NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

You liked Saints Row 2.

Seriously though I want to play it, the demo was fun. Just gonna wait a while for price drop methinks. Then hold out for Resistance 3, and then be disappointed by it.

And then it'll be time for Dark Souls, which will kick everyone in the cunt.

Edited by dwarf
spelt 'then' wrong

I might have gotten Infamous 2, if;

A) I had a PS3.

B) I had a job.

I still might have done even if these two fulfilments were fixed, but can't now because;

C) Uncharted 3 Beta is out in a week or two.

So yeah. Thats my PS3 gaming for the next two years.

You liked Saints Row 2.

Lies!

I didn't like Saints Row 2, I fucking LOVED Saints Row 2.

I might have gotten Infamous 2, if;

A) I had a PS3.

B) I had a job.

I still might have done even if these two fulfilments were fixed, but can't now because;

C) Uncharted 3 Beta is out in a week or two.

So yeah. Thats my PS3 gaming for the next two years.

A) and B) aren't mutually exclusive though aye? You lazy comic sloth. :heart: Sloths.

And Daft, I pity thee

Here's my impression of Daft:

"This is the best game ever!" *Plays another game* "This is the best game ever!" *Plays another game* "This is the best game ever!"

Comparing wildly different games from wildly different genres is pretty pointless, anyway. Can't they both be great in different ways? Though I haven't played inFAMOUS 2 yet (next week, hopefully), so I can't say for sure that it's great. :heh:

Ha!

Good one.

Here's my impression of Daft: "Blagh blagh... oh blaghy blagh blagh..."

I'm not that good at impressions.

Don't drag me in with those cretin's.

Here is my impression of Daft.

Saints Row 2, Infamous 2 etc.

Do me, do me.

Infamous 2 is amazing though. I'm at a particular point where things are going down and I am actually worried for the characters, which doesn't happen often enough in games.

Don't drag me in with those cretin's.

Here is my impression of Daft.

Saints Row 2, Infamous 2 etc.

Do me, do me.

pollenatemyface.cumrag.1.jpg

That's a cum rag.

I never knew you could play burnt DVDs through remote play! Sat in bed watching shows off iTunes on disc. Also you can watch iplayer great way to get watch it whilst I'm in Canada over the summer!

Finally decided to get my Welcome back pack, very late to the party. I got Little Big Planet and Ratchet & Clank :D

I've been playing inFAMOUS through the WBP. I had borrowed it and given it a quick go a while back but dropped it unforgivingly due to some clunky dated features. I remember particularly noting that in one of the very first cutscenes, when you first meet Zeke, Cole's powers start going haywire. There are all these police just metres away, but they just stand there, completely frozen. Their faces don't react at all, despite this exploding lightning-man next to them. Shortly after that I got the "you're always getting shot from miles away" annoyance, and dropped it like it was hot.

Now that it's free though, I've given it another try and I'm enjoying it much more. They really screwed up a lot of things, especially the AI of the NPCs, oh lord. I was doing the mission where you head into the tunnel to stop the tar stuff being pumped into the fountain. And civilians just kept running away, but into the tunnel, into gunfire. My eyes rolled so hard I nearly fell over. Then there's the cover and health systems, you never feel particularly invincible, despite being able to survive dropping from any height.

It's a good game though, the powers and movement are fun. Climbing about is nowhere near as fluid as it is with Ezio Auditore, but still works very well, and electro-grinding is great. The good/evil paths are typically dumb, reminding me of KotOR.

"I could defuse this bomb, or I could just let it go off and kill loads of people..."

"I could rescue this person, or I could go drown a box of kittens".

I definitely feel that a lot of its shortcomings are down to age (it's pre-trophies, after all!) and am sure I would love inFAMOUS 2.

One thing though, this game is a total ripoff of Prototype! Honestly they've stolen almost everything about that game.

trollface.png

InFamous isn't pre-Trophies. Are you not unlocking any for some reason?

The second is more of the same, to be honest. Not to say it isn't improved — visually it's a step up, the story's better presented, there's greater variety to the missions and no longer do 2000 guys shoot at you from the rooftops whenever you try to get anywhere — but fundamentally it's a very familiar experience with some of the same annoyances; I wish they'd dial back Cole's ability to home in on ledges, or at least let me disable it by holding down jump or something.

InFamous 2 is a better game and there's no reason you wouldn't get a lot out of it you liked the first, but it's not quite the jump in quality that we saw between the Uncharted games.

I haven't received any trophies ;_; so I just assumed.... Or at least, there haven't been any notifications.

Yes the lock on thing is a pain, although I think holding circle will stop that?

Haha, Shorty sucks so much at the game that he can't even get the unavoidable trophies! :p

Prototype sucks, by the way.

Ah actually, just looked at my PSN profile online and I have LOADS of trophies.

I only have 4, and 3 of them are from the first time I played it over a year ago ;_;

I really don't get infamous, at all. I played the first one for 4 or 5 hours and it bored me out of my mind... I mean, yeah, it's all very competent and pretty, but it just felt so soulless. I was just playing for the sake of playing. Just tried the second one... and it felt exactly the same. =/ I really do not get this type of game, to be honest...

Come on, it's just... there. I can't imagine it leaving a lasting impression on anyone. It just felt like a complete waste of time to me. =/

The first Infamous takes forever to get started. It only really shines near the end.

Infamous 2 starts like the first ends and gets better. The game's flow is immense, absolutely stand out.

I enjoyed it a lot. But then I also think Mass Effect is utter tripe. Take from that what you will.

I agree that it's a little empty, but then I actually find it fun trying to 100% things and complete multiple missions which are repetitive other than a slightly stacking difficulty level (probably why I liked the first AC so much). The checkpoint race missions are fun, the grinding travel is good and the powers are wicked. There's not much more to it than that, admittedly, but if you can find fun just pummelling the buttons, blowing up cars and mashing in faces, there's a lasting appeal to be found.

On the first one I'm mostly just getting pissed off with how often I'm being attacked. I'll turn a corner and suddenly a turret will have spawned, 3 people will be shooting me from a rooftop half a mile away and a crowd of bin-liner wearing cronies will have just fallen out of the sky.

The first Infamous takes forever to get started. It only really shines near the end.

Infamous 2 starts like the first ends and gets better. The game's flow is immense, absolutely stand out.

I enjoyed it a lot. But then I also think Mass Effect is utter tripe. Take from that what you will.

Not a huge Mass Effect fan, to be honest. I liked it, but always thought it was overated. This whole generation is mostly hot air.

Would you kindly was the only OMG moment so far in all the current gen games I've played. And the end of Braid.

Demon's Souls to me was a revelation. To me it almost represented the underside of an ancient rock, for no discernible reason it reminded me of text adventures.

Text adventures are the way forward, they just need that better level of interactivity. Can't defeat good writing.

In fact online gaming has been this generation's shock really. It's close to being seamless and it's a helluva lot of fun and way more accessible than before.