NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

It is indeed pure awesome. Only had time to play the first two stages this morning as had lectures, and I've just quickly tried the normal Rez mode, and yes Jordan, does indeed feel slower.

The old skool mode runs in 30fps, while HD version is at 60fps apparently. Also missing widescreen on the old mode.

I didn't get 100% shot down either on first go earlier today. Was at 97% I think. Love the game though............and I agree about the achievements, hopefully will be able to get them all as well unless I get sick of the game or end up getting distracted by another title.

I think it's pretty amazing considering we're getting this for around £6 or so, when it originally came out at £30-£40 years back. I would of happily paid more than 800 points for this.

Awesome Eurogamer review. http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=91540

The only thing I don't like is that the cursor (and the whole of the first level) seem very slow.

Been playing it and i´m quite liking it.

There are more than 4 levels right? Because i played these 4 and didn´t see any more

Been playing it and i´m quite liking it.

There are more than 4 levels right? Because i played these 4 and didn´t see any more

There should be 5.....

Last level had Adam Freelands Fear....Fantastic level too.

I downloaded it earlier and intend to have it all unlocked before the end of the day.

Rez has:

5 Main levels

4 (?) Hidden levels

Then Score attack

Boss Attack

and Direct Assualt.

SO guys, got a bunch of points spare and we're looking for a good co-op/2-player arcade downloadable. Any suggestions? We've already got Puzzle Fighter, Streets of Rage and going to download Metal Slug 3.

SO guys, got a bunch of points spare and we're looking for a good co-op/2-player arcade downloadable. Any suggestions? We've already got Puzzle Fighter, Streets of Rage and going to download Metal Slug 3.

Omega Five is pretty cool, one of my favorite XBLA games currently available, and it has a 2 player (offline) mode.

If you like shooters then give the demo a try.

Alien Hominid is a great one, as is metal slug.

And i plan on downloading Omega 5 later, which looks pretty good...

Who actually got SWOS in the end then?

I did!

I have been playing Undertow and it aint half bad. Its like a mini version of Star Wars Battlefront.

I still get the issue where i'm D/Ced when i load it up, i re-downloaded the new version too, does it happen to you?

Alien Hominid is a great one, as is metal slug.

And i plan on downloading Omega 5 later, which looks pretty good...

Alien Hominid is a pretty dull game in single player, but go in co-op with someone half decent and it's absolutely awesome.

I still get the issue where i'm D/Ced when i load it up, i re-downloaded the new version too, does it happen to you?

Nope it works fine for me. I didnt download it til January though.

Damn, i'll try deleting and re downloading it.

Also, why do the XBOX Originals no longer have free Themes/Gamer Pics, all the first ones that went up had em :/

So how far are people getting in Metal Slug 3 without dying?

I can barely get half of stage 2 without dying.

So how far are people getting in Metal Slug 3 without dying?

I can barely get half of stage 2 without dying.

Well without dying i've only officially done the first mission... I really think I can do mission two so long as I'm a zombie when I do the boss.

It's a hell of a lot easier two-player, mind. I've done all the missions (something like 29 continues at the end of it :P) and i can't see myself ever doing any of the later missions without dying. simply impossible! But i love the game, great fun.

Two player makes it much easier. But one day I´m gonna try to get the win the game without using a continue achievement.

I think when i won the game for the first time with Vicar i was at 40 continues :heh:

When will we be able to get today's Xbox Originals?

The news thing tells us we can get them, but the Originals page has the new ones (Pirates, Ninja Gaiden Black and Black) faded out with the message "Coming Soon: 11/02/2008"

When will we be able to get today's Xbox Originals?

The news thing tells us we can get them, but the Originals page has the new ones (Pirates, Ninja Gaiden Black and Black) faded out with the message "Coming Soon: 11/02/2008"

I saw that too, damn false advertising >< I wanted to get Ninja Gaiden Black too. :hmm:

Oh well I'll get it later or tomorrow I guess, if it's available by then...

sidenote: do all Xbox originals (downloadable ones) have full widescreen support?

Can you use your own music on RezHD? I.e will the environments be in time with the music you use, or is it a set soundtrack?

Can you use your own music on RezHD? I.e will the environments be in time with the music you use, or is it a set soundtrack?

Set soundtrack, you could play music in the background but it won't affect the gameplay afaik, still the set soundtrack itself is awesome though, works really well with the game. :smile:

I saw that too, damn false advertising >< I wanted to get Ninja Gaiden Black too. :hmm:

I just got Ninja Gaiden Black. 6GB! It's going to take a while...

Is there a list of which Xbox Originals support VGA or not?

I know Psychonauts doesn't which is a proper shame :(

I just got Ninja Gaiden Black. 6GB! It's going to take a while...

lol same, I think mine was on 3% last time I checked, it might have downloaded in about a week with any luck. :indeed: