Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Deadpool news is awesome. You've never been so wrong Paj about you thinking it might be awful. If they hire an at least SEMI competent/competant writer it'll rule.

How do you know though? All I see is utter recipe for disaster. I'm not dissing Deadpool comics, btw.

Cinema translations of the comic-booky feel haven't been smooth thus far.

If they make it silly enough it could work. I wasn't impressed with Reynolds 2 lines in Wolverine, but everyone tells me he's perfect. So i'll believe them. :kiss:

It'll take more than a good writer I think.

I just hope they disconnect it from the whole Wolverine thing. if anyone tries to make it 'dark and edgy' they should be fired on the spot. It needs to be a spoof, if anything. A Blazing Saddles grade genre demolition. Deadpool is insane in his own brilliant way, and they need to capture that.

a great example from the latest run.

Nick Fury: You took your time

Deadpool: sorry, exposition heavy scene.

It just needs be self aware of genre conventions and so on, then shred them (and the fourth wall)

It technically has the potential to be just...amazing. I mean, its practically the best casting of any comic film ever. Ryan has said he cares for the role (I read today) so thats good, and...well the writers need to be someone who's actually read an issue of Deadpool. One issue. And I'll be happy. (Cos the Wolvie writers clearly didn't)

Well in the comic it's yellow for Deadpool, White for the writers. It's all supposed to be in his head anyway so he could just stop and turn to the camera.

or

Internal monologue with boxes filling with text on screen as he talks. That would be amazing.

Damn, that Terminator trailer was fine :) I wasn't too sure about all the terminators being CGI in it but it looks like it could work, it's good to see Arnie in there even if it's seemingly just a cameo role, John Connor is clearly the main role here.

But yeah it's looking pretty epic either way though I have to wonder, surely this will be the last Terminator film we will see? at least for a while...

But yeah it's looking pretty epic either way though I have to wonder, surely this will be the last Terminator film we will see? at least for a while...
Nope, it's the first of a new trilogy, and I think some sort of pre-production work has already started on T5.

Damn, that Terminator trailer was fine :) I wasn't too sure about all the terminators being CGI in it but it looks like it could work, it's good to see Arnie in there even if it's seemingly just a cameo role, John Connor is clearly the main role here.

Where was Arnie!? I didn't see him in there at all...?

I didn't see Arnie either.

This is looking so, so promising. My biggest fear is that there add in too much action, but so far the scripting look's to be top notch. Young Kyle Reese looks excellent.

Also, Sam Worthington (the man, as I'll just call him :heh:) is somebody for the future. He's also staring in the next big James Cameron film. Big future for him.

I refuse to watch it. I don't see why you'd spoil it for yourself. trailers are bad enough.

in other news: Star Trek got 5 stars in the guardian from Bradshaw. Practically unheard of- the guy seems to have a default star ceiling of 2 for any film with the ardor to have a big cgi budget. I think he liked Cloverfield though, going back a bit.

I refuse to watch it. I don't see why you'd spoil it for yourself. trailers are bad enough.

I need my Terminator fix. Although, you are right, this trailer basically shows you the plot for the film...or at least for me anyway. A lot of this footage is stuff that has existed in earlier trailers, so you're best off not looking at any if you want to stay pure.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!