Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

With this I wouldn't be surprised if Sony completely chucked BC out of the window in favor of full on downloads. Like Xbox Originals, they'll play on all the SKUs.

Yeah actually that is a good point would well and truly kill off the preowned market.

Gamer level pfff thats nothing on the Gamerscore

I'd rather have a level something far more related to gaming than a score that runs into the thousands...gamerscore doesn't feel the same as say a highscore...whereas levels relates to RPG'#s etc...

They are both arbitrary numbers but at least the trophies will at least show skilled players who have lots of platinum trophies against point hoarders who'll only go after the the easy achievements.

QFT totally agree.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Get Super Stardust HD, with the add-on pack. It is awesome.

I was going to pick it up ages ago but decided against it. I think I may well go mad and buy Warhawk, Tekken, and this in about 10 days when my credit card gets paid off.

After really not liking Resistance at first I've given it a chance and I can see myself getting into it. I still don't like using the PS3 pad to play it as the sticks just feel too loose for my liking. Like I can move them slightly and it doesn't recognise it.

I've added a few CDs and stuff to my PS3s library in preparation for the update. Will be so glad of this, finally. Disappointing to see you'll have to replay games to get trophies in them, but understandable I suppose.

You won't regret it. It is a fantastic game, and the add on is worth it as well. I originally bought it because because it was one of the only games with custom soundtrack. I've spent close to 10 hours on it. I love it.

I have the same feelings about Resistance. I can only really be bothered to play it on co-op, and it is a lot of fun then.

I'm actually looking forward to the excuse of replaying Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and all the rest.

You won't regret it. It is a fantastic game, and the add on is worth it as well. I originally bought it because because it was one of the only games with custom soundtrack. I've spent close to 10 hours on it. I love it.

I have the same feelings about Resistance. I can only really be bothered to play it on co-op, and it is a lot of fun then.

I'm actually looking forward to the excuse of replaying Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and all the rest.

Only these games for now

# BUZZ! Quiz TV

# LittleBigPlanet

# MotorStorm Pacific Rift

# NBA 09

# PAIN

# PixelJunk Eden

# Resistance 2

# SOCOM: Confrontation

# Super Stardust HD

# Warhawk

Uncharted has it's own in-game achievements (which are awesome because they actually unlock things) so i would be shocked if they didn't do an update for it. Not too bothered if they don't but I'd be surprised all the same.

Also wasn't there rumor that Ratchet and Clank had DLC coming? (Not that trophies are included, this just reminded me.)

I think PAIN will be a lot better with trophies.

Only these games for now

# BUZZ! Quiz TV

# LittleBigPlanet

# MotorStorm Pacific Rift

# NBA 09

# PAIN

# PixelJunk Eden

# Resistance 2

# SOCOM: Confrontation

# Super Stardust HD

# Warhawk

Not bad, got two of the games listed (Warhawk and PAIN)

I think PAIN will be a lot better with trophies.

Was just thinking that, really enjoyed PAIN for afew hours before I got bored of it, but with Trophies being added I can see myself playing it abit more.

Guest Jordan

Stardust is by far the best game on the PSN... I played it for a good 2 hours earlier. Felt like 10 minutes >.>

This news is just for Dom :)

Atlus U.S.A. Inc. today announced it will serve as exclusive North American distributor for three highly-anticipated titles from publisher NIS America. Launching August 26, 2008 will be Disgaea® 3: Absence of Justice for PLAYSTATION®3 and MSRP of $49.99. Less than a month later, on September 23, 2008, both Disgaea® DS and Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure will launch simultaneously on Nintendo DS™, each with MSRP of $29.99.

I'm liking all this Sony news..lets hope it continues at E3..just ashame they weren't like this at the beginning..cause it feels slightly like 'catch-up' but at least there doing things now, right? :)

I'm liking all this Sony news..lets hope it continues at E3..just ashame they weren't like this at the beginning..cause it feels slightly like 'catch-up' but at least there doing things now, right? :)

Amen! Sony were real slow out the blocks but they are picking up momentum now. The XMB can only get better as well, plus it is free. Two things are still desperately needed. One, for SOE to get off their lazy arses and actually release dome decent content on the European PSN, and cross game invites.

I also hope the PS2 downloads is true.

Burnout Paradise will have trophy support

the details:

* Trophies will be retroactive, so, if you’ve achieved something today, the day the update arrives (not Cagney, we want to emphasise) that will be reflected in your Trophies.

* Your Burnout Paradise save game has always been locked to your PSN id - so there’s never been any chance of trading save games - your progress is your progress (we have a way of thinking ahead for this kind of stuff!)

* The Save Game Analyser works with a special export file that is exported when you do a manual save from the game, not your encrypted save game file - so there’s no chance that anyone could hack that

blog.us.playstation.com

Burnout Paradise will have trophy support

the details:

* Trophies will be retroactive, so, if you’ve achieved something today, the day the update arrives (not Cagney, we want to emphasise) that will be reflected in your Trophies.

* Your Burnout Paradise save game has always been locked to your PSN id - so there’s never been any chance of trading save games - your progress is your progress (we have a way of thinking ahead for this kind of stuff!)

* The Save Game Analyser works with a special export file that is exported when you do a manual save from the game, not your encrypted save game file - so there’s no chance that anyone could hack that

blog.us.playstation.com

thats great news out of all my games burnout was the one I was kinda worried about...as I didn't wanna have to pour all the hours back into it.,

Back to BC, with my 40gb PAL, it says I can make a PS2 memory card, and as I've said, 2 PS2 games haven't worked. If it allows me to make a PS2 memory card, is it possible they could release an update so old games will work.

PS1 games work fine.

Back to BC, with my 40gb PAL, it says I can make a PS2 memory card, and as I've said, 2 PS2 games haven't worked. If it allows me to make a PS2 memory card, is it possible they could release an update so old games will work.

PS1 games work fine.

It's possible they could release an update yes, likely? No... if you really want BC (and I don't see why everyone shouldn't) them get a 60GB model but the BC still isn't "proper" even then, unless you get an NTSC 60GB model... ok I'll shut up now... >>

Just bought Stardust. Only played quickly for 5 minutes, seems very good though. Definitely liking the custom soundtracks! Thanks for the recommendation Daft.

Played a bit more Resistance and Motorstorm as I still can't make my mind up about them. Motorstorm is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played in my life. I mean bouncing slightly and then blowing up. Great fun..

Still not sure on Resistance. I'm getting on better control wise but I'm just finding it a bit boring. No real motivation to play when I've got Bioshock I could replay, Halo 3, and Unreal 3. Meh, I dunno.

Uncharted is getting trophy support.

Because Sony's trophy system is only being implemented now, a bunch of games have already been released that don't make use of the feature. Meaning developers will need to go back and bolt on trophy support in their own time. So when 2.40 becomes available, which games will have them, and which ones won't? While Sony released a preliminary list of titles that will be the first to implement trophies the other day, they've since added one more: our 2007 NQGOTY, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, which "will also receive a patch at some point in the foreseeable future

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!