Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

That Old Guy

Slaggis

The pope has said some pretty contraversial words in his lastest speech. He states that:

‘Everything that serves to weaken the family based on the marriage of a man and woman, everything that directly or indirectly stands in the way of its openness to the responsible acceptance of new life… constitutes an objective obstacle on the road to peace.’

He Belives that Gay Marriage is the biggest obsticle to world peace. Not war etc, but gay marriage.

Any thoughts?

Just for funsies, he's a random picture of the Pope:

pope_santa-hat.jpg

EDIT: Lies! The global warming thing is rubbish. The daily mail took him completely out of context. Damn them and their lies. The gay marriage thing still stands though.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand they guy. He's the one that influences millions of Africans (and other people obviously) to not wear condoms and in doing so, in Africa especially, spread aids.

Also, the gay marriage thing is ridiculous, I mean how is that the BIGGEST problem to world peace? Infact, how is it a problem to world peace at all?

Also, the gay marriage thing is ridiculous, I mean how is that the BIGGEST problem to world peace? Infact, how is it a problem to world peace at all?

Because gay men getting married will cause a rip in the space-time contium casuing all sorts of chaos from the other place to come pouring in. It's a ticking time bomb.

Being the pope and all who would have thought he would say such things ... :P

His serving his beliefs and thats his job. I think its way worse when non religious people say such things about global warming.

But the Bible doesn't say "Global warming is wrong! Believe in it and go to hell!" etc so the fact he's the pope shouldn't make a difference.

The Daily Mail took some serious liberties in quoting him on global warming. Here's what he actually said

http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2007/12/simon_caldwell_is_a_liar.php

We need to care for the environment: it has been entrusted to men and women to be protected and cultivated with responsible freedom, with the good of all as a constant guiding criterion. ... it means not selfishly considering nature to be at the complete disposal of our own interests, for future generations also have the right to reap its benefits and to exhibit towards nature the same responsible freedom that we claim for ourselves

The problems looming on the horizon are complex and time is short. In order to face this situation effectively, there is a need to act in harmony. One area where there is a particular need to intensify dialogue between nations is that of the stewardship of the earth's energy resources. The technologically advanced countries are facing two pressing needs in this regard: on the one hand, to reassess the high levels of consumption due to the present model of development, and on the other hand to invest sufficient resources in the search for alternative sources of energy and for greater energy efficiency.

and above all with the aim of reaching agreement on a model of sustainable development capable of ensuring the well-being of all while respecting environmental balances. If the protection of the environment involves costs, they should be justly distributed, taking due account of the different levels of development of various countries and the need for solidarity with future generations. Prudence does not mean failing to accept responsibilities and postponing decisions; it means being committed to making joint decisions after pondering responsibly the road to be taken

The Daily Mail took some serious liberties in quoting him on global warming. Here's what he actually said

http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2007/12/simon_caldwell_is_a_liar.php

The bastards! Thanks for finding that BlueStar. What the hell will the Daily Maily com up with next?

I got this from a mate who read it online. Not from that website though.

--

Mind, he still mentioned the whole gay marriage thing being the biggest problem, so I'm not defending him.

Because gay men getting married will cause a rip in the space-time contium casuing all sorts of chaos from the other place to come pouring in. It's a ticking time bomb.

Thats not the only thing that will get ripped if ya know what I mean.

He Belives that Gay Marriage is the biggest obsticle to world peace. Not war etc, but gay marriage.

The quote from you doesn't show that the pope said it was the biggest obstacle to world peace, just one obstacle on the road to peace.

Roman Catholics follow the pope, not Christians.

Catholicism teaches those in Africa to abstain from affairs and pre-marital sex; that would prove effective in preventing tyhe spread of aids. (Maybe not as effective as condoms.) It's weird/dumb as hell that they chose to follow the "no condom" thing but are happy to break the "no sex except in marriage" part. Makes me think it's more cultural than a religious adherence.

Saying religion is evil is just a throw-away exaggerated comment. The majority of religions encourage their followers to only do good and love others.

I'm not Catholic and don't believe that the pope is a part of God's church.

The quote from you doesn't show that the pope said it was the biggest obstacle to world peace, just one obstacle on the road to peace.

Roman Catholics follow the pope, not Christians.

Catholicism teaches those in Africa to abstain from affairs and pre-marital sex; that would prove effective in preventing tyhe spread of aids. (Maybe not as effective as condoms.) It's weird/dumb as hell that they chose to follow the "no condom" thing but are happy to break the "no sex except in marriage" part. Makes me think it's more cultural than a religious adherence.

Saying religion is evil is just a throw-away exaggerated comment. The majority of religions encourage their followers to only do good and love others.

I'm not Catholic and don't believe that the pope is a part of God's church.

I didn't say it was christians, I just mentioned the Pope. Also, I don't hate all religions, I just dislike some people in them. :) But don't you think it, because he has so many followers etc, that he has the responsability of saying things like "use a condom" etc?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!