NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Anyone know if you can sign up for a PSN account online (not through the PS3) and get the free Transformers download? My Dad just bought a PS3 but it's for Christmas :P

Yeah you can, although I am not sure if it properly activates until you sign in with the PS3.

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/

Is the price of the HD version the same as the SD? Because on XBL it isn't. Or at least it wasn't last time I checked.

I cant speak for there, but in the US store , HD rentals are $2 more and buying is usually $5 more

UK gets Resident Evil 5 'Gold Edition'. So not DLC for us?

The BBFC ratings board has recently put up an entry for Resident Evil 5 'Gold Edition' which reveals the following content :

RESIDENT EVIL 5 (GOLD EDITION)

LOST IN NIGHTMARES (NEW LEVEL)

DESPERATE ESCAPE (NEW LEVEL)

THE MERCENARIES REUNION (NEW GAME MODE)

ADDITIONAL COSTUME PACK 1

ADDITIONAL COSTUME PACK 2

ADDITIONAL FIGURINE PACK

costume_f_pic_02_l.jpg

costume_f_pic_01_l.jpg

merce_f_pic_01_l.jpg

merce_f_pic_02_l.jpg

Edited by Dante

I think the new update makes the friend list even shitter. The colour option is good but only having the profile box appear for the ID you're highlighting just looks wrong somehow. Probably because it makes the rest of the friends list seem washed out and distant.

And I can't update my profile as an error occurs, so I am unable to change the colour of it.

I actually think the whole updating process is very unprofessional. The updates are infrequent, don't add much, yet the thing needs a serious revamp and allow you to customise the XMB further. Like having a whole TV section with just a weblink for iPlayer. Just looks and is unfinished.

Seperate the friend boxes slightly and make them smaller? Plus your ID should be distinguished from your friends list. Just minor things that add up to be irritating.

Edited by dwarf

No option to make XMB icons smaller or to switch off the background blur makes me a sad panda.

I think the new update makes the friend list even shitter. The colour option is good but only having the profile box appear for the ID you're highlighting just looks wrong somehow. Probably because it makes the rest of the friends list seem washed out and distant.

And I can't update my profile as an error occurs, so I am unable to change the colour of it.

I actually think the whole updating process is very unprofessional. The updates are infrequent, don't add much, yet the thing needs a serious revamp and allow you to customise the XMB further. Like having a whole TV section with just a weblink for iPlayer. Just looks and is unfinished.

Seperate the friend boxes slightly and make them smaller? Plus your ID should be distinguished from your friends list. Just minor things that add up to be irritating.

Hmmm interesting will have to see when I get home...I've watched the video and thought it looked alright...

By comparing trophies I managed to get the thing to 100% sync. Even though before after failing it still had my trophies updated when it stopped, it was still annoying and wouldn't let me get onto my profile.

Have done now and the colour change is a monumental addition. Amazing Sony!

By comparing trophies I managed to get the thing to 100% sync. Even though before after failing it still had my trophies updated when it stopped, it was still annoying and wouldn't let me get onto my profile.

Have done now and the colour change is a monumental addition. Amazing Sony!

so trophy sync is back up? good been trying to get my MW2 and Beatles RB trophies synced.

Edit2: The first link was the wrong link, look a few posts down for the real one.

Edit: The NA beta isn't up until tonight, so I just ended up making a UK PSN account and getting a new code from this site. So I'll just go back to my main account once its downloaded as this apparently works.

Edited by Emasher

No, The code worked, I'm downloading it now!

NVM, I posted the wrong link. I'll have the real link up in a moment. The link I posted before actually was a scam.

http://www.esl.eu/de/bfbc2/beta

Edited by Emasher

15 minutes and counting on the update. The progress? 2%. Fuck that noise. I could have updated a room full of Xbox's in that time.

So much for playing Borderlands tonight, looks like Forza 3 then.

Edit: 3%

Took me 15 minutes to download the update.

Way too long.

F*cking trophies won't sync. I quite like syncing them...when it f*cking works.

Also, the rentals a £1 too much. If they were cheaper then I'd probably rent quite a lot. As it is, no thanks. Maybe once in a while.

No, The code worked, I'm downloading it now!

NVM, I posted the wrong link. I'll have the real link up in a moment. The link I posted before actually was a scam.

http://www.esl.eu/de/bfbc2/beta

What a waste of time, just signed up and all that, just gave me an abvious 3 digit number. It said the key would also send to my email. Same code obviously, but it's unusable clearly.

Don't understand that.

Reboot and it reappears.

Tried that because thats what happened last time and its not reappeared...

Actually do the proper turn off at the back. Should work. If not then try tomorrow and it'll probably be there.

Actually do the proper turn off at the back. Should work. If not then try tomorrow and it'll probably be there.

Yeah done a "hard" reboot turning off at the back...will just leave it for now

What a waste of time, just signed up and all that, just gave me an abvious 3 digit number. It said the key would also send to my email. Same code obviously, but it's unusable clearly.

Don't understand that.

Rotten luck there. I wonder if the codes were all gone.

So the PS3 controller doesn't charge when connected to the console while it's off...

So I connected it to my PC and it's flashing.

Is it charging?

So the PS3 controller doesn't charge when connected to the console while it's off...

So I connected it to my PC and it's flashing.

Is it charging?

Yes it is.

I often charge mine from my laptop, which sits next to me. So I can still play and charge at the same time without sitting close to the TV.

Yes it is.

I often charge mine from my laptop, which sits next to me. So I can still play and charge at the same time without sitting close to the TV.

...why didn't I know that? Well, cool :D

Still waiting for cross game voice chat -_-

Picked up Dirt 2 for £15 off a mate today. He started off asking for £25 but I carefully wormed it down to that awesome level.

Don't really feel like playing it at the moment though, will go for a spin anyway. The replays sold it to me.

Picked up Dirt 2 for £15 off a mate today. He started off asking for £25 but I carefully wormed it down to that awesome level.

Don't really feel like playing it at the moment though, will go for a spin anyway. The replays sold it to me.

I'm jealous - I rented this and love it, I'm waiting for the price to drop before buying it. Loved the controls in the game - the cars have a nice weighty feel to them when you powerslide around corners.