NEurope
Noku

Ghostbusters Wii

Seeing as noone has cared to inform the boards of this grand news, here goes:

November 16, 2007 - Today Sierra shed a little more light on its plans for the next Ghostbusters videogame. While we originally reported that Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, and Harold Ramis will be reprising their roles for the game, Ernie Hudson is also on board to voice Winston. Also returning are Annie Potts (who played Janine, the Ghostbusters secretary), Brian Doyle Murray (Bill's brother and the Psychiatrist in Ghostbusters 2), and William Atherton (Walter Peck, that jerk from the Environmental Protection Agency).

The game will again take place in New York City and players will assume the role of a new Ghostbusters recruit. The Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC versions are being developed by Terminal Reality, makers of BloodRayne. Red Fly Studios, which is also working on Mushroom Men, is building versions for the Wii, PS2, and DS.

"From the moment we green-lit the game, we have certainly seen a lot of passion and commitment coming from Sierra Entertainment and both development teams," said Mark Caplan, VP, Licensing for Sony Pictures Consumer Products. "We believe fans are going to be impressed with the game's ability to deliver a very authentic Ghostbusters experience, as well as its capacity to expand the Ghostbusters universe that they currently know."

Ghostbusters is currently scheduled for release next fall.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/835/835886p1.html

Mushroom Men dudes handling this; at least the developer had a previous experience with Wii-development then. Sad that they're also doing the PS2 one.

Seeing as noone has cared to inform the boards of this grand news, here goes:
There's actually a Ghostbusters thread in the Other Consoles board [as it is a multiplatform game], however as I posted in that thread:

In the Wii version you had better be able to motion with the nunchuk to throw out the Ghost Traps at just the right time, after having fired out a Proton Stream from your Wii-mote and had a 'force-feedback' [luigi's mansion] style motion fight with the ghost to capture it!

SS_StayPuft_Scene02--screenshot_large.jpg

EDIT: Found some footage!

Looks AWESOME! and seems to be based on the first movie which is cool!

At around 3:07 mins you here them mention Luigi's Mansion and Gears of War [obviously two key inspirations]

More footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLi9_uPg1Tk

This game footage differs from the prototype game footage:

There's actually a Ghostbusters thread in the Other Consoles board [as it is a multiplatform game]...

Sorry 'bout that mate, just that I only frequent this part of the forum :)

I thought the game is supposed to be standalone, a third episode for consoles, if you will. Can't remember where I came across that info though :(

Lol.. that gameplay footage once again proves to me that you can only play shooters clumsily with a joystick. ^^

Sorry 'bout that mate, just that I only frequent this part of the forum :)

I thought the game is supposed to be standalone, a third episode for consoles, if you will. Can't remember where I came across that info though :(

Lol.. that gameplay footage once again proves to me that you can only play shooters clumsily with a joystick. ^^

No worries, i'm sure loads of people just stick to the Wii board!

What you mean the 'third movie' [as it were] is the console game?

I've heard rumours that the third movie will be an animated/CGI movie with the cast adding their voices.

This game however, seems to be a remake of the first [and maybe second] film; with levels built around locations in the first film and marshmallow man etc...

Maybe the intention of the game is to help catch 'newcomers' up on the Ghostbusters story, before they release a third movie!?

Which by the way I REALLY hope they choose to do as 'live action'! Bring the cast back for one last nostalgic outing! If Indy can do it!

Yeah dont even get me started on how much a Ghostbusters 3 movie would be.

Anyway, where the "This game is the 3rd installment/continuation of the story" news came from is, - when the game news first broke, thats what was being tagged...obviously from footage now that doesnt seem to be the case.

I really hope this game is GB1 and GB2 as they are both awesome and would be amazing to play as games.

Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis are writing the script for it, basing it around or on the proposed script for the third movie. Ernie Hudson has also been asked about lending his voice to the game. I wonder if Bill Murray will do it?

Anyway:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!

I wonder if Bill Murray will do it?

Anyway:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!

Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, and Harold Ramis will be reprising their roles for the game, Ernie Hudson is also on board to voice Winston. Also returning are Annie Potts (who played Janine, the Ghostbusters secretary), Brian Doyle Murray (Bill's brother and the Psychiatrist in Ghostbusters 2), and William Atherton (Walter Peck, that jerk from the Environmental Protection Agency).

;)

My message is too short.

Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis are writing the script for it, basing it around or on the proposed script for the third movie.
I just don't get that though!

From the looks of the gameplay/interview video, there designing it around environments and scenes from [at least] the first movie!

Unless there is an opening chapter or two that summarise the first and second movies, and then it's on to new content?

I just don't get that though!

From the looks of the gameplay/interview video, there designing it around environments and scenes from [at least] the first movie!

Unless there is an opening chapter or two that summarise the first and second movies, and then it's on to new content?

