NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

For a second I thought he meant Twilight Princess. I'm relieved.

indeed, A man who makes a shit game who likes a shit book makes more sense then a man who would enjoy and love great games and make great games himself :heh:

indeed, A man who makes a shit game who likes a shit book makes more sense then a man who would enjoy and love great games and make great games himself :heh:

That doesn't really makes sense. A lot of people love the utter tripe that is Harry Potter yet...no wait, maybe you're right.

Ok, kinda miffed. Bought the official headset and just cannot get it to work with Home :(

You're supposed to hold R2 and talk right? I get the sound on the mic screen and every other game works fine - it's just HOME that doesn't.

Does voice work only function when EVERY avatar, detail has been loaded in? I've waited for hours in some areas and still nothing.

Well miffed as I love Home and got the Headset for this too.

They did disable voicechat in HOME at one point due to abuse...not sure they ever reinstated it...I'm that far behind on HOME things not sure what happened with it all...

I thought you could only use voice by making 'calls'. Choosing the person and then calling them. Probably wrong.

So I just got all the Trophies in Tekken, and now I'm just waiting for Modern Warfare 2 to drop through my letterbox. So I need a game to fill the time inbetween. Any suggestions? I'm not looking for Fallout 3 epicness, just something that will occupy me for a few days.....

Maybe one of the more obscure PSN/XBLA titles?

I would suggest Crash Commando but you may have that already. It's good fun for a few days.

So I just got all the Trophies in Tekken, and now I'm just waiting for Modern Warfare 2 to drop through my letterbox. So I need a game to fill the time inbetween. Any suggestions? I'm not looking for Fallout 3 epicness, just something that will occupy me for a few days.....

id suggest wet if your looking to fill a couple of days, its fun in a mindless way. probs still expensive though.

Dirt 2 - it's fucking ace, I rented it and will deffo be picking it up.

I would suggest Crash Commando but you may have that already. It's good fun for a few days.

Bought it when it got released, fun for an hour, but I quicky got bored.

id suggest wet if your looking to fill a couple of days, its fun in a mindless way. probs still expensive though.

You know, I quite fancy Wet, I downloaded the demo and just thought 'meh'. But looking back, if you take it for what it is, I reckon it would be a blast.

Dirt 2 - it's fucking ace, I rented it and will deffo be picking it up.

Something about Dirt 2 is putting me off. I think its the 'Americanised' presentation. That shit just winds me up, I prefer a more clean euro look like Gran Turismo or Forza 3.

I see you've been playing RockBand: The Beatles, I'm very tempted to get that.

Beatles is incredible.

You've sold your Wii now haven't you Mat? There's a few WiiWare games I'd recommend if you haven't. New Lost Winds for one.

Beatles is incredible.

You've sold your Wii now haven't you Mat? There's a few WiiWare games I'd recommend if you haven't. New Lost Winds for one.

I have, and I regret it after playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom. sigh.

GAME have got Beatles for £25 in-store. Its either that or Wet I think.

Would u not be interested in the new ratchet and clank out this friday? Or u not really into that kinda game?

Would u not be interested in the new ratchet and clank out this friday? Or u not really into that kinda game?

I think that may be a bit epic for a timefiller. If I got it on Friday it would only leave me the weekend to play it until MW2 is released. Whereas something like Wet is just mindlessly shooting people, I would probably get bored after a few days.......which is what I want.

The Bad Company 2 Beta is PS3 exclusive:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/11/battlefield-bad-company-2-incoming-multiplayer-ps3-beta/

Hopefully retailers in Canada will be giving out the Beta codes when you pre-order the game, with my luck, it will be limited to the US.

Edit:

Gamestop's online store apparently ships to Canada (I guess this is because the canadian branch (known still as EB Games) doesn't have an online store), so I'll just pre-order this from there.

Edited by Emasher

I just played some Valkyria Chronicles 2 before and everything I said about that game I take it all back... apart from the new graphical/anime style they're using.

I really cannot wait for it to be released now, the battle system is the same, controls felt solid but will take some getting used to when controlling the camera aswell as the character. Graphics in game (not cutscenes, etc) were as good as you can expect from a PSP game.

I say again, I can't wait for this to come out.

I'd suck at it without a guide. And the idea of a strategy guide for a PSP game sounds stupid to me..

Is that aimed at my post?

A guide for Valkyria Chronicles? Why the hell would you need a guide for that game? One of the easiest games to play and figure out as you go along.

Is that aimed at my post?

A guide for Valkyria Chronicles? Why the hell would you need a guide for that game? One of the easiest games to play and figure out as you go along.

Yes it was and not for me it isn't. It's the first strategy game I seriously played and I was a total mess at it:sad:

There aren't really any games on the system that I'm really looking forward to. That could be good in order to prevent me getting hyped but the following list highlights games that I'd consider buying (some released, some not) yet I'm not experiencing any anticipation.

Gran Turismo 5 (completed version)

Tekken 6

rachet and clank: CiT

God of War 3

Heavy Rain

Modern Warfare 2

Bioshock 2

MAG

Yakuza 3

The Last Guardian

Red Dead Revolver

The Agent

Assasins Creed 2

ModNation Racers

Demons Souls

Battlefield BC 2

Fifa 10

3D Dot Game Heroes

Dirt 2

Valkyria Chronicles

There's some quality stuff in there, but nothing's grabbing me by the scrotum. Not sure what game would tbh, there's enough variety in there. A Resistance 3 screenshot might have that affect, or an insane platform game.

Tbh if I had a PSP Go I'd be looking forward to Echoshift just as much as God of War III.

Thinking of cheap games I could buy that didn't grab much attention before Christmas. Fear 2 is a candidate.

I only get hyped for games a couple days before they come out now. I didn't even want MW2 but I'm quite excited for it now.