NEurope
Noku

Ghostbusters Wii

Is it safe to pick up a copy of this now, or is the bug still present in retail copies that are on sale? I quite like the look of it, and we're all big Ghostbusters fans here.

Let me know.

I reckon you should be fine. Go for it, it's a very good game with some brilliant voice acting from the original cast and all those sounds you loved from the movie make things that much more enjoyable.

Edited by -gonzo-

I hope its ok to bump this 7 year (!) old topic, but I finally played through my copy of this. After playing through the HD version several times since it came out, I never got around to buying this version until a few years ago. And then when I tried to play it, I had it crash on me a bunch of times, having the restart the same level's over and even had a debug menu pop up one time. That was on my Wii a few years ago but this week I decided to play it through my Wii U and didn't have any problems (outside of a couple of in-game glitches).

I actually think I prefer this version of the game over the HD version, as it has a lot more character to it and has a lot more fun with itself. For example, one level i was walking through what looked like the offices of a game developer that had some arcade cabinets in its lounge area. Ghosts burst out of them that look like 8-bit sprites, making the kind of noises you'd hear from an Atari 2600 game. There's nothing like that in the other version.

Another thing I preferred is the dialog. Although it is mostly the same recordings that the HD version uses, I also found that in a few cases what the characters were saying made more sense because of what they were doing at the time. I also noticed quite a few times character's say something (which they also say in the HD version) but its followed on with even more dialog and a proper more intelligible response from another character, which doesn't happen in the HD version. I also remember some of the previews before the game was released suggested the game would have less dialog then the HD version despite being the same story, but this isn't actually true. In fact, this version has a lot of extra dialog on top of everything from the HD versions.

My only gripe is with the controls.

Controlling the proton stream with the Wii remote works fine, as its just basic pointer controls. However, once you've worn a ghost's meter down, it gets locked to the stream and you are supposed to quickly swipe the Wiimote in certain directions to wear down a second meter before you can trap it.

Generally I would have to try and slam the ghost into whatever direction the game asked me to three times before the game actually recognised what I was doing. It really became tedious, simply because it wasn't working and you would have to slam a ghost into a wall at least three times before trapping it, so each slam takes several tries before it worked. I guessing the PS2 version is better if it has a control scheme like the HD version.

Anyway, I felt like talking about this old game because despite its faults it was actually a lot of fun. My original intention was to try this game out one last time as its one of the few games I own which I've not finished or even played much, plus I'm a huge Ghostbuster fan and had played through the HD version again recently. I ended up really enjoying it :hehe:

Edited by Helmsly