Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Can someone recommend a short 6-10 hour action/adventure game for me?

You could download inFamous: Festival of Blood. It'll only take you a few hours to finish — say 4 and a bit hours to do everything — but for £8 it's pretty full-featured and would slot in nicely between the various big releases at this time of year.

You can pick up Enslaved for around £10, too. It's not a game without issues, but for the price I'm sure you'd get a decent amount of enjoyment out of it, plus it meets your time requirements.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

You could download inFamous: Festival of Blood. It'll only take you a few hours to finish — say 4 and a bit hours to do everything — but for £8 it's pretty full-featured and would slot in nicely between the various big releases at this time of year.

You can pick up Enslaved for around £10, too. It's not a game without issues, but for the price I'm sure you'd get a decent amount of enjoyment out of it, plus it meets your time requirements.

Actually yes great recommendation I finished this before all the madness of Q4 releases and really enjoyed it.

Why the fuck are there so many good games out in such a short space of time? I'm still trying to finish all the Dragon Age: Origins DLC and there's Uncharted 3 and Batman: Arkham City having just been released with Skyrim out in a week.

Not to mention my personal favourite NHL 12.

I don't have enough time in the day to play these games.

Why the fuck are there so many good games out in such a short space of time? I'm still trying to finish all the Dragon Age: Origins DLC and there's Uncharted 3 and Batman: Arkham City having just been released with Skyrim out in a week.

Not to mention my personal favourite NHL 12.

I don't have enough time in the day to play these games.

And Sonic Generations.

And Super Mario 3D Land

And Mario Kart 7

And Zelda Skyward Sword.

Platinum-trophy.png

Finished off Dragon Age: Origins. Done all the DLC too except the expansion Awakening, which i'll start tomorrow. Don't know if anyone's done any DLC but I really liked the way they were done. All of them were unique, adding in missing plot points or telling the story from a different angle.

The final boss in the Golems of Amgarrak, Harvester; what an absolute kent that is on Hard difficulty. Got there eventually but the controller came close to being destroyed on a couple of occasions :heh:

I've been playing Ratchet & Clank:A4O on and off over the past few days and it's very meh. I'm a big fan of the series and loved every game that's been released, apart from this one. It definetly seems it's made for co-op only, even though you can play through it by yourself.

I did pop online with it but the random people were just faffing about and generally doing my head in.

I will say that the humour from the series is still intact, with the banter between the characters being stupidly funny. Captain Quark FTW!

The concept of A4O sounded awful to me from the start so I never developed an interest. Insomniac's multi-platform franchise, forget the name, also looks decidedly average and I'm only going by the art style.

Overstrike....and yes it did look average. The trailer was awful as well it had these 4 characters and you were told why you should think they are cool and why you wanna be them rather than them being inherently characters you actually want to play as.

I think that Insomniac seemed to have lost their way this generation. They started off great with the first Resistance game ( loved it to bits ) but have slowly been on the decline since.

It's a shame really as I am a fan of them and once put them in same same league as Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog, but where they have continued to evolve and grow this generation, Insomniac haven't. I still wouldn't say no to a Ratchet & Clank HD collection though, which leads nicely into this piece of news...

Last month, the Korean Rating Board revealed Jax and Daxter Collection for an unspecified platform, with Sony listed as the game’s publisher. We can now confirm that this will indeed be a PlayStation 3 release as suspected.

The leak this time comes from the USK, Germany’s videogame rating organization. The collection will be titled Jax & Daxter Trilogy Edition in Europe.

Update: Sony has confirmed the news in a statement to Game Informer.

"We can confirm the Jak and Daxter Collection is coming and will have more news to share shortly," a spokesperson said.

I care not for the 2 sequels but being able to play the heavenly original again in HD will be glorious.

Sony has finally revealed how they're going to support those with UMD versions of PSP games that wish to play them on the Vita.

1. Download a UMD Registration Application from PlayStation Store to your PSP

2. Boot up the UMD Registration Application from your PSP's XMB menu and insert the UMD game you want to register into the system.

3. Follow the prompts to register your UMD disc with your PSN account

4. You can then download the downloadable version of your game at discount price.

Sounds good! I'm surprised that this is a lot more efficient than pretty much all the guesses I have seen on forums, but discount price? Mother fuckers. They've put up a list of the games they will initially support themselves and reveal that they'll cost between 500 (£4) to 1500 (£12) yen. But apparently the big third party publishers like Capcom, Square Enix and Sega haven't announced any of their games they'll be supporting with it or if they will even do so.

