Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

I can't help but shake the feeling that, without Nectar, it'd just be another standard FPS.

I pretty much agree but I can see being a rebel and taking advantage of the soldiers and their use of nectar could potentially be very fun. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan
If you look at it in that way, then you could say the same about a fair amount of FPS, doesn't stop it from been fun though. These days people seem to think that every FPS has to be revolutionary to be fun. :/

Yeah.. but it just doesn't stand out.

Most of my favourite FPS just have that "weighty" feel about it and they're all pretty unique in one way or another.

Going up against CoD4, Halo 3, Half-Life 2 Episode 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2 and so on... Haze doesn't feel that special.

Haze is alright! I don't hate it, so i'll buy it cause i enjoyed it to some extent! :D

Graphically (i'm not a graphics whore) but i remember seeing that forest level quite sometime ago and thinking 'wow', but now it's not that amazing is it? Perhaps it's been delayed for a tad too long, thats the problem!

It's by Free Radical Design (afaik) therefore by reputation of the TS series alone it should be excellent but from what people are saying it's not... it's just fun but limited.

I was contemplating getting it for PS3 but now I think I'll wait and get the 360 version, whenever thats coming out as I'd prefer achievements for playing through it even as pointless as some think they are, also I think I'll wait until it's £17.99 on play.com too and when I'm actually in the modd to play yet another FPS. :/

No.

We're getting what is essentially a 40GB PS3 with a copy of MGS4 in a pretty box.

Ah no, sorry I meant this one-

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots-limited-edition-20080410110727659-000.jpg

The version with a soundtrack CD and some extras. Do you/does anyone know if we're getting that?

So I'm guessing the Dualshock 3 won't be out here in time for Metal Gear then too? Hmm.

Ah no, sorry I meant this one-

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots-limited-edition-20080410110727659-000.jpg

The version with a soundtrack CD and some extras. Do you/does anyone know if we're getting that?

So I'm guessing the Dualshock 3 won't be out here in time for Metal Gear then too? Hmm.

Nothing has been mentioned on any website so I doubt we will be getting it :(

Yeah.. but it just doesn't stand out.

Most of my favourite FPS just have that "weighty" feel about it and they're all pretty unique in one way or another.

Going up against CoD4, Halo 3, Half-Life 2 Episode 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2 and so on... Haze doesn't feel that special.

Yes agreed every good FPS that have that feel to it... I've played the demo and yeah it was good...but I'm not going to rush out and buy it...

One thing I do like is though on any menu press triangle and you can get it to bring up friends invites...then press manage and it brings up that part of the xmb plus the message box so its almost a half way house between importing in friends lists (which most games do) to the ingame xmb (the holy grail)

Domo Kun... if you want a Dual Shock 3 you can get an imported one off eBay right now, thats what a lot of people have been doing for months, you might even be able to find one cheaper. :smile:

Domo Kun... if you want a Dual Shock 3 you can get an imported one off eBay right now, thats what a lot of people have been doing for months, you might even be able to find one cheaper. :smile:

Yeah...to be honest it is what I will do closer to MGS4..

Hmm in that case, no cheap 360 version... no sale... so far I only have two games for the PS3... Uncharted and Ninja Gaiden Sigma, I've basically only bought it for the truly amazing exclusive titles and Haze doesn't sound like it fits that bill anymore. :/

Roll on June 12th! :smile:

p.s I know that Uncharted and Nina Gaiden Sigma might not qualify as amazing exclusives in some peoples books but, Uncharted was very enjoyable from start to finish and Ninja Gaiden Sigma is effectively the directors cut of one of the best games of the last generation. (directors cut of a directors cut but you get my point, it owns and on that note I can't wait for Ninja Gaiden II also :P)

Guest Jordan
Well considering they stress every time there's a interview it's only for PS3 and they have said over and over it's a permanent exclusive i would.

The same was said about Bioshock... Now thats coming to PS3 this year.

I thought it was 2k?

To wikipedia!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock < Says 2K Games.

And look towards the bottom for PS3 thing. September 'pparently.

I'd be tempted to get it again if there were new stuff in it. They really should put a multiplayer option in it. Online plasmids ftw.

I got my dualshock 3 off ebay. I got mine off a uk seller who had already imported them.

Ditto.

Yeah buying imports on eBay, it's always better to buy from someone who's allready done the importing bit for you, unless it's significantly cheaper from the other country, otherwise... UK all the way. :smile:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!