NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Do you want to play some online matches? There is no one else to play with...

mr driller should be up.. anyone tried it?? (im at work).. spend many hours with the dreamcast version.. which sadly wasnt my own

Apparently it's shite. Averaged a measley 46 on metacritic; no hd, no local multipplayer, and the online apparently doesn't work. Which is quite bad considering it's called Mr Driller Online, but there we go.

Sucks cause i was quite looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, YAY Ikaruga tomorrow!! Im ready to get my ass kicked. Went to town to buy some points today though, they don't sell them in argos!!? Why!? And nowhere else in town sold em... meh...

Ikaruga is now up on XBLA for anyone who wants to download it :smile: which is what I'm doing right now ^^ quick download too, I can't wait to start playing this again, it's been far too long... :heh:

*Edit*

First go (in ages since I last played it) I tried it with no continues on Normal and got to Chapter 2 :/ not bad but not great and I kept on making "noob" mistakes as I'd forgotten about certain patterns in the game, got one achievement allready though for the first boss ^^ gonna keep on playing for a bit. :)

*Edit 2*

Dot Eater get! ^^ and O.o unlocked the Dot Eater leaderboard! seems theres a scoreboard for playing through THE ENTIRE GAME without firing any bullets... sheesh one lvl was back enough. :P

I completely and utterly suck complete balls at this game.

On second playthrough, got the second boss achievement and got to chapter 3, then I started from chapter 3 and got the third boss achievement (that boss is a bitch. :(

Oh and Cube... don't worry "everyone" sucks balls at Ikaruga when they first play it, even me... >>' but if you really can't get anywhere with it then try the following just to get a feel for the game...

Difficulty Easy - lives 5 - continues on - play by just trying to defeat avoid enemies as and when you can - don't worry about chains for now - change polarity (black or white) when a large mass of bullets comes your way of that colour - black absorbs black, white absorbs white - "eat" as many large groups of dots (bullets) as you can then use the underside triggers to unleash a mass of energy on the enemies - and lastly... try not to die. :heh:

I hope thats of some help anyways but I reckon if you follow those steps to start off with then you'll be pwning the game in no time, then once you've pwned the game, you can try going for chains to get the uber impossible A rank achievements, have fun. :smile:

I think I'll get Ikaruga when I get my free MS points with GTA IV...

Difficulty Easy - lives 5 - continues on - play by just trying to defeat avoid enemies as and when you can - don't worry about chains for now - change polarity (black or white) when a large mass of bullets comes your way of that colour - black absorbs black, white absorbs white - "eat" as many large groups of dots (bullets) as you can then use the underside triggers to unleash a mass of energy on the enemies - and lastly... try not to die. :heh:

I haven't bought it yet (so I can only do the 1st level with 3 lives and no continues). I knew about the absorption thing. The trigger weapon I didn't know about.

I'll buy the game when I can destroy level 1.

Woo, Ikaruga is awesome. Just as expected.

I managed to get to the last boss on level 3 on my first play, which was better than I expected considering I had never played it before. Was on Easy, admittedly :p

I can't believe i didn't play Ikaruga on the cube! It's brilliant!

My fingers hurt already though, only been playing half an hour!

I've just beaten Misago (the fourth boss) ^^ gonna save getting to the fith and final chapter until tomorrow I think and I'll save the A rank achievements for co-op mode. :heh:

I didn't know you had to choose the All option to advance to the next level. So I finish level 3 and I wait for 4 to start and I just cried.

I'm gonna go at it in a second.

Also that dot eater achievement, what level do you do it on, I didn't fire once on the first level and I didn't get it.

I didn't know you had to choose the All option to advance to the next level. So I finish level 3 and I wait for 4 to start and I just cried.

I'm gonna go at it in a second.

Also that dot eater achievement, what level do you do it on, I didn't fire once on the first level and I didn't get it.

first level I think it includes the trigger move as well, pus I think you have to do it in All mode and not chapter, other than that as long as you haven't fired a single bullet on stage 1 you should get it after the boss battle.

I did it on only level one, I don't think thats what matters. I wasn't sure if you could use the energy move so I didn't bother and I got it.

...didn't fire a single bullet on chapter one. Does it have to have default settings aswell? 3 lives and no continues?

...didn't fire a single bullet on chapter one. Does it have to have default settings aswell? 3 lives and no continues?

Yes, most probably.

Woot! Achievement unlocked, Destroy Tageri get! (final boss in Ikaruga) just the A grade achievements to get now. :smile:

Oh and the y'know... clear the whole game without using Continue as well... >>

Nope, I did it with 5 lives and continues turned on. Don't know if I actually used one of the continues, I don't think I did, but it was turned on at least. On easy too.

I think I'll get Ikaruga when I get my free MS points with GTA IV...

It's what I'm planning on doing.

Anybody else changed the controls for Ikaruga? To me B seemed a very unnatural button for the polarity, my usual grip on the controller didnt work with it at all. I tried changing it to the triggers but that was worse. I'm now pretty settled on X for polarity and LT for the homing attack.

I've got LB for the polarity. It's just up there with my index finger. Simple.

Woot! A rank 1st chapter achievement get! took about a solid hour of tries today but I finally did it! ^^

Now for the second chapter... >>'

*dies a little inside*

Woo, I beat the whole thing on Easy. With continues, but hey.

Now for Normal.

Just read this on Kotaku, sorry if its old.

As we previously announced, the big news out of yesterday's Namco Bandai Editor's Day was the announcement of a street date for Soul Calibur IV: July 29, 2008. Also announced was a special Collector's Edition will be made available on the same date for both the 360 and PS3 versions. The Collector's Edition will come in a tin box and includes an art book, a t-shirt, a poster and exclusive access to downloadable content only available in this special edition. Announced at the same time was the news that the Original Soul Calibur will be making it's way to XBLA.

Also from 1UP

While we're currently light on exact details about this port, Namco has confirmed that every character and mode from the Dreamcast game will be made available, and leaderboards will be added. In light of Soul Calibur IV's release -- likely not long before or after Soul Calibur arrives on Live Arcade -- it's unclear if the original will be upgraded with online play, although not doing so would be out of line with most other XBLA releases.

Awesome news this as I LOVED the 1st Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast.

At first when I read that I thought, Soul Edge? the original from the PS1, and I thought hmm thats kinda awesome, then I read it again... Soul Calibur? from the Dreamcast on XBLA? thats even better ^^ I owned the original but never really got to play it because the disc wouldn't always read. :/

But cool ^^ now I'll get to play it :D added online vs would be a nice touch as well.