Games purchased off PSN though will just be simply available to download from the store on to the Vita. Saves etc transferred through USB via the Vita content manager.

Although the UMD process is pretty efficient, the price you have to pay for some titles and how some titles might not be available is pretty annoying.

EDIT: Andriasang is the source but for some reason I can't get the URL for their articles

http://andriasang.com/comyxp/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Joining its announcement of the UMD Passport program (details here), Sony has shared specifics on what players can expect when playing a PSP game on PlayStation Vita.

Boot up a PSP game on Vita, and you'll see the following screens:

The screen to the left is the LiveArea for the PSP game. If the game has a digital manual, you'll see an icon for the manual here.

To the right are some play options. You can toggle bilinear filtering, change settings for the right analogue stick and switch the color space to match the color of the PSP. For games that use the system's camera, you can switch between the front and back camera.

You'll be able to transfer your PSP saves to your Vita. The transfer can be done through the PS Vita Content Management program on your PS3 or PC. In the case of a PC, you'll need to install a program called "Content Management Assistant for PlayStation." This will be released later via the PlayStation.jp site. (Sony didn't say this, but the PS3 content management program will presumably be added to the system via firmware update).

If you have a UMD copy of a game, you'll need to use Sony's UMD Passport program to transfer it to the Vita (assuming it's supported by the program). For download versions, you can download the game directly from PS Store, or download it to your PS3 and transfer it from there to your Vita.

Sounds quite good.

Sucks you have to pay a bit more, but I suppose you'll have the UMD and Digital versions so that's not too bad.

My Dad bought a PS3 from Tesco couple of days, was supposed to include a Blu Ray movie but it wasn't in the box. Do they come in a cardboard sleeve or a normal Blu Ray box?

Sucks you have to pay a bit more, but I suppose you'll have the UMD and Digital versions so that's not too bad.

My Dad bought a PS3 from Tesco couple of days, was supposed to include a Blu Ray movie but it wasn't in the box. Do they come in a cardboard sleeve or a normal Blu Ray box?

Check. If it isnt there tell Tesco. They should have an extra copy somewhere. Can come in anything.

Finished off Dragon Age: Origins 100%. Some annoying bugs aside, I really enjoyed it. I've got the Ultimate edition, so all the DLC was included for no extra cost and it was fairly impressive collection.

Looking forward to playing Skyrim but I need a little break from fantasy themed RPG's for a little while :heh:

So, have we heard anything about who will be doing the 3G coverage for Vita yet? I'm considering going for the 3G set when they open pre-orders for the limited edition, because it would be absolutely epic if Skype made an application for Vita. Would save me a lot of money if I do get my year placement in Japan as all I would need to do is change the SIM.

So, have we heard anything about who will be doing the 3G coverage for Vita yet? I'm considering going for the 3G set when they open pre-orders for the limited edition, because it would be absolutely epic if Skype made an application for Vita. Would save me a lot of money if I do get my year placement in Japan as all I would need to do is change the SIM.

I'm not sure if the SIM stuff is multi region like the console is? Also it's not been confirmed about 3G carriers. I really don't get the point though...I'll write below...

Would have my doubts about if Skype would run over 3G or whether the data costs would be stupidly price for you to do such things? The 3G isn't for gaming on the move except for asyncronise stuff and the near stuff...for me there are that many wifi hotspots and such then I don't get it. For your skype as well that would work that's me and girlfriend used when she was working long days...are you really gonna be 3Ging around talking on skype? I assume wifi hotspots will still be around japan as much as here.

The 3G will supposedly work in Japan no matter what country it is bought in. 3G phones work to some extent, but they operate on a different band over in Japan so not a lot of phones are compatible. I guess I'll have to wait for clarification on the matter.

You're probably right though about the wifi spots, it seems like the most sensible option, especially considering that Skype hasn't even been announced and even if it does, no guarantee that it'll work on over anything other than wifi.

But yeah, limited edition sets are available for pre-order from the 30th of November for EU apparently. I think we just get a free pair of Sony headphones with our limited edition bundle, unlike America where the limited edition comes out a week earlier than the normal release.