NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

30 days what? But the store still isn't back up yet anyway....

30 days for you to claim you free welcome back games.

If you have to you can just sign into a friend's PS3, 'purchase' the free stuff so it registers on your account, and then download it on you new PS3 whenever.

It's also good how you can claim your friends' downloads free if they sign into your PS3 on their account. Doesn't work on some online titles (like Warhawk, one license per payment) but for many titles it does. Got quite a few this way.

PSN down today but back tomorrow.

PSN will be taken offline today (1st June) at 4.30pm for scheduled maintenance. The service will be restored tomorrow (2nd June) morning at 7am.

With a PlayStation Store? There's no mention of it.

During maintenance the PlayStation Store, Network Account Management and Network Account Registration will be inaccessible, advised Sony.

PSN sign-in will be disabled after 4.30pm this afternoon. Ensure you're around beforehand if you want to remain signed in.

Sony announced yesterday that the PlayStation Store will be restored by the end of this week.

But the Store's been down....?

The 30 days to download the games begins from whenever the PSN store comes back up (ie. soon), presumably.

^ Phew, like Rez I was thinking Sony were only offering this deal hypothetically by keeping the store down during the 'welcome back' period. Glad that's been cleared up.

:P

It's not just back, it's backlogged.

There's some very nice Plus discounts on offer and quite a few new entries. For those wondering the Welcome Back stuff won't get live for a couple of days, though.

Its not seeming too stable at the moment though, ive had quite a few error messages since loading it

Having millions of people scrabbling to download content and make transactions will do that. See also: Live and PSN whenever a CoD map pack comes out.

Things will settle down eventually.

This is what everyone gets for a month with the free PS+

PSN Games:

- Burnout Paradise

- Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers

- Streets of Rage 2

- (minis) BABEL: The King of the Blocks

PS1 Games:

- James Pond 2: Codename Robocod

- The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

Discounts

- PlayTV Live Chat – 25% off until 6 July 2011

- Thexder NEO – 50% off

- Worms – 50% off

- Burn Zombie Burn! – 50% off

- Chime – 20% off

- Under Siege – 40% off

- Beyond Good & Evil – 20% off (from 8th June – 22nd June)

Themes

- Exclusive City theme

- Exclusive Dragon theme

- 20% off a selection of new themes from The Studio

- Patapon 3 Avatars: Bowmunk, Cannassault, Gaeen, Manboth, Oohoroc

Any stuff added mid-June will only be for existing members (and not the free membership).

Well one good thing to come out of this is I don't have to walk three feet to get my Burnout Paradise disk.

Downloading Infamous 2 demo.

For those wondering the Welcome Back stuff won't get live for a couple of days, though.

Does that include the 30 days Plus membership?

Does that include the 30 days Plus membership?

Yes. Presumably you won't have to do anything to activate it, although obviously I don't know the specifics of how things are going to work; could be they'll mail a code.

Apparently the Welcome Back stuff is in final testing and is set for release on Friday, although don't be too surprised if that translates to early Saturday morning for Europe.

Good! One more question, because I'm not up to scratch with the Plus stuff: Do you keep games you bought with the Plus member discount once the membership expires?

I'm eying BG&E of course. ;)

Good! One more question, because I'm not up to scratch with the Plus stuff: Do you keep games you bought with the Plus member discount once the membership expires?

I'm eying BG&E of course. ;)

Games you buy (even with discounts) are kept after the membership expires.

It would be a pretty raw deal if you didn't.

Inclusive content theoretically expires alongside your subscription — although I've noticed quite a lot of things I've downloaded don't have expiry dates — but anything bought is yours indefinitely.

Well I've got Outland and No More Heroes demos downloading. Non-PS Plus members can't access that stuff yet. I love Robocod 2 one of my favourite games from the Amiga days so will give that a go.

Playstation blog has just tweeted and posted on facebook to say that the Welcome back package is in the final stages of testing and will be available to download very soon!

Where is Beyond Good & Evil :(

It's coming out next week. think I read it on eurogamer.

The next hack is at Sony Pictures.

From Gaf.

Greetings folks. We're LulzSec, and welcome to Sownage. Enclosed you will find various collections of data stolen from internal Sony networks and websites, all of which we accessed easily and without the need for outside support or money.

We recently broke into SonyPictures.com and compromised over 1,000,000 users' personal information, including passwords, email addresses, home addresses, dates of birth, and all Sony opt-in data associated with their accounts. Among other things, we also compromised all admin details of Sony Pictures (including passwords) along with 75,000 "music codes" and 3.5 million "music coupons".

Due to a lack of resource on our part (The Lulz Boat needs additional funding!) we were unable to fully copy all of this information, however we have samples for you in our files to prove its authenticity. In theory we could have takenevery last bit of information, but it would have taken several more weeks.

Our goal here is not to come across as master hackers, hence what we're about to reveal: SonyPictures.com was owned by a very simple SQL injection, one of the most primitive and common vulnerabilities, as we should all know by now. From a single injection, we accessed EVERYTHING. Why do you put such faith in a company that allows itself to become open to these simple attacks?

What's worse is that every bit of data we took wasn't encrypted. Sony stored over 1,000,000 passwords of its customers in plaintext, which means it's just a matter of taking it. This is disgraceful and insecure: they were asking for it.

This is an embarrassment to Sony; the SQLi link is provided in our file contents, and we invite anyone with the balls to check for themselves that what we say is true. You may even want to plunder those 3.5 million coupons while you can.

Included in our collection are databases from Sony BMG Belgium & Netherlands. These also contain varied assortments of Sony user and staffer information.

Follow our sexy asses on twitter to hear about our upcoming website. Ciao! ^_^

Our goal here is not to come across as master hackers

No, their goal is to come across as complete and utter c**ts.

Edit: Do SonyPictures.com even have a login system? It seems to be nothing but a site that links to film websites.

Edited by Cube

No, their goal is to come across as complete and utter c**ts.

In their twitter account they came across as having the mentality of 15-year old angry kids.

I'll wait for more news on this, might be they're only bluffing.

If they are not however, this is ridiculous. It's not that I have a beef with Sony, but if any company is storing sensitive data like passwords in plain text and uses a system open to SQL injection, that's downright careless and asking for something like this to happen.

For a general idea what SQL injection is, see xkcd.