• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

That....was....the....

7026303417_2bcbd3dc19.jpg

+ Silent Hill.

I suppose every month can't be to everyone's tastes.

Well turns out I was right and the UK Playstation Plus month is pretty much the same - go me! :D

Hey guys, just in case you hadn't seen the UK store has been updated. Can't be to everyones tastes, and it looks like cooky was right;

Did you even look at the post immediately above your own? :heh:

I actually laughed properly out loud to that!

Oh you got his one!

Zipper Interactive have closed down:

UPDATE: Sony has finally confirmed that Zipper Interactive is no more.

A statement from the platform holder handed to Game Informer explained that the decision was "a result of a normal cycle of resource re-alignment". Here it is in full:

"Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm the closure of Zipper Interactive, a Seattle-based internal game development studio that has been part of the global development operation of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS).

"The closure is a result of a normal cycle of resource re-alignment within SCE WWS. Zipper has completed all work associated with its most recent project, Unit 13 for PlayStation Vita. Zipper titles MAG, SOCOM 4 and Unit 13 will continue to be supported, including the new Daily Challenges in Unit 13."

ORIGINAL STORY: Sony has remained quiet on the rumour that SOCOM developer Zipper Interactive is being shut down.

Kotaku reported that Zipper was hit by layoffs and the cancellation of a project. It said the scope of the layoffs "indicated a studio shutdown".

Sony Computer Entertainment America refused to comment on the story to Kotaku, and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe declined to comment when contacted by Eurogamer this morning.

If true, Zipper's closure means the Sony-owned studio's last game was PS Vita third-person shooter Unit 13.

Its previous works include the PlayStation exclusive series SOCOM and PlayStation 3 exclusive first-person shooter MAG.

Not played any of their games this gen personally so it's not a lose to me. At least it gives them more time to play this months Playstation Plus games:

As it's just a rumour I'll consign it to here for now, but I thought it warranted mentioning that allegedly CD Projekt are going to be announcing a PS3 version of The Witcher 2 this week; they've a conference on the 5th.

Perhaps nothing will come of it, but if it is announced the game comes thoroughly recommended.

Some what ironically when I go to download:

I can't! I downloaded the Shank demo but can't download the unlock and I can't download NFS at all. It just comes up with a blank screen rather than the download part. It's just these games because I went and checked and managed to download other demos.

For shank do you need to dowNload the trial and then the unlock? Is that how you get it to work?

God I wish the ps3 wasn't the worlds slowest wireless device imagineable. So tempted to get a lead

Yup you do.

Yeah I went wired a long time ago.

Yup you do.

Yeah I went wired a long time ago.

Yup wired is the way to go.

Anyways my ps3 is still dying a slow death and at the moment, it sounds like a bloody jet engine, so anyone know of any good deals going about? Online would be preferable as well as it being brand new, second hand has burned me too many times in the past. I don't have uncharted 3 (I know I know that's a crime) so a bundle would be nice too. Had a look around but haven't seen anything for sub £200. :sad: