NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

If you are into gaming its a good e3. If you just care for the home consoles then its probably a bit dull. The PS Vita, PC games and some of the unique Ps3 stuff really caught my eye. PS3 luckily doesnt feel as tired as the Wii or 360.

3D gaming is growing and Sony have been smart to keep their games broad. Move is maturing and now approaching a standard in hardcore games and MMO/ user created games are still getting big pushes on the PS3. With my gaming on PS3 and PC right now I am pretty excited for the next year ahead. Vita will be added to that lineup.

I am shocked at how disappointing the Nintendo showing is. Pc gaming is doing well again on the high end but certain companies really dominate with good reason (Blizzard). The other MMO just cant hold a candle to WOW. In the time these new games are supposed to launch WOW has been updated with more advanced features. The Star Wars MMO will be missing critical quality of life features despite its insane development time.

I thought E3's advert for gaming was awful. There was nothing new or exciting this year other than hardware. Except I'm not really that interested in the NGP and the WiiU set-up looks plain backward.

Edited by dwarf

3D is so shit. I thought I'd got away with it when Sony had STFU but then Nintedo started yapping on about the bloody 3DS.

e3 is fantastic so far as in gaming's advert. No question there. Nothing is more exciting than new hardware.

the WiiU set-up looks plain backward.

Wii U is shit thats why. Nintendo didnt even bother with the hardware.

Worst of all the PS Vita does the same job much better. Not so unique this time, Nintendo.

e3 has been pretty good this year. Better than the usual for me. Alot of substance but also new hardware. The issue with big new hardware tends to be overhype or lack of substance which was prevalent with PS3, 360 and Wii. Thankfully the PS Vita has been handled really well with Sony not having to try and oversell the device.

PC gaming is also looking up this year which is a plus. On the high end side we have 3D , powerful graphics and tech, good game design etc. Its looking good :)

I thought E3's advert for gaming was awful.

E3 isn't over. Generally the more left-field stuff doesn't emerge from the conferences; Journey had a separate demo last year, Sony's press event didn't mention it.

3D is so shit. I thought I'd got away with it when Sony had STFU but then Nintedo started yapping on about the bloody 3DS.

3D depends on the quality of the screen. Something which Nintendo did not deliver on. The 3D works flawlessly though but the quality of graphics and screen itself leave alot to be desired.

I saw Kung Fu Panda 2 on Europe's largest 3D screen at the o2. Its obvious the screen was not good at 3D. It felt choppy and lacked coherency in fast scenes. My local cinema displays 3d at a higher resolution with little to no cross. Infact the 3d destroys the 2d quality at my local lol. Which is probably down to the old 2D projectors.

The best 3D right now are on the top tv's (Panasonic and Sony's high end). Nothing else compares. Sony are doing really well with 3D, its something 360 cant do due to HDMI 1.2 bandwidth limitations. PC gaming has tons of issues and horsepower requirements. Not going 3d with Vita was smart. It is not the right time. Its too high end right now and the cost would have been prohibitive. It would have been worse than the Blu Ray Ps3 thing if they went 3D.

Nah, 3D is cack. Visual quality gets compromised for an unjustified cause.

Even when it isn't compromised visually it's just gimmicky.

I saw Kung Fu Panda 2 on Europe's largest 3D screen at the o2.

I doubt that since the BFI IMAX is the biggest screen in Britain.

My main E3 disappointment was no GTAV announcement. But if I remember correctly, they only unveiled IV on Rockstar's own website, (I remember seeing a poster advertising the reveal - that's how big it was), rather than at a big event like E3 so I suppose it would have been doubtful anyway

Well that's me out of the whole PS3 thing. I think just got YLOD and I have no money to repair or replace it.

The console just switches off randomly and the red light blinks. This is the third PS3 to have died on me.

I think I'm quitting gaming. Bye.

Edited by Daft

Actually the best 3D screens are also the best 2D screens ;) No compromises just pure quality. Which shouldn't be a shock. The best 3D examples I have seen add so much to a scene. It feels like as if objects are there and the added dimension makes it feel real.

A wooden log with all its bumps and roughness etc. Few screens can handle that detail correctly in 3D. Like a true hologram mimicking something in real life. :awesome:

My main E3 disappointment was no GTAV announcement. But if I remember correctly, they only unveiled IV on Rockstar's own website, (I remember seeing a poster advertising the reveal - that's how big it was), rather than at a big event like E3 so I suppose it would have been doubtful anyway

Not everyhting has to be unveiled ont he exact e3 day. In a sense e3 is the whole month. We will have tons of unveiling yet.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

What time zone and what time are games put on PSN?

Tomorrow Uk store. Tonight US store. Times are never fixed.

How much does it cost to get Sony to repair a YLOD'd PS3?

I listened to the interview yesterday but I don't think he said it like that? I may be mistaken, but I'm not familiar with this.

Im amazed that its even an issue. During the conference Nintendo said themselves that they'd only be showing one game in development for the Wii U and that was the Lego one. The other videos showed what will be coming.

But the Ninja Gaiden footage had way more blood then the 360/PS3 trailer...

I don't really understand why they announced it this E3. Surely next E3 would have been much more appropriate.

But it's being released nekst year. They need more than 6 or so months to build up the hype right? (unless you're talking about Vita, because this is the PS board after all...)

I don't really understand why they announced it this E3. Surely next E3 would have been much more appropriate.

It was to just get it in the public eye but they really should have shown it with some actual game footage. It seems to have bit them in the butt as alot of people are confused as to what they watched and Nintendo's shares dropped to the lowest they have ever been in 5 years.