Yeah I was thinking that too, just going on what Akroyd said though. It's probably what you said, though it would be awesome if it was done like Lego Star Wars, and you play scenes from the original movies plus the new storyline. Speaking of which, how awesome would Lego Ghostbusters be? :D

OmgOmgOmg!

I'm one of the biggest GhostBusters fanboys of all time.

Oh my god. That picture. Stay Puffy.

AHHHHHHHHHH!

This is bloomin' marvellous, it is.

This is what I said in the thread in Other Consoles:

Oh me gosh, oh me gosh, OH ME FREAKIN' GOSH! :o

And I'm adding another "oh me gosh" and another :o smiley to the party:

So then:

Oh me gosh, oh me gosh, oh me gosh, OH ME FREAKIN' GOSH! :o :o

...I actually felt better saying it that time than the first time. :smile:

It is bloody marvellous, though isn't it. :grin:

I am a massive ghostbusters fanboy used to own all the toys, the custom set and a ton of videos of the original cartoon series. The thing that really worries me about this is how the Wii and PS2 versions are being touted as more family friendly, I'm going to be gutted if we end up with a watered down version as if there is new content from the ghostbusters 3 script which has been written for years I will have to buy a 360/PS3 to play it!

If the controls are right, this could be one brilliant game, if the controls are wrong... then god help us all.

As someone on the net somewhere pointed out, complaining about making a family-friendly movie franchise into a family-friendly game is moronic.

If anything, it's the alleged hardcore versions of the game that are to be complained about. I want this game to be funny as hell, and fun as hell to play. That's all.

Just wait 'til it's out before you pass judgment people ;)

This is going to be the best game EVER!

Get to fight Mr Staypuft the most kickass badguy ever bring it on :D

As someone on the net somewhere pointed out, complaining about making a family-friendly movie franchise into a family-friendly game is moronic.

If anything, it's the alleged hardcore versions of the game that are to be complained about. I want this game to be funny as hell, and fun as hell to play. That's all.

Just wait 'til it's out before you pass judgment people ;)

Yeah but the films weren't completely family friendly they did have their darker moments and their subtle innuendo based jokes. I'm worried family friendly is gonna turn it cartoony or something more kiddy friendly but they just don't want to admit to that.

Yeah but the films weren't completely family friendly they did have their darker moments and their subtle innuendo based jokes. I'm worried family friendly is gonna turn it cartoony or something more kiddy friendly but they just don't want to admit to that.

Hmm, true. It is useless to worry now though; you can start worrying all you want when the first details have been disclosed if necessary. ;)

This game just got a huge write-up and cover story in GI. Apperently its slated for the PS3/360/PC

From what i glean from pictures, it looks to be an over the shoulder perspective, ala Resident Evil 4,

theres even a graveyard shot that reminds of the one in RE4.

From what i can tell there seems to be alot of material from GB1. Ill add more when i can be bothered to read the whole article

Some details about the Wii version:

- Due out close to Halloween

- cartoon-style graphics

- same storyline as the 360/PS3 version

- multiplayer a big focus

- Single player allows 4 player co-op or competitive (split-screen)

- Adversarial mode: ghosts vs. Ghostbusters

- Ghosts can pass through certain objects, fly, and sneak up behind players to scare them. Scaring reduces the Ghostbusters health for a certain amount of time.

- Ghostbusters have all their tools, and each Ghostbuster has a special power (Ray is able to

spot where ghosts are going to come through the wall.)

Source: GoNintendo.

Some details about the Wii version:

- Due out close to Halloween

- cartoon-style graphics

- same storyline as the 360/PS3 version

- multiplayer a big focus

- Single player allows 4 player co-op or competitive (split-screen)

- Adversarial mode: ghosts vs. Ghostbusters

- Ghosts can pass through certain objects, fly, and sneak up behind players to scare them. Scaring reduces the Ghostbusters health for a certain amount of time.

- Ghostbusters have all their tools, and each Ghostbuster has a special power (Ray is able to

spot where ghosts are going to come through the wall.)

Source: GoNintendo.

Thats all well and good but did you tell everyone on here about the twinkie?

I will no doubt get 2 copies of this game. I will get the Wii version purely because I will control the proton stream via the Wiimote and I will get the 360 version as its bound to have online 4 player co-op and some wicked achievements :)

Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast and they be slow!

We're the best, we're the beautiful, we're the only Ghostbusters!

*Fights urge to stick in other quotes....oh what the hell one more*

Wasnt he also known as Vigo the Butch?

Hero-of-Time, that's a good point, but you have to remember the next time someone asks if you are a God you say YES.

I saw the video yesterday, it looks amazingly sexy. I practically came ectoplasm. It was immense.

So long as the Wii version and it's motion sensing what-nots works, and isn't some cheap PS2 port, I can foresee myself picking it over the 360 version. Otherwise, yeah.

This is pretty much on par with a light saber Wii game as far as I'm concerned :smile: