N-Europe

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Daft

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty impressed by Xbox Rewards. I've earned 1100 points with them since it launched. The 300 points from Triple Play and 200 points from renewing Xbox Live has given me enough of a boost to afford Minecraft.

I got 800 points last month. Don't think I even did anything* :laughing:

Will go towards Sonic 4 Episode 2, or Eternal Sonata.

* Might have been a promotional thing since I just joined.

I've just checked my balance and see I have the Triple Play points pending.

Those went from Pending into my account today, just in time for Minecraft :)

Speaking of which, if anyone has never played Minecraft and downloads a trial today, finding it to be a fantastic game... consider the PC version instead. They're about the same price but the Xbox game is beta 1.6.6 whilst the PC game is final release 1.2.5. PC version also has a huge modding/texture community.

Just food for thought!

You never played this, Ike?

Nope. Been meaning to pick it up but never got round to it. Thought a boxed copy was getting hard to find but Amazon has some copies, might get it from them.

Heard some mixed opinions, is it good?

Heard some mixed opinions, is it good?

I loved it. The graphics and enviroments are outstanding and the story and characters are very likable. It's short for an RPG, lasting about 20 hours on your first playthrough. But it requires multiple playthroughs if you want 1000G off it, if that's your thing.

I loved it. The graphics and enviroments are outstanding and the story and characters are very likable. It's short for an RPG, lasting about 20 hours on your first playthrough. But it requires multiple playthroughs if you want 1000G off it, if that's your thing.

Nice, could do with some shorter RPG's :laughing: Will pick it up soon then :)

Virtua Fighter 5 heads to XBLA in June.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown launches on PlayStation Network in the US on 5th June and on Xbox Live Arcade everywhere on 6th June, Sega has announced.

It costs $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 for PSN and 1200 Microsoft Points for XBLA.

Sega said today character customisation DLC packs will be available to buy from launch day for all 19 fighters. Each character customisation pack, which includes 600 to 950 items, costs $4.99/ £3.59/ AUD$6.25/ €4.49 for PSN and 400 Microsoft Points for XBLA.

Two additional customisation packs, one with nine characters'' worth of DLC items, the other with 10, also release on launch day. These cost $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 each on PSN and 1200 Microsoft Points each on XBLA.

VF5FS is the latest arcade version of the famous fighting series, developed by AM2. It adds two new characters: Taka-Arashi and newcomer Jean Kujo. There's a training mode, an eight player online room match mode and a match record feature, used to replay, save and upload fights.

DOTW stuff

DOTW

Double Fine Happy Action Theater - 400msp (was 800)

Haunt - 400msp (was 800)

Hole in the Wall - 400msp (was 800)

Leedmees - 400msp (was 800)

Castle Crashers - 600msp (was 1200)

Fusion: Genesis - 400msp (was 800)

Iron Brigade - 600msp (was 1200)

--Rise of the Martian Bear - 200msp (was 400)

Magic 2012 - 400msp (was 800)

--Magic 2012 Expansion - 200msp (was 400)

Forza 4

--January Jalopnik pack - 280msp (was 560)

--February American Le Mans Series pack - 280msp (was 560)

Gears of War 3

--Hoard Command Pack - 400msp (was 800)

--Skin packs also reduced

Halo Reach

--Anniversary map pack - 600msp (was 1200)

--Defiant map pack - 400msp (was 800)

--Noble map pack - 400msp (was 800)

Kinect Sports Season 2

--Maple leaf golf pack - 200msp (was 400)

--Midnight Mountain pack - 200msp (was 400)

Bunch or avatat and themes on offer as well - http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes

Iron Brigade ( Trenched ) for me. I've been wanting to play it ever since the yanks got it but was too cheap to pay full price for it. :D

Sega goodness heads to XBLA next week.

Sega has set final release date of May 23 for the first round of Sega Ages Online releases, and also announced the next round of titles.

As previously reported, Sega will launch the downloadable retro collection on PS3 and Xbox 360 through six games: Alex Kidd Miracle World, The Super Shinobi, Super Hang-On, Wonder Boy Monster Land, Wonder Boy V Monster World III and Monster World IV. These will be individual releases on PS3, priced ¥600 each. On Xbox 360, they will be split into two 800 Microsoft Point consisting of Alex Kidd, Shinobi and Hang-On in one set and the Wonder Boy games in the other set.

The second round of titles will hit on May 30. Golden Axe Collection and Streets of Rage Collection will be released exclusively for Xbox 360, priced 800 MSP each set. Golden Axe Collection includes the 1989 arcade Golden Axe game and the Genesis/Mega Drive Golden Axe II and Golden Axe III. Streets of Rage Collection includes Streets of Rage I, II and III.