NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Man, should I get Valkyria Chronicles or Motorstorm Pacific rift first?

Motorstorm 2 - you can get it for under £20 online - also the DLC for it is awesome.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is also less than £20 in stores as well. Think it's now either £17.99 or £19.99 new but you can get it slightly cheaper if you don't mind a pre-owned copy.

Well GAME had it for £20, unfortunately they were sold out (Though naturally at that price).

With my income I probably will get Motorstorm first anyway, but if i heard Valkyria Chronicles was better i would have splashed out a little.

Dunno if its been posted but we are getting new boxart styles for PS3 games. I noticed this is tesco today with Brutal Legend. Can't find a pic of that but here is one of PES 2010:

pes2010ps3box.jpg

The new PS3 logo was also on the spine....annoying means all new games will look different spine on in your collection...

Pacific Rift was strange as the level of enjoyment you can have from the game alternates with each session. Sometimes it's brilliant, sometimes it's average. Definitely worth getting though, especially for that sort of price.

Lovely. Pretty much ruined inFamous for myself. My girlfriend played yesterday, and when I came to play her save loaded (which always annoys me about this game) and then I went to load my save while half asleep and ended up saving over my save, which was at nearly 50%. Feel just gutted really, and right now, like I don't ever want to play it again :p

Lovely. Pretty much ruined inFamous for myself. My girlfriend played yesterday, and when I came to play her save loaded (which always annoys me about this game) and then I went to load my save while half asleep and ended up saving over my save, which was at nearly 50%. Feel just gutted really, and right now, like I don't ever want to play it again :p

Use seperate profiles.

Use seperate profiles.

I know right, what an idiot, all he has to do is go back in time and make seperate profiles, it's so simple.

Man, should I get Valkyria Chronicles or Motorstorm Pacific rift first?

Valkyria may be harder to find at a cheaper price. It is a masterpiece of a game.

I know right, what an idiot, all he has to do is go back in time and make seperate profiles, it's so simple.

He wasn't talking in the Past Tense. He said "Use seperate profiles", as in, from now on use seperate profiles. He didn't say "You should have used seperate profiles". So your lame attempt at sarcasm is fail.

Yeah, while I'm on my way there I think I'll go back to the point where I saved over my game and say "WAKE UP!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!'

It made sense to me...

He said he doesn't want to play anymore, having seperate files from now on won't make a difference.

Slowly working my way through LBP, really enjoyable. The levels are so fun to play and am impressed with the user content too. Stephen Fry is awesome too. Need to make myself time to create my own level though before I get PES on Friday. Is anyone getting PES 2010 btw? I don't want to turn this into a PES v Fifa, will just be good to have some matches with fellow N-Europe members :)

Slowly working my way through LBP, really enjoyable. The levels are so fun to play and am impressed with the user content too. Stephen Fry is awesome too. Need to make myself time to create my own level though before I get PES on Friday. Is anyone getting PES 2010 btw? I don't want to turn this into a PES v Fifa, will just be good to have some matches with fellow N-Europe members :)

Not wanting to turn this into a FIFA - PES showdown either but I think most of us who are going to get a footie game plumped for FIFA.

Thanks for the opinions guys, but guess what?

Gamestation have both preowned in a 2 for £30 offer so if they still have both games by Friday I'll be able to get both.

Well here is where i get skeptical, I bought Kirby Superstar Ultra on e-bay for what i thought was a steal at £9.99. Turned out to be bootleg which came in a case and with a rather crummy instruction manual. So I'd probably go for more realistic prices.

Ah right, fair enough. In other news my Playstation is fixed and had been returned to the g.parents pick up house, but I don't think I can collect it til Friday. Fook.

At least Uncharted 2 should be here at the same time roughly.

What would you guys consider to be a normal range for download speed on PSN? Im trying to figure out if the sluggishness is on my end or if the PSN is just inherently slow

So Valkyria Chronicles doesn't support trophies?

Not that it matters but it would have been nice.

Fraid not. There was a petition on it, but hasn't gone anywhere. Take comfort in knowing if there is a third game on PS3, that will definately have trophies.

Semi Sony related I've just finished the latest episode of Lethargic Gamers Show about 3 quarters of a way through it there is an Infamous joke advert I made!