NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

But it's being released nekst year. They need more than 6 or so months to build up the hype right? (unless you're talking about Vita, because this is the PS board after all...)

No, I'm being massively off topic. Also, less/no Nintendo fanboys here.

It was to just get it in the public eye but they really should have shown it with some actual game footage. It seems to have bit them in the butt as alot of people are confused as to what they watched and Nintendo's shares dropped to the lowest they have ever been in 5 years.

Surely, though, they could have gone about it differently. I remember with the Wii they alluded to it at E3 but then the big reveal was at TGS. That would have just made so much more sense to me. Still building a little hype but then actually having stuff to show, too. It's pretty much summed up by the whole Smash Bros being announced but there being absolutely no work having been done on it yet.

I just find it a little nonsensical, that's all. I think TGS would have been perfect for a full reveal.

They're actually just trolling Sony and Microsoft, tricking them into playing catch-up with something that doesn't exist. I mean "Wii U"? Can't believe you bought it, Daft.

BG&E is up:) With Plus you get it with reduced price!

BG&E is up:) With Plus you get it with reduced price!

ooooh awesome defintely gonna pick it up!

got my xbox360 on ebay at mo selling up and getting a ps3 instead. only ever played on a ps3 a handful of times and never owned a playstation console.

Anyone know best site to buy one from? i.e best deal

whats the best downloadable games for it in your opinion?

Not many bundle deals at the moment. GAME website has 320GB model with Killzone 3 and another pad for £250. Amazon have 160GB model by itself for £200.

whats the best downloadable games for it in your opinion?

You need to try Super Stardust HD.

cheers guys and ta HoT ill look at amazon next week :)

how much is ff7/ff8/ff9 on the ps1 store out of interest?

I believe they're £7.99 each, thanks to the traditional Square-Enix tax.

Yeah £7.99 rip off when compared to other old titles on the system. Would never pay that much for them....

How do I delete stuff from the PS3? Can you just delete game saves and downloads?

I've filled up my hard drive (I only have wipeout and infamous downloaded on it), need to download my other free game and I don't even have enough for the latest update.

It was filled ages ago and for some reason there were things on my game data that were huge. Can't remember what it was now but it was ridiculous and appeared pointless.

It was filled ages ago and for some reason there were things on my game data that were huge. Can't remember what it was now but it was ridiculous and appeared pointless.

You just press Triangle on the thing you want to delete then go to delete. Get rid of any old game data and you'll be fine. Oblivion was like 5 GB ::shrug:

Yeah £7.99 rip off when compared to other old titles on the system. Would never pay that much for them....

To be fair, they're some of the very best games the PS1 had to offer. Far better than most other (cheap) titles anyway.

FF7-8-9 are epic 3/4 disc games, with full playtimes above 60-80 hours. You get what you pay for on this one.

This is going to seem like a daft question but how do I sign a second person in on my PS3? Playing Dead Nation local co-op and I can't figure it out.

This is going to seem like a daft question but how do I sign a second person in on my PS3? Playing Dead Nation local co-op and I can't figure it out.

I don't think you can...

Well I think it depends on the game, a few i have read let you (no idea about Dead Nation).

Edited by Mike1988uk

You just press Triangle on the thing you want to delete then go to delete. Get rid of any old game data and you'll be fine. Oblivion was like 5 GB ::shrug:

Cheers, but I knew that. I just wondered if there was any way of looking exactly what's on the hardrive so i can see where I can delete stuff from. I have Wipeout and now dead nation on there. Other than that nothing of note just game saves. So I don;t know how to delete substantial stuff. Surely this isn't my hard drive used? Or is it?

Cheers, but I knew that. I just wondered if there was any way of looking exactly what's on the hardrive so i can see where I can delete stuff from. I have Wipeout and now dead nation on there. Other than that nothing of note just game saves. So I don;t know how to delete substantial stuff. Surely this isn't my hard drive used? Or is it?

What size hardrive have you got?

There is no easy way to see what is taking up for your memory. You will just have to go through each area of the console that takes up space. Themes, music, video, game saves, game data, games installed etc.

Don't want to sound dumn, but what's the difference between game saves and game data?

Don't want to sound dumn, but what's the difference between game saves and game data?

Saves = your progress in the game

Data = information installed that's either required to run the game or DLC.

What S.C.G said above.

If you have ever tried to play a game and it makes you wait while it installs, thats game data. Some games have quite a high requirement as well! I have just had a quick look at mine and MGS4 is 4GB for example.

Ive just been clearing some space on my hard drive, ended up deleting the DC Universe game data which was 15GBs