NEurope
Noku

Ghostbusters Wii

This game does look superb, great fun. The only thing i'm still not liking is the character models- they look too goofy.

This is looking really good. Compared to the HD versions, it seems to have a bit more character.

Walkthrough:

Looks nice visually, but it seems to be lacking that real motion experience somewhat; e.g. where the cool throughout trap gesture with the nunchuck, it seemed to be a very quick z button press and over all to quickly.

Pre-ordered the Wii version, I'm pretty tempted to get the Xbox 360 game as well. Hopefully the game won't disappoint.

I had no idea the movies were getting Blu-ray releases soon, Amazon says they're not out until June though :(

Is that the marshmellow man I see on the game cover?

It sure does look like Stay Puft to me.

You sound surprised.

As a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Ghostbusters fan, 2009 sure is a great year.

I got the dvd set with the full Real Ghosbusters series from Timelife (US), the first film is getting a Blu-Ray release, and after years without any Ghostbusters games, we'll be getting 3 different (well, at least partially different) games. I'm going to pick up the Wii, DS and PC versions of the game.

You sound surprised.

You sound surprised that we sound surprised.

(I know that some of the first screens/ art released for the GB game had Stay Puft in em...)

Is it sad to be screaming like a little girl after Dan Aykroyd says "We're ready to believe you" at the end of IGN's video? :laughing:

After this one gets released, I want new Gremlins and Addams Family games... :p

That trailer is awesome! From what I've seen so far, I definitely prefer the visual style used in the Wii version (as opposed to the more "realistic" style from the PC and Xbox360/PS3 versions). If only the Wii could output at a higher resolution... :hmm:

If only the Wii could output at a higher resolution... :hmm:

Would it then be a HD Machine?

This is looking good.

Would it then be a HD Machine?

I don't have any problems with the Wii not having the processing power that the other consoles in the market have (heck, my main gaming platform in the past years has been the Nintendo DS), but most games look absolutely dreadful in my HD TV, they are an aliasing mess. Funnily enough, old games from the Virtual Console look fine, but the aliasing is so "strong" on my TV set in most Wii retail releases that I sometimes actually get a bit dizzy.

I was never one to care about graphics (at all; I'm the kind of guy that fires up old consoles to play all the time), so the Wii is a first. It's not a problem with the graphics quality per se, but with the aliasing that's present in most games, to a point that there's not a single "stable" line in sight, it's all a shaky mess during movement.

I just hope, like in the case of Smash Brothers Brawl (or recently, Castlevania: Judgment), there's an option to "blur" the graphics a little bit, at least on my TV set it helps a lot.

Have you got a component cable?

Trailer looks good, and yeah I'm liking the visual style too.

Though what's with those pixelly 2D looking clouds right at the start of that trailer?!

Edited by Retro_Link

Have you got a component cable?

Yeah, I do. First I bought a third party component cable, because I couldn't find the official one for sale (during the launch period), and then I ended up picking the official Nintendo component cable.

Twilight Princess looked so bad on my TV with the RGB cable, I actually (and painfully) waited months to start playing it properly, until I managed to find a component cable. But while the component cable improved things (and made me unable to play some of the VC games I bought), things still look very aliased.

Don't get me wrong, after a while I end up forgetting about the graphics issues, but it's still annoying.

But like I mentioned, the "deflicker" option present in games such as Castlevania: Judgement (which makes the graphics less clear, a bit blurrier, but it pretty much solves the aliasing issues I experience) helps in TV sets like mine, so I hope more games start to implement it.

Don't get me wrong, after a while I end up forgetting about the graphics issues, but it's still annoying.

But like I mentioned, the "deflicker" option present in games such as Castlevania: Judgement (which makes the graphics less clear, a bit blurrier, but it pretty much solves the aliasing issues I experience) helps in TV sets like mine, so I hope more games start to implement it.

Did you try to decrease the sharpness in the options menu of the TV? It can help quite a bit.

I still have a SD-TV but with Pixel Plus technology which adds more scanlines. If a game doesn't have anti-aliasing it makes it look horrible and is very eye-straining.

You're all gonna think I'm a little mad but I actually don't mind the sharp jagged look of the graphics on the Wii. I certainly prefer them to the horrid softness that I put up through some N64 games. I really didn't like that. I find it refreshing to have sharp lines and thats being played on a 50 inch screen. Mmmmmm.......jaggies. Kinda takes me back to the glorius SNES days of gaming if that makes any sense.

I'm actually warming up to the Wii-version. Gotta love that Venkman! ;) I was first overwhelmed with the 'next-gen'-version, but when looking now at the versions side-by-side, the Wii is less realistic, but it has so much more charm than the clinical-looking other versions.

My only concern is that it was reported some time ago that not all the story-elements/dialogue would be in the PS2/Wii-version. A detail, but with dialogue and contents, so funny and so... Ghostbusters, it'd be a crying shame. It's the only things that's currently pushing me towards the PS3-version.

Edited by Strange Cookie

that not all the story-elements/dialogue would be in the PS2/Wii-version

Oh. Thats disappointing.

I'm actually warming up to the Wii-version. Gotta love that Venkman! ;) I was first overwhelmed with the 'next-gen'-version, but when looking now at the versions side-by-side, the Wii is less realistic, but it has so much more charm than the clinical-looking other versions.

My only concern is that it was reported some time ago that not all the story-elements/dialogue would be in the PS2/Wii-version. A detail, but with dialogue and contents, so funny and so... Ghostbusters, it'd be a crying shame. It's the only things that's currently pushing me towards the PS3-version.

The more I see the HD versions of the game, I just feel less and less interested. Seeing it for the first time, it looked pretty sweet, but actually seeing more of it, it seems really soul-less to me.

Oh. Thats disappointing.
From what I've heard, the Wii version is identical in terms of story telling and such, the only major differences are the graphic style, the gameplay and the level design.