NEurope
Noku

Ghostbusters Wii

Am I the only one not bothered about this? Gives them more time to polish it.

But the game is already done. They will not change anything between the US (which will still be released next month) and European releases.

But the game is already done. They will not change anything between the US (which will still be released next month) and European releases.
Exactly. This game is now just gonna be sitting there (where ever the hell there may be) gathering dust until Q4... Great. :rolleyes:

I am actually quite annoyed by this as I was really looking forward to playing it next month. :angry:

By the time October gets here we'll no doubt be seeing some great new titles from Nintendo and even more 3rd party stuff too, so this game is definitely going to suffer as a result I reckon.

I know the chance of me getting it at launch is very slim now anyway. :hmm:

GAME has changed the released date back to 19th June, what's going on?

I'm so excited about this game, have been since the day it was anoounced!

Really gutted about the Sony exclusive deal though :(.

I know we don't get to play this in Europe for a long time, but I thought I'd post this anyway:Its a tour of the Firehouse in the Wii version.

I hope it's a problem with the video, not the game, but there's quite a bit of slowdown shown. :heh:

Looks amazing. Music is very Ghostbusters-y. They left the lights on the Ecto 1 on - very inefficient :P I didn't notice any slow down.

First 20 mins: - VERY interested in this again, all round presentation is fantastic!!

Great sense of humour in the game!

Sucks that the Wii version is so far off; but then I don't mind because I have games to catch up on, a 'still need to buy list', and there are a number of games out over the summer etc... as well!

Edited by Retro_Link

http://kotaku.com/5356243/european-ghostbusters-release-slips-again

Thanks to a messy, silly publishing deal between Atari and Sony, Ghostbusters is only out in PAL territories on PS3 and PS2. All other versions have had to wait. And now, will be waiting even longer.

The 360, PC, DS and Wii versions were supposed to be out in October, but now won't be out until November 6. No reason was given for the extended delay.

*BUMP* Just a heads up this is out Friday.

Dunno what they were thinking with this timed deal, because personally any hype and excitement has long gone, there's plenty of other games around atm, and I think many will have already had their fix with the 360/PS3 version.

There is 4-player co-op though.

*BUMP* Just a heads up this is out Friday.

Dunno what they were thinking with this timed deal, because personally any hype and excitement has long gone, there's plenty of other games around atm, and I think many will have already had their fix with the 360/PS3 version.

There is 4-player co-op though.

I cancelled my order about a week ago, the delays killed any hype I had for the game, plus I ended up getting the 360 version which I've been replaying recently and I figured I don't want to play essentially the same game again. Plus November is going be pretty expensive for me so at least I'm saving £25 now.

Might buy it if the price drops later.

I'm still very interested in the Wii version (I still find the graphical style of this version more appealing than the more "realistic" style used for the next-gen releases), but I'll wait for a price drop. The same way I purchase items on "day one" to support some companies whose releases I think are worth supporting, I can't possibly support the shameless behavior regarding the European launch of this title.

I already own the Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS versions, which I picked up when they got released in the US, but I'm still interested in picking up the Wii and PC versions in the future.

While the hype may be dead, the Wii and DS versions still stand a chance of selling. Yes, it's got a lot of competition on release day (loads of Wii and DS games out on Friday) but in comparison to what the 360 version has coming up, it's nothing. I do feel sorry for the development teams because the timed deal is going to mean minimal sales compared to what it could have achieved. The 360 version will tank badly given the releases in the next few days (Dragon Age: Origins, CoD:MW2).

The Wii version is something I'd like to play and hopefully I'll get sent a copy soonish to check it out but I think like many, I'm not too bothered now.

I'm very tempted to pick it up but looking at the reviews people have put up on play and amazon it sounds as if the Wii version has quite a few glitchs. Can anyone here let me know if that's the case?

If it's the price in the new year I'll pick it up definitely. Co op campaign? Yes please.

I got Ghostbusters for xmas.

Really enjoying it apart from 1 thing which is a Fatal Error/unofficial build message appearing when loading a level and the whole thing freezes so you have to turn off the Wii at the consoles power button to restart it.

It seems to be a known issue. Ive sent Atari a support message so will see if I get a reply.

After 10 months from purchase I've had a bit of a result with this game and the fatal error message.

I was not having much luck with the Atari support site, then a couple of months ago I received an email from Atari US which asked me to send my copy to them for a replacement.

I thought it was a bit risky sending it all the way over the pond so just gave up.

However yesterday while walking down the road I did a google search on my mobile for Atari uk to see if there was a phone number.

I found a number so I thought I'd give it a try to see what happens. It went through to Namco Bandi which i was passed through to a guy that was very helpful and said that there were some dodgy Wii discs on release, but unfortunately the game is rather rare these days so he took my name, address and tel number.

I've come home from work today to find waiting for me in a brown packet a brand new sealed copy of Ghostbusters with an accompanying note saying Happy Ghostbusting kind Regards Namco Bandi.

I've checked it out and it works fine with no fatal error message.

I'm rather impressed that 10 months after purchase they have sent me a new copy for nothing and not even want the old one back as proof that I've actually got the game in the first place.

Thanks for the tip, gonna try and score myself a free copy now.

(Joking) :p

That actually is awesome. The human race surprises me once in a while.

Is it safe to pick up a copy of this now, or is the bug still present in retail copies that are on sale? I quite like the look of it, and we're all big Ghostbusters fans here.

Let me know.