NEurope
Noku

Ghostbusters Wii

there already is a great Ghostbusters game.. why fix it if it aint broke?

love the way they "cheer" when they catch that ghost

Am I the only person who doesn't mind the style of the Wii Ghostbusters game?

Yes, yes you are :)

I demand realism for this game not some cartoony effort. They may aswell make the characters look like the ones off the Real Ghostbusters cartoon.

Yes, yes you are :)

I demand realism for this game not some cartoony effort. They may aswell make the characters look like the ones off the Real Ghostbusters cartoon.

I'll grab my coat then :(

Not quite yet!

I like it too!

Revolt I say, revolt! Vive la résistance!

Funniest post to date.

The style is not bad, I mean its Luigi's mansion-like, but it is disheartening when Wii versions get a downgrade to an almost PS2 form...But what did you expect? Chances are, these PS3/360 games are applying HD to their games, a form which obviously can not be compatible with the hardware Wii has to offer. You can't expect them to create a very Wii-specific engine, it would cost money bags.

In the Wii version you had better be able to motion with the nunchuk to throw out the Ghost Traps at just the right time, after having fired out a Proton Stream from your Wii-mote and had a 'force-feedback' [luigi's mansion] style motion fight with the ghost to capture it!

This is indeed the case with the Wii version of the game.

I like the style too. The games got promise. Lets wait til we see more before we started complaining yet though - remember how everyone rected to Treasure isalnd Z "PS3 and 360 get all the serious games, and Capcom give us the kiddy bullshit..." - Who's happier now!?!?

I like the style too. The games got promise. Lets wait til we see more before we started complaining yet though - remember how everyone rected to Treasure isalnd Z "PS3 and 360 get all the serious games, and Capcom give us the kiddy bullshit..." - Who's happier now!?!?

It would be fine if the style they are using is the only version coming out but its not. Looking at the PS3/360 version im very excited as im a HUGE fan of the movies and it looks exactly like them where as the Wii version looks like some kind of spin-off.

You are right in saying that it is too early though and with the Wiimote used as the proton stream then the game was huge promise. Also the fact that the Wii version is the one that is being developed and then they are porting it to the PS2 instead of the other way around is a big plus.

What the hey is wrong with the Wii graphics?

Its not the graphics its the art style they have used. The 360/PS3 are getting the realistic style visuals that come straight out of the movies the Wii and PS2 are getting some cartoony style.

NGamer has a feature on this game in their new mag. Front cover is awesome! It's just the Ghostbusters logo and it looks nice and shiny. I thought it was cool as fuck when I opened it this morning!

hahahah, wii gets a kiddy version!

youve got to admit we all knew this day was coming since it was announced that wii was not competing with the other next gen consoles for power. its just a damn shame because of wii controls this could of been the coolest version. what a kerfuffle.

This is exactly the kind of thing im talking about...

NGamer has some details on the upcoming family-fun-time Wii/PS2 version of Ghostbusters. Some will inform you, some will allay your fears, others may well leave you a little upset. Good news first: the game's set in 1991, so you don't need to worry about how Pete Venkman busting his hip or Janine's struggles with the onset of menopause. It'll also feature the Stay Puft marshmallow man and the creepy librarian from the first movie's intro. Less good news: while there's ten single-player missions, the bulk of the game is indeed focused around multiplayer party sideshows, like who can bust up the most furniture, a 2v2 battle mode, ghost-catching races, that sort of stuff. Which is fine if you're into that thing.

So once again the Wii gets a mini game collection while the 360/PS3 gets the proper Ghostbusters game. Can developers not think of anything else to do with the Wii but mini games?

Am I the only person who doesn't mind the style of the Wii Ghostbusters game?

No I like it too, and I'm looking forward to it.

At the end of the day, if you don't like the type of graphics the Wii has, why not just pick up a 360? They're cheaper than Wii's at the moment too, because of the Christmas demand.

I bought a Wii with no illusion that if multi-format game were to appear on it, then there'd be a compromise in some way graphically. That said, I think this Wii version looks lovely. And why are people calling it kiddie? Have you people not been playing Mario Galaxy, with it's "kiddie" graphics? That's not let you down on gameplay terms has it?

At least with this Ghostbusters game too, it sounds like they're still keeping the gameplay intact from the 360 version. What with the type of interaction we've come to expect from the remote I reckon this could be bloody good.

Can developers not think of anything else to do with the Wii but mini games?

Well....Ghostbusters has the whole singleplayer that the other version has, loads of multiplayer modes and then minigames thrown on after that.

I don't see what's to complain about if the minigames are on top of both the full game AND additional multiplayer modes.

Exactly. So far it sounds to me like much the same game, but with a different approach to the graphics style and some extra multiplayer stuff. If it turns out to be a poor relation of the other versions, with nasty mobile phone type crap tacked on, then I'll be the first moaning about it. But so far I've heard nothing to suggest that.