NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

I got 2100 points today, I was going to get n+ for the local co-op aspect, have you changed your mind Jordan? Is it worth teh 800 points? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for what to get, something I'm sorely missing? (check the link in my sig for XBLA games I already have if anyone wants to help me out) I'm also going to download the original Halo for split-screen co-op.

Ahh, everyone download N+; freakin awesome!!

Coop online is pretty great aswell, i played for like 2 hours earlier. And it's 4 player local which is nice...

And i got to no. 3 out of anyone ever in one of the leaderboards yesterday :D Was well chuffed. Slipped to 13 looking today though...

Yeah I do like N+ actually. I had played the trial game already so i knew what I was getting into, but one thing I really like about it is that it takes real gaming skill and hand-eye co-ordination. I can see it being very frustrating in parts though....

I downloaded the trailer for Bionic Commando Rearmed - that looks so damn cool. And the co-op looks seriously fun. I never played the NES game actually, but I played the original Gameboy game, which was essentially the same thing, over and over. Can't wait for that title.

I just bought 2100 MS points. What should I buy?

I did the same today, I got the original Halo and N+

But let's see what you don't have...

Metal Slug 3 and Streets of Rage 2 are both great if you have a friend to do multiplayer with, although obviously both great games alone. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 can't be ignored, a timeless classic (although not improved much for XBLA, and the save feature takes away the original feel). Rez HD is an awesome title, even if you don't like trance music, it's a good call for something fun and unique. Puzzle Fighter is easily my favourite puzzle game ever. You can't go wrong with Castlevania: SOTN if you like side scrolling adventures. Or you could grab some Halo 3 maps or Forza cars?

N+ bytheway. Man, the last level of episode 14 nearly drove me mad! I'm getting pretty decent at it now though :3 I can see this game causing the smashing of one of my controllers into the screen in anger at some point.

I only wish my transfer kit would hurry through as i want to use my 120gb HDD going. There are a few games like Metal Slug 3 and some expansion packs for Rainbow Six and Forza that i want to download but don't have the room on the standard HDD.

N+ is a definite "Fuck yes" for me. Played the demo last night and as a result I'm now hooked. I hear the multiplayer is awesome too.

I played the demo of Rez HD and wasn't too impressed. I'm tempted by Geometry Wars but I've got it on my DS. Love it to bits but dunno if it's worth buying. Tried Metal Slug 3 and...well, I really disliked it ;_; I was expecting to enjoy it too!

I now have so many versions of the Sonic games I've lost count :D Though some of the achievements look so fun to achieve, mainly the time ones so I am tempted.

As for Halo 3 maps, since they're going free soon anyway I'll wait. And I definitely don't play Forza enough to justify buying cars for the game :P

I don't really like N+ much. I guess I can see why people do, but it's not for me.

N+ is a definite "Fuck yes" for me. Played the demo last night and as a result I'm now hooked. I hear the multiplayer is awesome too.

I played the demo of Rez HD and wasn't too impressed. I'm tempted by Geometry Wars but I've got it on my DS. Love it to bits but dunno if it's worth buying. Tried Metal Slug 3 and...well, I really disliked it ;_; I was expecting to enjoy it too!

I now have so many versions of the Sonic games I've lost count :D Though some of the achievements look so fun to achieve, mainly the time ones so I am tempted.

As for Halo 3 maps, since they're going free soon anyway I'll wait. And I definitely don't play Forza enough to justify buying cars for the game :P

For me the only pull of metal slug is the co-op mode. tried castlevania?

I now have 1300 points having bought N+ (And loving it as much as I thought I would).

I'll try castlevania later actually.

N+ is a superb game. I take back it's not worth the 800 points I spent. It's fun to play.

Level editor is great, I just made one that's seemingly impossible but if you time it right you can do it.

Games you should definitely, defintely get:

Marble Blast Ultra, Geometry Wars, Bomberman.

Games you might like:

Prince of Persia, Cloning Clyde, Uno, Texas hold em. I'm just listing stuff I've got.

I'm thinking I should go for Bomberman Live...

Can we play N+ later on Stefkov? :D

N+ is awesome but frustrating. Although I'm finding it's more frustrating not because the levels seem unfair, but because of knowing I can do it.

I bought my first points today so that I could buy Castlevania and Puzzle Quest.

The thing is that I can't download them, I get Status Code:8015000a all the time. :(

N+ is awesome but frustrating. Although I'm finding it's more frustrating not because the levels seem unfair, but because of knowing I can do it.

I know what you mean. I've just spent 20 minutes on the last level of the 14th episode. The one where you have to get two barrier opening switches and then the door switch below. And then you have 3 rockets coming after you. I nearly did it one time I just killed myself by landing on the ledge beside it. It was doable though

Phew, I finally got to download Puzzle Quest and Castlevania. Live seems to be slow as hell again. :blank:

I've just completed the "Eden" stage in Rez ^^ <3 that final boss battle = made of epic.

I got N+ earlier. I'm on level 14 and I found it funny that I unlocked an achievement for 1000 deaths. Quite a few times I punished the N guy by spontaneously blowing him up a few times when he fails.

Really need to give in and get PQ. Annoying just looking at the demo.

Whereabouts has Ikaruga gone? It went into Beta-testing in January so it shouldn't be too far off...

Anybody have Gripshift or Switchball? I'm getting some points next week and was looking at getting one of them along with Psychonauts which is long overdue a download. Not sure which though.

Exactly! That's just the problem!

Except the final level on one of them, the one that's shaped like a heart. One of the earlier levels...it's impossible.

YES!!!! I beat N+!!! Well, got all the achievements, beat all the levels...

And then they dish out 10 'expert episodes'. Heh, ain't done with this game yet...

Read that a few days ago in OXM - then checked the Marketplace and was like "waaaa?". Only XBL game i'm looking forward to. Hurry up!

Fuck Ikaruga.

Castle Crashers is where its at!!

(Although i really want Ikaruga also...)