NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Prototype

Well just in case someone brought that up, I thought to myself, well, why would you make a gore-filled romp and sandbox game? More linear levels would've been more suitable, ala Madworld, instead of block by block running so that you can get to a destination. They could've still had a few buildings to drop from but it doesn't make sense otherwise.

And if it's just a mindless romp then I could see why it would be fun for that, but the ambition in design makes it seem like it was intentionally made for more.

And Shino the things it isn't are things you would've actually liked.

Why would someone constrain their creative view for the game for some thing else perceived as more "suitable"? I really don't agree with the type of gameplay behind Heavy Rain but if the designer thinks he's on to something, go ahead and do it.

I've seen the game today and its exactly what I expected, mindless destruction and fun coupled with the player's creativity. I really like that I can approach it anyway I want to and like Assassins Creed do the missions with my own way, but mostly I love that I can just fuck around with what it gives me.

Oh and I don't need the game to be as graphically good as inFAMOUS or as stylish as Crackdown (even though I disagree with the last one, it certainly has its own style).

Well I did say fair enough if you like that type of experience but for me I need something more sustainable. If it's sustainable for you then great.

I really don't agree with the type of gameplay behind Heavy Rain but if the designer thinks he's on to something, go ahead and do it.

That's funny because it wasn't what you said in the Heavy Rain thread, and it's why you got raped for it.

There are also better games for mindless destruction too, not even sandbox style. Heck if I want to piss you off again there isn't actually 'destruction' in this game, more violence, but whatever.

Well I did say fair enough if you like that type of experience but for me I need something more sustainable. If it's sustainable for you then great.

That's funny because it wasn't what you said in the Heavy Rain thread, and it's why you got raped for it.

There are also better games for mindless destruction too, not even sandbox style. Heck if I want to piss you off again there isn't actually 'destruction' in this game, more violence, but whatever.

You're in the mood...

I said in that thread what I said here, and the reason I didn't continue is because I haven't played Fahrenheit yet, which a lot of people indicate as an example to understand it.

Maybe destruction was a poorly chosen word.

Wow nice turn around 'arrogance of...' that's something Boris Johnson would say when he doesn't have a democratic solution. Yeah I'm a random guy on the net, that's a shit point. I've not made unfair judgements, they are what I can SEE and what has been SAID.

It was arrogance because you just said you'd ignore me, nothing else in that comment (constructive), it's the equivalent of a polite 'fuck you'. Why don't we just both add each other to ignore lists seeing as you're such a stirrir?

lol. Especially at the Boris Johnson quip.

Im enjoying Prototype so far anyway. I really like the memory part to the game, slowly learning about whats going on through the different people you absorb.

Yeah I think the city and graphics are a bit bland but not enough that its ruining the game for me. Im sure Infamous is a lot better but really its not like that matters, im sure I will get around to playing that aswell, doesnt mean I cant enjoy this.

This should arrive tomorrow from LoveFilm. I haven't actually seen any videos or sceenshots since the initial batch.

The more I play it the more im enjoying it. Its quite satisfying moving around the city at speed, linking moves together.

I really like that I can approach it anyway I want to and like Assassins Creed do the missions with my own way, but mostly I love that I can just fuck around with what it gives me.

Assassin's Creed is possibly the worst example oyu can give for open ended missions.

I love playing this, its just so much fun at a basic level, just like Mario Galaxy its awesome when a game can pull you in with just the way it plays, its a great feeling and personally that's how I prefer them. Mission structure and story sucks though, when I tried to described at what point I was in the game to a friend, I couldn't do better than "I can ride tanks now".

Enjoying this so far! Yes the draw distance is bad, yes the missions are linear, yes the story is shit. However, the feeling of gliding and jumping and sprinting and air dashing around the city is just immense. It's just fun to run aimlessly around, with no destination or direction. There is an issue with precision at times - getting to the top of a building gets difficult if it narrows to a spire - but apart from that its great. And this is all at the start of the game, with a lot of new abilities to be gained.

Oh, and this game has the worst water effect I've seen since the N64. When you look at say Bioshock and Prototype together (unfair though the comparison may be) it really is amazing how bad it is.

Played this for an hour this morning. It's amazingly unpolished. It's good, not great. I definitely wouldn't buy it.

Which is a bit annoying seeing as this game was delayed a lot....

Okay, just did the sixth mission?

Military Expenditure: $289.96 million

Military Casualties: 174

Civilian Casualties: 1009

Infected Casualties: 164

I am LOVING this game. :D

Edit: Okay, just topped that on the next mission. :heh:

Edited by Daft

Yeah some of the numbers you get are crazy. I think military expenditure for one of my missions was over $2bn.

I've reached $7bn, but I've finished the game. Some people have reached way more than that.

The game is really addicting, I've gone back to play it several times.

It's kind of a shame because as damn fun as it is, with a bit more effort put (like the city is pretty bland, and the animation and physics could be better) into it it could have been completely awesome.

Hopefully if they make a sequel.

I'm planning on getting this once i've beat a few more titles in my collection. Or when the price comes down a bit, whatever comes first.

Any body want to swap it for one of mine?

Its a long shot, but you might want one of me.

Fable 2

Blue dragon

lego indiana jones/ kunfu panda

Mass Effect

Lol Deathjamm found Mass Effect for £1.79 and you want to trade it for a full price game?

That's more than a long shot.

Lol Deathjamm found Mass Effect for £1.79 and you want to trade it for a full price game?

That's more than a long shot.

It worked out at £6.79, and i wasnt neccessarily only offering one.

It worked out at £6.79, and i wasnt neccessarily only offering one.

Well read your post again because it sounded like you were offering just one.

You better word it better next time Warand.

Lol why did I sound threatening in that last post?

You better word it better next time Warand.

Lol why did I sound threatening in that last post?

I didnt feel threatened XD