Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Won't you miss out on Shale if you don't download the free DLC? That's one of the best characters.

I wasn't supposing he played the whole game without it but I've just reached about 20 hours without touching any of the DLC and i've got it all installed. By the time Flameboy reaches that kind of time, i'm sure the PSN will be up and running.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't supposing he played the whole game without it but I've just reached about 20 hours without touching any of the DLC and i've got it all installed. By the time Flameboy reaches that kind of time, i'm sure the PSN will be up and running.

ah right....your right PSN would be up and running way before I clocked up 20 hours...think gonna play assassin's creed brotherhood first anyhow.

Just on another note, heard on a couple of podcasts that the expected value of "welcome back" package is around $20, this could just be (and likely is) unfounded speculation, thought would post it all the same.

They're going to be downloadable titles, not packaged goods. Even if we're just talking Sony published titles there's a pretty good selection for them — or us — to choose from.

Yeah will definitely be Sony published (maybe even developed) titles as otherwise they having to give money to other companies....thats why they are never going to just give us PSN store credit, something people elsewhere on internets have been asking for.

Well, they could negotiate terms with third parties. As in, "If you let us give away your old game, we won't take any royalties for the first month your upcoming title is out." That sort of thing.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, they could negotiate terms with third parties. As in, "If you let us give away your old game, we won't take any royalties for the first month your upcoming title is out." That sort of thing.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Nah they are never going to do that, they are then losing money by missing out on the royalties down the line. Also arguably a downloadable game makes 90% of its money in the first month. Only being Sony titles gets rid of this problem completely and means not losing any money as such.

Sony PSN restoration targets end of May

A spokesperson for Sony Japan has warned that PlayStation Network may not be fully operational again until 31st May.

Shigenori Yoshida told Bloomberg that the plan was to "restart services fully" by that day.

As of today, PSN has been offline for 19 days. The service went down on 20th April.

Should the PSN restoration go the distance, the online platform will have been unusable for 41 days.

A phased restoration of PlayStation Network was supposed to happen last week.

On Saturday, however, Sony announced (via the European PlayStation blog) a delay to this strategy brought on by the breach of Sony Online Entertainment's servers.

As you may know, we've begun the process of restoring the service through internal testing of the new system. We're still working to confirm the security of the network infrastructure, as well as working with a variety of outside entities to confirm with them of the security of the system. Verifying the system security is vital for the process of restoration. Additional comprehensive system checks and testing are still required, and we must complete that process before bringing the systems online.

As you've heard us say, our utmost priorities are the security of the network and ensuring your data is safe. We won't restore the services until we can test the system's strength in these respects.

When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week. We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system. We know many of you are wanting to play games online, chat with your friends and enjoy all of the services PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have to offer, and trust me when I say we're doing everything we can to make it happen. We will update you with more information as soon as we have it. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience of this network outage.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-09-sony-psn-restoration-targets-end-of-may

:(

Glad i preordered LA Noire over the weekend. Now if they could just push Infamous 2 up by a few weeks, ill be set.

On the one hand, these setbacks blow but im glad they're taking the necessary amount of time to get it right

That's what they've been saying for a while...

They're talking about full service, not partial.

yeah your right...to me that reads that the likes of the playstation store will not be back till the end of the month which is what they've said all along. Eurogamer being a bit lazy and not really doing their research.

To be fair to Eurogamer, theyre only reporting what Sony themselves have said:

When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week. We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system. We know many of you are wanting to play games online, chat with your friends and enjoy all of the services PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have to offer, and trust me when I say we're doing everything we can to make it happen. We will update you with more information as soon as we have it. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience of this network outage.

The point is that Eurogamer is trying to spin news out of a reaffirmation, the article written to imply that something is different/worse. It's basically shit stirring.

Not that I'm surprised. I like Eurogamer's articles but their news has always been awful.

I bet anything that Uncharted'll do like....an x8 cash multiplayer weekend or something. And if its this weekend that'll be fucking annoying cos' I'm away.

Plus the Hammer-only playlist that everyone missed.

PSN Restoration Timeline Update

Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored. At this time, I can’t give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process.

oh-for-fucks-sake-500x324.jpg

Thanks Sony for yet another vague useless update!

DupK3.png

Edited by Cookyman

oh-for-fucks-sake-500x324.jpg

Thanks Sony for yet another vague useless update!

DupK3.png

I know I saw that headline thinking awesome they finally have a timeline for it coming back online but nah just like you say a useless update saying they are working on them.

I played Demon's Souls for about 30 minutes. It really doesn't seem to be my kind of game.

It plays like a PC game form when 3D (as in SM64 3D not "new" 3D) was brand new and they were still working out stuff like controls.

Edited by Cube

I played Demon's Souls for about 30 minutes. It really doesn't seem to be my kind of game.

It plays like a PC game form when 3D (as in SM64 3D not "new" 3D) was brand new and they were still working out stuff like controls.

*In before the avalanche of demon souls defenders.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!