• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone explain why I have not been able to access my PSN account for at least a week? I may have forgotten my password, but upon clicking reminder I am redirected to a page which is down for maintenance (and has been for the last week).

Not sure if they are still having problems since the whole hacking saga. As when i try and go on their website to change something i keep getting the maintaince screen.

Not that it helps you much.

Second problem. I have this evening been playing the rather good inFamous (PSN download version). It suddenly froze and required a shut down. Since then, the game does not show on the XMB, with only the spinning arrows appearing. I guess it is corrupted somehow....

It will not let me enter the Triangle Menu to delete to reinstall. Any thoughts?

Have you tried downloading it again with the download list? Hopefully it'll overwrite it or something.

OR since that was likely a stupid suggestion, try the following.

1. Turn off Playstation 3.

2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.

3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps

4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.

5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button

6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

7. Select "Restore File System" from the Recovery menu.

8. Agree to restoring the file system.

Apparently this doesn't delete anything, just rebuilds the file system and then you should be able to delete the corrupted files.

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=16118

Stolen from there, and due to the amount of thanks he got and the number of other places with the same advice and thankers, I am inclined to trust it.

Edited by heroicjanitor

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a PS3 on Saturday for the onslaught of games that are arriving on the platform at the end of the year. I have started picking up some games that i've missed such as Infamous 2 ( amazing game ), Heroes On The Move, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Killzone 2/3 and i'm really looking forward to Resistance 3 next week. Even though I thought the campaign was poor for the 2nd game, I have high hopes for this one.

I got mine from HMV instore. I think it was 270 quid with Move starter pack, Infamous 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse and Move Heroes. Oh and it's the 320gb model.

oooooh that a good bundle! cheers!

EDIT:

ooooh online too thanks!

Nice 2 more people with Motorstorm Apocalypse which is sooooo underated - a fantastic online game!

How many games could a 160gb take?... obviously all games vary in size... but are we talking 10... 30?

I'd say there is no way of telling your right the sizes do vary but drastically we are talking from like 250MB to 4GB for example....

I had a 120GB and was constantly having to delete game utility off it. That's why I;m going for 320GB this time round.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!