NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

If anyone still needs a code, I've got a spare US one, the first person to PM me for it gets it.

Edit: Its been claimed.

Edited by Emasher

I've been offered a used PSP by someone my mum works with with. It's an original model I think (serial says PSP-1003), and it comes with GTA: Liberty City Stories, MediEvil Resurrection, Pro Evo 5, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Wipeout Pure, and a Hitch UMD. They're asking for £50 - is it worth it?

I've been offered a used PSP by someone my mum works with with. It's an original model I think (serial says PSP-1003), and it comes with GTA: Liberty City Stories, MediEvil Resurrection, Pro Evo 5, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Wipeout Pure, and a Hitch UMD. They're asking for £50 - is it worth it?

Have you played and completed Mother 3 on a portable yet?

If your answer is no, then my answer is yes!

Cool, I'll go for it. I probably won't keep most of those games (GTA's movement felt sort of fiddly, but I hear Wipeout's pretty good), I'm guessing I won't get too much for them from GAME?

Also, just got Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops for free from a friend. Loving the cutscenes, but again I'm finding the movement and controls in general a little fiddly...

One more thing - what's the difference between my PSP and the current models (3000?), as I heard they're faster and have a few other benefits?

Have you played and completed Mother 3 on a portable yet?

If your answer is no, then my answer is yes!

Elaborate!

The 1000 doesnt have such a good screen etc, but it can be custom firmware'd so it's probably worth it anyway. If you're not intending on firmwareing it you might find someone willing to swap for a 2000 or 3000.

In fact I might consider it, I have a late model 2000 that is resistant to CFW.

The 1000 doesnt have such a good screen etc, but it can be custom firmware'd so it's probably worth it anyway. If you're not intending on firmwareing it you might find someone willing to swap for a 2000 or 3000.

In fact I might consider it, I have a late model 2000 that is resistant to CFW.

What's CFW? And I installed the firmware update earlier, but I guess I can delete it/restore to factory settings? (2000 is Slim & Lite right? So many questions, I don't really have a clue when it comes to the PSP!)

CFW I assume is custom firmware i.e he can't do it on his PSP

Bad Company 2 is still really fun. I find myself using one gun in particular, submachine type thing (XMBC or sumut) combining that with the anti-take proximities, better slugs and another perk, I'm a bit of a powerhouse. Great game.

The UAVs are bloody insane. Using tanks is awesome. Man I'm sorry but I really am rating this.

Edited by dwarf

Elaborate!

Mother 3 is the sequel to Earth Bound (SNES), but you probably knew that already.

Anyway, in case you didn't know, Mother 3 (GBA) was only released in Japan.

So some people with a lot of time on there hand, decided to make a fan translation patch for the Mother 3 ROM.

The PSP has a GBA emulator, however it can only be run on PSP's with custom firmware.

As you've already upgraded your PSP's firmware, installing Custom Firmware might be more problematic.

If you want answers, then I suggest you look on youtube and Google, for something called Pandora's Battery.

By the way, this is all totally worth it, because Mother 3 is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Played it right to the end and I don't complete many games now a days.

Good Luck!

It's been a while since Sony announced some big games. Obviously we had E3 but most of those games were shown prior to the event so I'd like to know what the plans are.

There are 5 games that I'll definitely be buying, but it'll be interesting to see if the system has legs.

(5 games being: God of War III, Heavy Rain, The last Guardian, Bad Company 2, and the inevitable 3rd installment of Resistance.)

Mother 3 is the sequel to Earth Bound (SNES), but you probably knew that already.

Anyway, in case you didn't know, Mother 3 (GBA) was only released in Japan.

So some people with a lot of time on there hand, decided to make a fan translation patch for the Mother 3 ROM.

The PSP has a GBA emulator, however it can only be run on PSP's with custom firmware.

As you've already upgraded your PSP's firmware, installing Custom Firmware might be more problematic.

If you want answers, then I suggest you look on youtube and Google, for something called Pandora's Battery.

By the way, this is all totally worth it, because Mother 3 is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Played it right to the end and I don't complete many games now a days.

Good Luck!

Hardly a bona fide reason to buy it...he could just play it on a gba emulator on his PC?!

Hardly a bona fide reason to buy it...he could just play it on a gba emulator on his PC?!

I understand where your coming from and I agree, to a degree...

OK, maybe Mother 3 shouldn't be the sole reason he buys a PSP.

I was merely advertising Mother 3 because it's such a great game.

In my opinion, playing the game on the PC, would detract from the experience.

In my option, PSP is worth it not only for the great PSP games, but if you can get homebrew etc... it's even better.

I understand where your coming from and I agree, to a degree...

OK, maybe Mother 3 shouldn't be the sole reason he buys a PSP.

I was merely advertising Mother 3 because it's such a great game.

In my opinion, playing the game on the PC, would detract from the experience.

In my option, PSP is worth it not only for the great PSP games, but if you can get homebrew etc... it's even better.

Not arguing for the sake of arguing...although I have had the mother 3 fan translation sat on my computer unplayed...

It's out?! That's the only PSN game I've been interested in for the past ages. Will have to buy. How much?

It's out?! That's the only PSN game I've been interested in for the past ages. Will have to buy. How much?

Didn't it come out today (remember reading it was out on a tuesday and thought it couldn't be right) Think it costs £6.29. Same here only PSN game i've been interested in for a while.

Didn't it come out today (remember reading it was out on a tuesday and thought it couldn't be right) Think it costs £6.29. Same here only PSN game i've been interested in for a while.

Haven't checked store but was sure it was today due to thanksgiving.

Yeah it's up there, there's a demo too.

Awesome, it's probably going to be up there in the top 3 PSN games, I just loved the look of that trailer they released a while back.

Quite busy with Borderlands, Dirt 2, Bad Company beta and potentially this and MW2 within the space of a month.

Got to level 28 in the beta so I could buy a grenade launcher attachment amongst other things, the game was just bland and generally shit. It didn't help that there were tons of spawn glitches but really it's not that special.

Well yeah I'd have signed up if I hadn't played it, wasn't trying to stamp on your curiosity. Just don't buy the full game.