NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

When did you get your system S.Cookie? Was it after E3 this year, and have you got a huud tuuv?

Actually, I've got one since launchperiod, some 2,5 years ago. And yep, I've got a HD telly. A rather big one. Some might say too big for my humble livingroom, but than again, what do they know, eh; ;)

I thought uncharted was friday?

And you thought right, my friend. If all shops were honest and didn't sell mature games to kids, gave fair prices for secondhand games, didn't fool people into shabby preorder-offers and respected the streetdates, it'd be friday. But since most stores don't care about any of that, they just put them on the shelves as soon as they arrive.

I remember several Wii-launchparties cancelled overhere, just because the bloody thing was already available everywhere anyway. Defies the whole purpose of launch-parties, really. A bit of a shame, such an anticlimax. But then again, you could play Wii two days earlier than planned.

Edited by Strange Cookie

No one buy .detuned. Utterly pointless. More so than Linger in the Shadows.

Blimey thats saying something.

What is it?

Utter crap. It's meant to be a kind of experimental thing that messes with music. What it is is a lame sceensaver that isn't a screensaver.

Played NFS: Shift online today, I won all 3 races and 1 I had a huge crash but still took the checkered flag 2 turns from the end. 1 everyone left before the game began and I just won a 4 person race. I only play on easy too so it perplexes me how i haven't played any challenging opponents yet.

Played NFS: Shift online today, I won all 3 races and 1 I had a huge crash but still took the checkered flag 2 turns from the end. 1 everyone left before the game began and I just won a 4 person race. I only play on easy too so it perplexes me how i haven't played any challenging opponents yet.

I had a similar experience...

Anyway in other news won myself a new sealed platinum copy of Rachet and Clank Tools of Destruction for just £8 bargain!!!

I guess I'm right near the end of inFamous and I'm enjoying it quite a lot now. Took an AGE to get going.

The bit where Trish died was good. I opted to try save her. (I went back and tried the other option to see what would happen and it was disappointing to see eactly the same thing happened.)

I guess I'm right near the end of inFamous and I'm enjoying it quite a lot now. Took an AGE to get going.

The bit where Trish died was good. I opted to try save her. (I went back and tried the other option to see what would happen and it was disappointing to see eactly the same thing happened.)

I agree that it was unfair to have the same results either way, but it was needed for the story.

very glad a sequel is coming out, lots of potential to expand upon.

I wanted to watch Trish faceplant.

What happened to pre-ordering games at £29.99? Trying to find Borderlands for this price but the best I've seen is £35.

I wanted to watch Trish faceplant.

What happened to pre-ordering games at £29.99? Trying to find Borderlands for this price but the best I've seen is £35.

sign of the times....retailers even online can't offer the kinda deals they once did, need to charge more to make more!

It sucks ass doesn't it? That extra fiver means a lot to me even if it's partly just psychological. Give me another Lethargic Gamers episode, and give me a mention for being your number 1 fan, because I am!

Not as obsessive as the Flight of the Concords fan but still, a fan.

It sucks ass doesn't it? That extra fiver means a lot to me even if it's partly just psychological. Give me another Lethargic Gamers episode, and give me a mention for being your number 1 fan, because I am!

Not as obsessive as the Flight of the Concords fan but still, a fan.

MEL?! She is a freaky fan! Err...there is another episode on the way sometime...

I know what you mean about the psychological price barrier...It's like when downloadable games are over a £5 people are a bit like woah...then when its over £10 its like no way.

Sorry to keep coming in here from time to time and asking questions but I have to ask about headsets. I don't have one yet for my PS3 even though I have played online quite a bit and I'm looking to get one, especially if I'm going to be playing Uncharted 2 with some of you (hopefully) so when it comes to the headsets, which is the best to go for or does it not really matter? And I presume they all come with a charger

Sorry to keep coming in here from time to time and asking questions but I have to ask about headsets. I don't have one yet for my PS3 even though I have played online quite a bit and I'm looking to get one, especially if I'm going to be playing Uncharted 2 with some of you (hopefully) so when it comes to the headsets, which is the best to go for or does it not really matter? And I presume they all come with a charger

without a question of a doubt the official sony one is by far and away the best...I mean a lot of us on here used to use Jabra headsets but when people use them you can really hear the difference, the clarity isn't a patch on the official one.

without a question of a doubt the official sony one is by far and away the best...I mean a lot of us on here used to use Jabra headsets but when people use them you can really hear the difference, the clarity isn't a patch on the official one.

This^

Its got some high quality shizzle mode thats like a million times clearer or something.

This^

Its got some high quality shizzle mode thats like a million times clearer or something.

Agreed, the shizzle mode kicks ass.

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can track one down when out later. May or may not be successful given that all the stores around here seem to be lackign severely in accessories for the consoles. Had to ask the guy at the counter in Gamestation yesterday for a HDMI cable and he had to go into the back to get one.

They were on offer in Game when I just popped into town. Might be worth checking if you have one near by.

Were you guys joking about this shizzle mode or is there something I don't know about them?

(I gather it won't actually be called a "shizzle" mode) ;)

Were you guys joking about this shizzle mode or is there something I don't know about them?

(I gather it won't actually be called a "shizzle" mode) ;)

Apparently, the official sony one uses 'HQ mode'. I'm not sure of the exact tech behind it, but I think it uses a little more Bandwidth and better compression techniques.