NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

well, 4mail your findings to games radar. from what i saw both versions of both games looked fairly equal. and the writer had similar conclusions.

either way, any difference is hard to notice while actualy playing, so for the sake of better looking screenshots, im not realy arsed.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6201700/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks;img;5

I'm so wet, I'm so wet! Persona 4 is still getting awesome reviews. MAN I CAN'T WAIT I'M GOING TO EXPLODE. Watch it, I've got more than a elephant!

Well, it doesn’t quite compare to Persona 3 at all—it leaps over it and leaves it in its dust, becoming not only one of the best RPGs this decade, but one of the top ones the PS2 has seen in its storied existence.

This is why the PS2 still rocks. Kicks the next gen RPGs in to submission!

I'm not going to get into a argument here but i just want to say the Xbox version of SC runs at a higher resolution and has a much better framerate and also Fallout 3 has much better shadows and water reflections in the 360 version.

fallout is nicer on ps3. textures are sharper actually. All ps3 games have better sound, music and colour simply due to hardware restrictions on 360. Cod waw is nicer on ps3 as is tomb raider. Some extra effects etc. Shadows Are hardware based on ps3 for example. Sure many games have oneor two advantages on 360 but there is ussualy more in the same game on ps3. The hardware benefits dont hurt either if you have the kit. Ofcourse somegames are just worse though.

If the game is good enough minor difference between versions don't make any difference.

I don't give a shit about minor differences too Daft. I will buy the game if it is great and enjoy the exclusives also.

fallout is nicer on ps3. textures are sharper actually. All ps3 games have better sound, music and colour simply due to hardware restrictions on 360. Cod waw is nicer on ps3 as is tomb raider. Some extra effects etc. Shadows Are hardware based on ps3 for example. Sure many games have oneor two advantages on 360 but there is ussualy more in the same game on ps3. The hardware benefits dont hurt either if you have the kit. Ofcourse somegames are just worse though.

Are you serious in anything you just said there? PS3 games have better colours? No they don't, there washed out compared to the 360. Fallout is better on the PS3? Sorry I'm not trying to cause a argument but most of what you said there is rubbish.

Caris you don't have to tell the world that, it doesn't matter and there is no worth posting.

Don't be a nob, you're saying you don't want to start an argument but you definetely do.

Don't be a nob, you're saying you don't want to start an argument but you definetely do.

seconded. if one of us went into the 360 thread and started posting opinions as facts, it would start a fight

and caris, you may not have asked dwarf opinion, but this being a public forum, hes entitled to give it without your say so. cool your jets and be civil, even if you think what he said was bullshit, theres no need to be rude about it

There is a simple reason why a lot of third party PS3 games look worse than their 360 counterparts it is simply because of the bigger userbase makes the 360 often the lead platform for consoles and due to its similarity to PC this makes it even easier. As PS3 hits the critical masses more games may be made with it as the lead platform and it may become less of a problem. Games that have natively been made for PS3 as lead look better on PS3 or don't have issues that their 360 conversion may suffer from. Burnout is one such example at the time of release there were rumblings that the PS3 version had benefited from being the lead platform.

The only thing I don't agree with Caris is about the washed out colours. Look at PixelJunk Eden, Uncharted's rich lushly coloured jungle, Resistance 2 has made vibrant colours, LBP there are tons of other examples.

In reality a lot of the changes are inconsequential, did the slightly dodgy textures on the Big Daddys in Bioshock effect my enjoyment of the game? Hell no...

The only thing I don't agree with Caris is about the washed out colours. Look at PixelJunk Eden, Uncharted's rich lushly coloured jungle, Resistance 2 has made vibrant colours, LBP there are tons of other examples.

They are all PS3 exclusive games, Caris was talking about multi-platform games.

Well Soul Calibur colours looked better on the PS3 but meh, tbh I really don't care about the differences and I doubt many do. I love my ps3 because it does so much more than just being a games console AND it does them well (mmmm blu-ray gorgeousness). I think it is forgotten so many times that what is being paid for is so much more than just a games console. *Goes back to watching Lord of War on blu-ray*

Clam down guys. I suppose the multi platform situation is hardly different enough (for most people) to care for anymore. I dont think i really care much any more since the exclusives outclass them by miles.

Still its mildly amusing watching how incompetent some developers are. We still get games that have heavily compressed video when they have a Blu Ray disk. Wonder what excuse is there for that?

Are you serious in anything you just said there? PS3 games have better colours? No they don't, there washed out compared to the 360. Fallout is better on the PS3? Sorry I'm not trying to cause a argument but most of what you said there is rubbish.

