NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I suspect The Last Guardian will skip this year's show. It doesn't come out until 2012 and we've TGS before then (and potentially another E3).

Hopefully Sony have quite a few surprises in store, but even if they don't it's a fair bet they should be unveiling some interesting third-party Vita titles. I also hope they give PSN games a bit of screen time, even if it's just a montage, as the service really deserves the exposure.

Yeah perhaps. I can't imagine there's all too much for them to be revealing, there's only so many first party resources. PSN games is a good shout, I certainly hope to see a few.

I'd just like one of those 'Oh no the diduunt!' moments.

Uncharted looks insane! And those physics!

Sound Fx seems massively improved.

Well done on the scenario design Naughty Dog!

Yeah Uncharted 3 looked absolutely unreal!

The 24" 3D split screen TV is brilliant, but I just wish it was 28"+.

I'm good with a 24" (for my room). My computer monitor is like 20" and it's definitely big enough. I suspect the price won't be right, though.

Been a while since we have seen Dust 514. Still being made in China? Looks very different.

Its a MMO FPS for those who arent aware. Sony getting exclusive is quite a big deal. hopefully it goes through concept into a product! Has any MMOFPS released yet?

PS VITA. $599.

Sony seem to be covering unique aspects of the new Nintendo console through the Vita interaction with PS3 ;)

Edited by Choze

Has any MMOFPS released yet?

Yes.

PS VITA. $599.

What?

Been a while since we have seen Dust 514. Still being made in China? Looks very different.

Its a MMO FPS for those who arent aware. Sony getting exclusive is quite a big deal. hopefully it goes through concept into a product! Has any MMOFPS released yet?

PS VITA. $599.

Sony seem to be covering unique aspects of the new Nintendo console through the Vita interaction with PS3 ;)

errr come again?

I was quite impressed with what bits of Sony I've seen so far.

Sony's content was great but their presentation was verging on painful.

The Vita is 250€ in Europe and 250$ in the US (Wifi version, 3G one is 50 more). Don't know what Choze is getting at. :rolleyes:

Sony's content was great but their presentation was verging on painful.

Infinity better than shitty twilight /mtv presentation that ms and nintendo do. i think apple and sony might be more down to earth but it makes a huge difference in impressions.

No, from a professional standpoint it was not great. Jack Tretton was the only speaker with standout oratory skills.

Although, yes definitely better than MS who are just embarrassing for the most part.

I feel that presentation wise Microsofts would have been better than Sonys if they'd had the content.

Im not a fan of the use of kids but at least the adults they used could all speak well enough and not in the dull tones we got from the Sony one. Im sure last years Sony conference was a lot better with the speakers as well.

Oratory skills or shitty overly staged MTV presentations?

Even if the MS execs have better oratory skills. I would prefer to listen to Balmer. These are press conferences from companies not MTV shows.

I feel that presentation wise Microsofts would have been better than Sonys if they'd had the content.

Im not a fan of the use of kids but at least the adults they used could all speak well enough and not in the dull tones we got from the Sony one. Im sure last years Sony conference was a lot better with the speakers as well.

Yeah, was definitely better last year. All the devs they picked to speak this year sounded really out of breath. I guess the exercise they got from walking to the stage really took it out of them.

Content is king though, so it's not that big a deal.

Yeah, was definitely better last year. All the debs they picked to speak this year sounded really out of breath. I guess the exercise they got from walking to the stage really took it out of them.

Its like how everyone makes fun of MS for trotting out as many minorities as they can in their conferences so Sony thought "Wait a minute, they're missing the fat nerdy ones, lets gather up as many as we can!"

Does anybody else have trouble with the save system in inFamous? Every time I go back to it, I seem to have to replay the last mission I did again. Even though I finished it properly, and got back to the city. I even did an actual save instead of using the auto one. There's no way I didn't finish the missions I was doing. This has happened twice now and it's pissing me off to the point that I don't feel like playing the game any more.

^ I think I remember that happening to me. I don't know why but every time I completed a main mission I did an easy side quest before quitting and that seemed to work.

Is that an issue with just the PSN version or also the disk version?

Well I had the disc version, so I'm guessing both.

And Zechs is unbelievable. I forget how... Zechs-like he is.

Was going to say '...Zechsy' but that would be wrong for obvious reasons.

He was sooooooo happy that the WiiU could play games my five-year-old Xbox and four-year-old PS3 can play. It's both tragic and pathetic.

Not to mention Sony have accidentally ended up with a similar set-up with the Vita.

First thing he did when he entered the chatroom was talk about sales. LOOOOOOL. Loser fanboy.

I'm left confused and underwhelmed. Not just by Nintendo but by gaming in general, I find it almost boring now. The banter is funny but as time progresses the number of fucks I give depletes.

You realise that people won't change and that consumers are magpies. And branding a fucking vulture.

Edit: I thought the tragic thing was that he pretended I cared or had some sort of problem with Nintendo becoming viable again. Not that they are now viable, they're once again catching up too late.

Edited by dwarf

I know. It's amazing how much he fails to understand how much I don't have a problem with Sony crashing and burning if they started making games I didn't like.

They're a massive corporation, I owe them nothing. They owe it to me to keep me interested. If they don't do that then arrivederci sucka.

Basically it was a real yawn of an E3. Microsoft were predictably dire (they're having massive internal conflicts). Sony announced pretty much everything pre-show and then felt a need to bore everyone with about a billion live demonstrations (OMG, thank you Nintendo for using videos). The Vita was thankfully without any real fault - I think it really delivered. Nintendo have the WiiU which I pretty much knew about a couple months ago and the best they can do is deliver the same games as our now relatively old consoles. It's going to be the same old where it takes Nintendo to get the ball rolling with their new console by which time it is only their games that sell.

Altogether it was pretty meh. Bar Vita but I'm pretty sure that's only because I want something shiny and new.

consumers are magpies.

Bar Vita but I'm pretty sure that's only because I want something shiny and new.

Lolol.

Basically from now I want every game to be like Journey on PSN, Sword and Sworcery for the iPad, and The Last Guardian. I want different. If games can't master narrative they can at least nail some emotion by keeping it short and sweet and by being arty.

Lower down the hierarchy lies Dark Souls, which is unique and atmospheric. It's its own thing but has the same sort of draws of similar past genres.

Then comes what I've been playing for years - modernised games. I'm becoming less interested in Uncharteds and Resistances but I still need my fix occasionally. I actually hope one day I won't care for them.

Everything else can get fucked, games suck.