NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Transference is a tad strong. I think the reason some people give a shit can be attributed to recognition. You have you're achievements written down for future reference - It's nice to know that one day will come* where someone will unexpectedly jump out at you to quiz you're trophy abilities, and you will be able to provide evidence proving that you've got something in your locker.

*This unintentionally turned into a joke post highlighting the pointlessness of them again.

I've toned down in the Trophy whoring now. I'm even at 91% in ACII but can't really be arsed to get the last one or two Trophies. I would not have done that 3 months ago. I would have sat at my TV, playing until I had every last one of them. They are probably "floating in and out of my perception of importance" as DG puts it.

Having said that, I'm close to Platinum on MW2 and I know I will get it. So maybe its more about the game.....

I'm thinking of getting a few PS1 games, but the memory stick I currently have is full (only 32MB). Where's the cheapest place to get a decent sized one?

Well you definitely will get that ACII platinum, stop kidding yourself.

Maybe when they float back into my perception of importance?

For Iphone and touch users, a free app that lets you send your pictures over to the PS3 for viewing/copy etc. Wireless in XMB. :grin:

Its called iMediaShare

iMediaShare - If you have a PS3 or other UPnP device, you might be interested in pushing images wirelessly from your iPhone to it with this app. With this you can not only view images on your TV, but you can download them to devices like the PS3.

http://www.appletell.com/apple/comment/free-apps-roundup-for-november-13th-2009/

Works pretty well for me. Its one of the features that i was worried about not having when i got an iPhone!

For Iphone and touch users, a free app that lets you send your pictures over to the PS3 for viewing/copy etc. Wireless in XMB. :grin:

Its called iMediaShare

http://www.appletell.com/apple/comment/free-apps-roundup-for-november-13th-2009/

Works pretty well for me. Its one of the features that i was worried about not having when i got an iPhone!

meh seems alright...I'm getting an iphone in the next month or so so will probably download it but its not exactly an amazing killer app!

meh seems alright...I'm getting an iphone in the next month or so so will probably download it but its not exactly an amazing killer app!

Thing is it saves the hassle of plugging in a wire, which you probably wont carry. It like the wifi cameras which let you view pics without wires on the PS3. Handy when you need it or need ot do a quick slideshow. Now only if the Iphone camera were better :p

In other news. Yakuza 3 is coming to Europe on Disk! Sometime Marchish.

Thing is it saves the hassle of plugging in a wire, which you probably wont carry. It like the wifi cameras which let you view pics without wires on the PS3. Handy when you need it or need ot do a quick slideshow. Now only if the Iphone camera were better :p

In other news. Yakuza 3 is coming to Europe on Disk! Sometime Marchish.

ketchup.gif

I'm thinking of getting a few PS1 games, but the memory stick I currently have is full (only 32MB). Where's the cheapest place to get a decent sized one?

You really have to keep looking in fliers for electronics stores and wait for stuff like that to go on sale. It happens often enough that its worth waiting.

Play.com sell 8GB cards for £25. They are ~£75 instore in some places. Play.com dropped them to £17.99 at one point if you want to try waiting and see if they do it again.

PSP GO £148.99 today only at HMV.com if anyone is interested.

Anyone?

Somebody might buy one now that it's only 20% above what the RRP should have been.

Oh, it's back to £200 on there. Cracking stuff.

Edited by dwarf

Play.com sell 8GB cards for £25. They are ~£75 instore in some places. Play.com dropped them to £17.99 at one point if you want to try waiting and see if they do it again.

Thats a Mark 2 you could get standard ones for cheaper. Mark 2 would give you faster load times.

Bear in mind you can also get M2 and just use adaptors to Pro Duo. Which is cheaper and compatible with PSP Go.

Are people still having issues with syncing trophies? I'm still not able to do it, havn't even been able to change the colour of my profile!

Assassins Creed 2 + Batman The Dark Knight Blu Ray bundle deal for £30 at shopto

Bargain imo.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/03/gt-academy-2010-launches-december-17th-with-downloadable-time-trial/

GT Academy 2010 launching on PSN just before christmas. Contains a sections of a GT5 track to time trial. Note, not full lap.

This is a competition open to every PS3 users just download it when its out. the last winner is kind of famous and a successful driver. SO it should be interesting to see how people do.

To enter the Academy racers will have to post their best overall leaderboard times negotiating a specially created section of a new Gran Turismo 5 circuit. This best time will be a composite of two separate runs – one with the tuned vehicle and the other with the non-tuned version.

You will have the opportunity to keep refining your overall best time from the launch of the demo right up until the close of this time trial stage at 24.00 CET on 24th January 2010

FPS games should have R1/L1 aim and shoot. Not, like Call of Duty Classic, R2/L2. It just screams of shoddy Xbox port.

Just thought I would share my thoughts with you.

Assassins Creed 2 + Batman The Dark Knight Blu Ray bundle deal for £30 at shopto

Bargain imo.

Links nao, I can't see it. On it's own it's showing up as £36, which I was gonna order. So if I can save £6 and get TDK on Blu-Ray for free, I'll be having some of that.

Links nao, I can't see it. On it's own it's showing up as £36, which I was gonna order. So if I can save £6 and get TDK on Blu-Ray for free, I'll be having some of that.

It's not there anymore...

Product Page

If you go there it now says;

Sorry, this product no longer exists in our database.

There is a pick of the two together

PS3AS05.jpg

FPS games should have R1/L1 aim and shoot. Not, like Call of Duty Classic, R2/L2. It just screams of shoddy Xbox port.

Just thought I would share my thoughts with you.

After attempting to play Lost Planet, I fully agree.

Anybody wanting to get in on the Modnation Racers beta can register their interest HERE

can you use EU PSN or will I have to use my US one?

nevermind its just an email submission at this point having entered.