I am guessing you mean low resness of games like GTA and MCLA compared to the 360 versions? Fallout and Oblivion are widely regarded as good examples of PS3 versions. So i dont know what i said wrong there. You have a point about games like GTA or MCLA. Its hardly consistent. MKvDC on PS3 is also lower res but i have no info on the 360 version.

The colour aspect that i meant was PS3 uses HDMi 1.3 and takes advantage of the feature if your TV can. Not many tv can do this but some games have less dithering and more detail in very light or dark environments. As I said you do need a good tv and it affects games like MGS4 and GT5P mostly.

But does it matter? Most probably play on a Samsung and think MKvDC is actually 1080p...

I still havent finished Persona 3 or Yakuza 2.

Abit overloaded. Coming next year annoyingly.

But you can't say PS3 games colours are washed out without it being implied to all of them he just said PS3 games colours are washed out. But just for the record Burnout Paradise, Soul Calibur IV, Bioshock, FIFA 09, SF2THDR all multi platform with no washed out colours. I would love examples of these games with washed out colours.

Please can we keep the graphical nitpickery in the Wii thread where it belongs? :heh:

But seriously, does anybody know what the last PS3 firmware update does?

But seriously, does anybody know what the last PS3 firmware update does?

Flash player updated again and now supports full screen.

Tried http://www.Sackbook.com ?

21dbwp.jpg

It actually links to your PSN account and gives details that would normally only be in LBP. Brillaint way of finding new levels and keeping our community up to date.

Also you can do direct feed screen grabs fromt he pictures yout ake in the game. Its a 3rd party website. Not by Sony amazingly.

LBP level creation is basically pointless till Sony stops deleting peoples creations due to bull shit copywrite.

But you can't say PS3 games colours are washed out without it being implied to all of them he just said PS3 games colours are washed out. But just for the record Burnout Paradise, Soul Calibur IV, Bioshock, FIFA 09, SF2THDR all multi platform with no washed out colours. I would love examples of these games with washed out colours.

No offense mate but the PS3 in general gives out a washed out picture, even on the XMB. On my old PS3 Bioshock, Uncharted etc were all no where near as colorful as my 360. You can even Google it if you want, it's not just me.

Anyways i wont say no more, the PS3 is a great machine i just disagreed with what some people said.

No offense mate but the PS3 in general gives out a washed out picture, even on the XMB. On my old PS3 Bioshock, Uncharted etc were all no where near as colorful as my 360. You can even Google it if you want, it's not just me.

Anyways i wont say no more, the PS3 is a great machine i just disagreed with what some people said.

Have you really Googled this yourself?

Actually its quite the opposite and it sounds like you're running the PS3 on your tv using 360 tweaked settings. 360 outputs incorrect values and has artificial contrast added. The 360 settings will make just PS3 look much brighter, which is what you see on many game media websites ;) PS3 outputs at correct standards that follow guidelines used by the electronic industry. The source you get is untouched essentially on PS3.

If you have a PS3. Give it a separate HDMI input and set it up with its own picture settings, preferably through Blu Ray as each game can vary more strongly. Uncharted looks fantastic for the record. It varies brilliantly and can really show off your tv.

PS3 is also capable of outputting a wider colour space through hardware and HDMI 1.3. 360 lacks these features as it is not HDMI 1.3 compliant. Hence no new audio standards or picture quality advantages. Its really handy in dark scenes and colour gradations. Chances are most wont even have a tv capable of showing any of this. Either way PS3 is still well ahead on picture output(and sound).

All of these things were pretty commonly raised during the HDDVD and BluRay debate. The PS3 really helped to make Blu Ray shine. Today, PS3 is still the reference Blu Ray player. It is the standard others are judged by e.g Pioneer for TVs, PS3 for HD content and Blu Ray movies. :smile:

I am happy to help anyone with tv settings advice. If none of the above made sense...

LBP level creation is basically pointless till Sony stops deleting peoples creations due to bull shit copywrite.

You mean like how Youtube is pointless :indeed: Copyright (not copywrite) is hardly the issue some are making out to be. Most companies are fine with the idea and are happy to have their content. MS for example do not allow any of their content in any shape or form, but what can Sony do in that case? Like Youtube some stuff will be taken off but in LBP so far its very light and only 200 out of the first 70,000 levels were moderated(Many returned). Right now there are over 200,000 levels...

My Daft Punk level is still there and I've got pictures and all in it.