleeding to death from the inside?

Couple of other tidbits I noticed. Look at Jack's face when Hurley says that Charlie told him to tell Jack "You're not meant to raise him" obviously meaning Aaron. Jack's face says that he HAS heard that before. Someone has told him that already. It's also the same thing the psychic said to her in her flashback in season 1(?) Jack also screamed at Kate this ep "your son?! you're not even related to him!" Definitely implying that he knew that he was Aaron's uncle. Now Darlton like to link the flashes to what's happening in the ep so here's my theory...

The island (or as I think, some other force that is course correcting time) has appeared to Claire as Christian because it knows she's not meant to raise Aaron for whatever reason. I still thing she might be dying or something explaining Miles' interest in her and the island is leading her away from the other survivors to prevent someone saving her like they saved Jack. Jack is also not meant to raise Aaron which is why his appendix started to rupture this episode. Claire and Jack, the two people who we know have been told are not meant to raise Aaron both had some medical problem this episode, Claire's less mentioned but definitely there and a coincidence that cannot be overlooked.

Unfortunately for the island or whatever, the appendix was successfully removed. I reckon Christian will appear to Jack soon too, lead him away like he did Claire, tell him he's not meant to raise Aaron, reveal that Claire is his half sister and then lead him to her dead body.

So yeah, not the best episode on its own but you mark my words, it's definitely setting up some important things for the future.

The psychic told her must raise the child herself and no one else should meant to raise him.

Good ep... I thought there was another part to go, but then it ended. I wanted Widmore to kill Ben there when they were having that conversation.

Isn't the psychic a fraud? He said that about himself in Eko's flashback.

I didn't like the flashback this time. It felt like they were putting in familiar characters just for the heck of it. Ana Lucia and Christian felt natural, but Eko's brother with Locke, that was just stupid. The island stuff was much better than last episode though. Even though I knew something like this were happening on the boat, it was still cool to see the scenes about the supposed dead doctor. And the ending. Is there anything the island can't do?!

That wasn't Eko's brother... It was Abbadon.

Sigh beaten to it :(

Ana Lucia's second flasback, one of the last episodes in season 2. Christian met Ana on the airport where she was working and convinced her to go with him to Australia.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Two_for_the_Road

Read about this Abbadon and that makes things a lot more sense.

Ohhh I get you now. Thought you meant ana lucia and christian were in THIS episode.

bit of a dud great ending with the cabin and the doctor thing as well is the island ahead in time?

Both Ben and Locke have been "chosen" by Jacob, both of whom have mothers named Emily that they never really knew and both were born prematurely.

smokey_drawing-1.jpg