NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Prototype

_1186905796.jpg

_1186906637.jpg

1190991622.jpg

TRAILER: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28755.html

OFFICIAL SITE: http://www.prototypegame.com/uk/index.html

Sierra Entertainment and Radical Entertainment Raise the Bar on Open-World Games

READING, UK (10th August, 2007)– Sierra Entertainment, a division of Vivendi Games, today announced PROTOTYPE™, a completely new kind of open-world game, featuring a rich story line of conspiracy, deception and deadly shape shifting action.

Developed by Radical Entertainment, a critically acclaimed developer of open-world games, PROTOTYPE tells the story of Alex Mercer - a man haunted by his past, fighting a secret war in New York City. As the action spirals out of control, a conspiracy tied to his origins threatens the future of mankind itself. Mercer’s amazing shapeshifting powers allow him to become an exact replica and steal the skills or powers of anyone who crosses his path.

PROTOTYPE debuts on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Microsoft's Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system and PC in summer 2008.

“Radical Entertainment has a strong pedigree of critically acclaimed, best-selling open-world games, and Sierra Entertainment is excited to see them craft an original game that has already fired-up the imaginations of press and gamers alike,†said Martin Tremblay, president, Worldwide Studios for Sierra Entertainment.“PROTOTYPE represents the strength of Sierra Entertainment’s internal studios and our commitment to creating original and exciting games.â€

“Radical Entertainment set out to create the most dynamic video game character ever imagined. From free-form movement to over-the-top combat action; PROTOTYPE can climb or wall-run across any surface, jump 30 stories high, and destroy anything that crosses his path,†said Kelly Zmak, president of Radical Entertainment.“Our team at Radical has built upon the technology that drove our previous best-selling games and now has the freedom to dream big and imagine a powerful character in a sprawling city like New York, cloaked in a conspiracy and ripped from today’s headlines.â€

Well, this one looks interesting, definitely one to look out for. Free-roaming environments, and causing chaos sounds fun to me! The first trailer's just been released, and it looks fantastic imo. Hopefully this will be out summer 2008.

I'm guessing Radical Entertainment has nothing to do with Free Radical :p

Anyway, i guess this looks kinda interesting... It looks like it'll probably disappoint though.

I remember reading about this at the time Crackdown was out. It sounds pretty good. I really like free roaming games, to an extent and anything along the lines of Crackdown will be very nice.

I'm guessing Radical Entertainment has nothing to do with Free Radical :p

Nope. Their open-world games are Scarface and Simpsons Hit and Run.

I remember reading about this at the time Crackdown was out. It sounds pretty good. I really like free roaming games, to an extent and anything along the lines of Crackdown will be very nice.

Same! If the basic gameplay is as solid and as fun as Crackdown, I'm sold!

Looks interesting, and i do like the free-roaming type of game as well so i might look into this.

Looks like GTA wanting to be more Assassins Creed to me. Nothing about the description or screens makes me want to play it. First screens looks good but the others should be seen as embarassing for the PS3. All around, laking any atmosphere or style.

The stuff from Wiki makes it sound promising.

key aspect of Prototype is the 'disguise or destroy' concept, which is tied to Alex's enemy-consuming and shapeshifting powers. Alex can consume the bodies of those he has killed, which gives him access to their memories, their experiences, and their physical forms. Alex can also shapeshift into more fantastic forms for attack, defense, or sensory enhancement. All of these together are intended to give players multiple ways to complete their objectives. Movement is simplified to allow more controls dedicated to shapeshifting, with Alex automatically navigating obstacles in a manner inspired by Parkour.

Gameplay

Gameplay in Prototype is centered around Alex's superhuman abilities. Alex has superhuman speed, strength, and durability, as well as the abilities of consuming his fallen enemies, shapeshifting his body, and easily moving in the New York City environment. Radical claims that there will be 750 "unique combinations" of powers.

Co-Op Play

The game Prototype will also feature Co-op multiplayer on Xbox Live and Playstation Network. Both of the players will run around New York city as Alex Mercer, and 'disguise or destroy' together with a friend. Both of you don't actually have to look alike, depending on how far each of you have gotten and who you have consumed, Thus giving you the ability to change your appearance in various ways.

Superhuman Physique

Several aspects of Alex's physique are superhuman. He is strong enough to lift cars or rip light posts off of their moorings and use them as close-combat or thrown weapons. Alex is faster than a normal car and can run right up the side of buildings. He can jump amazing distances, and can fall from great heights without taking damage.

Consuming

When Alex consumes someone, he gains their memories, their body mass, and the ability to mimic their appearance. Consuming memories will help him unlock nodes of the Web of Intrigue and advance the story. He also consumes useful skills, eventually giving him the proficiency to pilot military vehicles and use various kinds of weaponry. Consuming dead foes and innocent bystanders augments Alex's biomass, enhancing his strength and his ability to morph his body into offensive or defensive forms. Each person he consumes becomes another form he can use as a disguise.

Shapeshifting

Alex's ability to shapeshift manifests in four different ways: Disguise, Attack, Defend, and Sensory.

Disguise - To alter his appearance, all Alex has to do is "consume" a human victim, then he can assume their identity. At its simplest, changing his appearance makes Alex harder to track. More subtly, Alex can take advantage of the relationships NPC's have with the person he is disguised as. For example, when mimicking a military commander Alex will be able to infiltrate military positions without challenge, falsely accuse another person of being the Prototype, or call in air strikes.

Attack - Alex's body can assume nonhuman forms as well. Offensively, he can form clawed hands, bladelike arms, or hammerlike fists that are useful in close-quarters combat. He can also use a ranged attack which causes sharp spikes to burst from the ground and impale people and vehicles.

Defend - Alex can alter his body's defenses to resist damage or ward off attackers. Defenses include sharp spines protruding from his back, bulletproof plates, and a tough shield mounted on a forearm. He can even make his skin into an armor-like skin.

Sensory - Alex can adjust his senses to perceive things in the environment that normal humans would be unaware of. These senses include infrared, nightvision, and the ability to track individual enemies in a crowd.

Movement

Movement in Prototype is inspired by Parkour and contributes to the feel of controlling Alex. Alex will automatically maneuver around or through obstacles, allowing the player to move him more easily with the simplified movement controls. In turn, the simplified movement controls allow more dedicated controls for combat and usage of Alex's powers

Co-op play? Wootage!

Awesome trailer! I'd completely forgotten about this game, good to see it coming along nicely. And at 45 seconds in that trailer, did he throw somone at a helicopter?!! Awesome!! :grin:

I want this... so bad!

Still kinda pissed off that the co-op got axed.

Really want to get hyped for this but am making sure I don't. It looks great, the story presentation sounds amazing and original, and unlike GTA IV, it looks like a free roaming game where if you want you can just kill everything and have fun.

Keeping a close eye on it.

Excited at first but i'm looking at it again and it looks very generic. Waiting for some more hands on.

I'm not really sure how this has appealed to people this much, I don't really think it looks good. For me InFamous looks better visually and the bodies don't diappear after you've killed someone.

If you look at the video it's only just pushing past Wii standard graphics.

I'm not really sure how this has appealed to people this much, I don't really think it looks good. For me InFamous looks better visually and the bodies don't diappear after you've killed someone.

If you look at the video it's only just pushing past Wii standard graphics.

Screw you and you're graphics. And guess what, this isn't a PS3 exclusive, which means more people get to play it.

You've caught me twice mentioning graphics and therfore you assume me to only decide a game's quality based on the visuals.

This just doesn't look as compelling, and yes more people can play it but that won't make it a better game.

What is the problem? It may turn out better I am just speaking my thoughts.