Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Using the term Chav: Is it 'Social Racism'?

Falcon_BlizZACK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the chavs you know are different to the assholes i'm thinking of, when i say chav bastards i mean these faggots that threw a rock at my head.

One of my (female) friends had this happen to her once. Bad, you think? Well, now bear in mind she was walking her (at the time) 9 year old sister home from school when they did it.

These guys weren't the 12 year old ones you get in York, these ones where all about 18 at the time. They still taunt and (purposefully) intimidate my friend to this day. Some people need to grow the fuck up. :mad:

Is it balls. I know people from my old schools who have your typical middle class background (lived in the suburbs of Oxford in lovely semi-detached housing) who as they've grown older have morphed into abusive chavvy bastards. It's nothing to do with class or social discrimination, it's to do with trying to look "hard" and "cool" in front of other eejits.

Mcoy's reign of terror to anhiliate chavs will soon begin, and you know it will!

There are some chavs that i like as they arn't so annoying and seem to be alright. but then the vast majority of them are complete knobheads and i want to kill these ones, like Mcoy does

hang outside spar-co-op or some shop all day

dress in nothing but tracksuit or t-shirts with "lonsdale"-"umbro" etc on it

make ***** of themselves at every given moment

go "innit spar" and "clart"

prob left school at age of 14

started smoking at 12

now in a dead end job as they wont go and get qualifications (unless bricklaying)

mod there cars and blast out awful music

listening to 50 cent, trance etc

they swear at you but if you swear back they suddenly have a prob

cheap rings and jewellery

drugs

I strongly think it is social racism. The problem now is that the word is thrown about way to easily. I'll be with mates and just cause someone is wearing sports clothes they get branded a chav. Whatever happend to a little freedom to wear what you want. Saying all this i'm not sticking up for people being idiots and what not but the word is so over used and has lost its meaning.

As for the list above people that think like that need to get a life they're just as bad as the chavs with the whole generalisation (sp?)

Out of that list I tried smoking when I was 12, drugs, 50 Cent, blast out music, wear rings and earrings (not cheap though) does that make me a chav then?

The whole thing is so narrow minded people need to grow up and instead of branding people things just look at them as an individual cause thats what I see myself as.

Out of that list I tried smoking when I was 12, drugs, 50 Cent, blast out music, wear rings and earrings (not cheap though) does that make me a chav then?

No, but it makes you an idiot (drugs), a person with odd taste in music (50 Cent) and anti-social (blasting out music).

Actually no, loud music is anti-social. But 50 Cent is a choice in music whether people like it or not, and we have to respect that people have different tastes.

However, these people should also respect that there are people out there with different tastes also, and that playing music loudly - and thus forcing your taste onto other people, is not going to win you any friends at all.

... playing music loudly - and thus forcing your taste onto other people, is not going to win you any friends at all.

Actually! Playing a fairly unknown artist loudly may draw other fans to you. "OMG IS THAT FLIGHT OF THE JESUS DOG?! THEY ROCK!! LET'S BE FRIENDSZZZ!!"

.... Or will get you an asbo. Soz >_<

Fine example of a narrow minded twit. Fair enough call me an idiot for the drugs part but the rest is bullshit.

You like a musician who thinks he is "all that", and takes what he sings about 100% seriously.

How is playing music really, really loud not anti-social, especially when you are (presumably) playing music in a fairly niche genre.

Nope.

Its the correct word for alot of idiots in society who go around acting like complete shit heads to everyone and everything.

Its not about what clothes they wear, what music. Its the attitude and its just plain wrong.

Plus fucking one!!

You like a musician who thinks he is "all that", and takes what he sings about 100% seriously.

How is playing music really, really loud not anti-social, especially when you are (presumably) playing music in a fairly niche genre.

Thats just a completely different ball game. Fair enough the guy does think he is all that but theres nothing wrong with a bit of confidence. As for taking what he says 100% seriously he clearly doesn't. And as for a niche genre rap music is one of the biggest genres in the world. Its the biggest genre in the states but for some reason people over here just don't get it.

I know for sure i'd rather listen to someone talking about getting drunk and having a good time in a club something I can relate to rather than listen to something depressing or someone whining about how they're girlfriend left them.

surely 'social racism' doesn't make any sense.

But no, I think racism stems from prejudice, making up your mind about people based on their race. But chav works in reverse, they're branded it because they're scum. It's no different to the word "idiot" or "yob" or "thug" to me.

Thats just a completely different ball game. Fair enough the guy does think he is all that but theres nothing wrong with a bit of confidence. As for taking what he says 100% seriously he clearly doesn't. And as for a niche genre rap music is one of the biggest genres in the world. Its the biggest genre in the states but for some reason people over here just don't get it.

I know for sure i'd rather listen to someone talking about getting drunk and having a good time in a club something I can relate to rather than listen to something depressing or someone whining about how they're girlfriend left them.

Suit yourself, but I'd rather listen to a genre that doesn't involve musicians that sing about how "gangster" they were in "da ghetto", when in fact the live in massive fucking mansions.

Oh, and the other genre in which musicians think they are "all that", and what they are singing about is The Best Thing Ever is Christian Rock.

Yay. :blank:

Suit yourself, but I'd rather listen to a genre that doesn't involve musicians that sing about how "gangster" they were in "da ghetto", when in fact the live in massive fucking mansions.

Oh, and the other genre in which musicians think they are "all that", and what they are singing about is The Best Thing Ever is Christian Rock.

Yay. :blank:

50 cent is probably not the best example to use to define a genre. Many Hip-Hop artists shun 50 cent. With that said, which one genre/artist features the best lyrics? None in my opinion. I think Michael Jackson is one of a few artists with/who use consistant lyrics...But you all shun him. :heh:

<off-topic>

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!