Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sleeping tapes (not good description)

Sarka

Anyone know those tapes you listen to while you sleep, and it teaches you things. I was wondering if they actually work? I was thinking of picking one up, to learn a language or something, since I don't do much while I'm sleeping. :wink:

i am pretty sure they do work.

when i was younger my mum used to play story tapes me before i went to sleep. often oi i fell asleep early on in the tape, so i was asleep for 20-30 minutes of them. however, after a couple of nights with the same tape i could could passages from the tape and knew it very well.

It works, ive enver had one but in the morning i get the radio to come on on my stereo and there was an ad on for some tyres.. anyway it didnt wake me up till just after that ad finished and i had myself convinced that i neeed 30 tyres for school that day and was gettin freaked out, then it came to me what happened when the ad came on the radio again

Guest Stefkov

would be cool to use that. learn japanese in your sleep.

has anyone had that feeling whil dropping off to sleep, your half asleep then something happens in your dream like you hit a something with your hand, then your hand moves and you jerk then wake up. its really wierd. although it doesnt feel like your asleep though.

i passed out once fell onto my knees, hit my head off the wall, and burnt my hands off the heater. i could feel it all but it was in a really strange floating dream like state.

i have had strange dreams where i feel like im just about to fall, and i sorta wake up and jump like im tryin to stop myself falling, strange :P

I pesonally think its just the easy way out, and though it may work for a few people, it won't for many others. I think people just have to realise that if they want to learn something, they have to work. I think my uncle tried this sort of thing, but it didn't help him at all.

Guest Stefkov

its really wierd cos you can fell your body part move like your leg, but you cant stop it. you jerk like you really mean it, then you wake up. wierd

My French teacher told me a year ago that they are supposed to help quite a lot. It's worth giving it a go. The key really is repetition. By repeating the process, it will become more lodged in your mind. So, you could do this while awake as well! Just repeat it over and over again. That's how we learn how to talk and learn the alphabet.

would be cool to use that. learn japanese in your sleep.

From what I'm learning now, a key aspect of Japanese is writing, and learning how to write Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana, with Hiragana generally being the first learnt. A tape will not help with these.