NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Boom Boom Rocket is an 800 pointer. I say, and i know Jordan will agree, definitely worth it.

Also, Pacman CE=Best pacman ever.

Omega Five is brilliant fun, although it's only got 4 stages, it's addictive enough to compete for scores. If you like R-Type/Graduis then this is a definite purchase!

Speaking of lesser publicised arcade games, am I the only one that bought Eets:Chowdown? I really enjoyed that game. Gonna have to get the map packs for it at some point.

Cloning Clyde > you.

It was a wierdly addictive game.

You went on about that.

I bought it.

Overhyped Mr Kov, mama Kovalski will NOT be happy.

I didn't really like it that much..

looks like the free game we will be getting is Undertow.. from wedensday untill sunday. article at ign. good thing i havent bought it

So, I ended up buying Burnout 3: Takedown randomly this week.

God that game still rocks my bollocks off. Shame its in like... dodgy widescreen (lol huge borders)

Rez HD And Chessmaster On XBLA 30th Jan

They may be two very different games, both appealing to vastly different audiences, but that does not stop Rez HD And Chessmaster LIVE teaming up to hit the Xbox Live Arcade the Wednesday after next (30th January). Chessmaster LIVE boasts Voice-chat and Live Vision capabilities for head-to-head matches, along with competent AI for when you are playing offline - we guess the camera support is presumably so you can watch people think for a very long time. On the other hand, Rez HD will play pretty much the same as the Dreamcast and PlayStation 2 game of old, but will have updated sound, and be enhanced visually thanks to the crazy technology of the world we currently live in.

"Bringing the Chessmaster series to Xbox Live Arcade makes the game accessible to a whole new audience,” said Peter Helm, business development associate at Ubisoft. “Chessmaster LIVE is not only a comprehensive chess program, but it is also one that has expanded beyond the traditional game to include exciting features for fans, both old and new."

Unfortunately, no one has commented on the upcoming release of Rez HD yet, but if they did I am sure it would go something like this. "We are extremely happy to finally be able to release Rez HD on the XBLA," said Random PR man. “Thanks to the power of the system gamers can now finally experience Rez the way it was meant to be played, offering fans old and new a crystal clear high-definition look at the unique world created by Tetsuya Mizuguchi and his team at Q Entertainment.

I'm very tempted to get Rez. I've got it on Dreamcast but it's a pain having to get the Dreamcast out and it doesn't look that good on my HDTV. I may have to..

ill will get REZ the moment it pops up.. have it for my ps2 that is packed away.. should I chose an all time favorite videogame i think it would be REZ.. fear is the mindkiller

Just so you lot know:

Rez HD has two modes, one you might be used to if you've played the Dreamcast release, one if you played the PS2 release.

Rez HD mode plays more like the PS2 version. It runs at a smooth 60fps, which means obviously the game is running double the speed.

Normal Rez mode plays like the Dreamcast version, running at 30fps. Which to be honest, i'll go on record and say is far better. It becomes a much harder game when you have to play it double the speed.

...But anyway, going out of my geek box for a moment. Anyone who hasn't played Rez owes it to themselves. I fucking adore that game, it has some amazing moments and it is by far my most favourite game ever.

I've played just under a third of Undertow and I actually quite like it. Not worth 800 points but 400 maybe.

I managed to play 10 mins worth before work.

Rez HD is sure as hell running at 60fps, it feels INSANE fast. Its way more hectic. I couldn't even get 100% shot down on the first stage. Fail for me.

Achievement seem pretty easy, i'll get 200 on this no problem.

Just tried the trail version and I'm not really sure what to think.

The first level is piss easy... just wait till you actually get to the end. My god its just... an orgasm of excellence.

hmm i actually got my butt kicked by boss nr 2.. it sure as hell is faster.. I think that boss only got me once.. when i first tried it for my ps2..