The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Deadpool with my pants...

"Sssh my common senses are tingling!"

Hopefully the Deadpool movie (which may or may not happen, who knows yet) has all the humour of the comic....and Deadpool breaking the forth wall and talking to the audience.

I suspect the Wolverine movie will act as Deadpools origin movie as well

where he gets his scarred face and starts wearing his mask

I suspect the Wolverine movie will act as Deadpools origin movie as well

where he gets his scarred face and starts wearing his mask

Yeah, I was discussing this with my mates the other day...that had better happen. Ryan Reynolds is ridiculously good looking....I hope that doesn't put them off doing it. I really hope its popular enough to do a Deadpool movie.

Yeah, I was discussing this with my mates the other day...that had better happen. Ryan Reynolds is ridiculously good looking....I hope that doesn't put them off doing it. I really hope its popular enough to do a Deadpool movie.

It really has to happen, it's pretty important in Deadpool's story

Being deemed a fail experiment, being sent to the workshop where he starts to go crazy and talking to Death etc.

But we shall see...

It really has to happen, it's pretty important in Deadpool's story

Being deemed a fail experiment, being sent to the workshop where he starts to go crazy and talking to Death etc.

But we shall see...

They really must, the scarring and the insanity is a side effect of getting the regenerative powers.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52075

Main cast has been announced for the Scott Pilgrim Movie, directed by Edgar Wright and based on the (AMAZING) comics by Brian Lee O'Malley.

An image comparing the actors/actresses with their comic counterparts

s-pcast.jpg

I think they pretty much nailed the casting. I can't wait, I adore the comics (Volume 5 is out next month) and with Wright directing this should be fantastic.

Wolverine Rumour:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/947/947683p1.html

Extra Scenes for Deadpool?

Rumours that new Wolverine footage expand his role in film.

UK, January 23, 2009 - Remember the new X-Men Origins: Wolverine footage that was being shot in Vancouver that caused such a rumpus last week? According to a scooper at IESB, the extra production time was spent filming extra scenes for the Deadpool character -- played by Ryan Reynolds.

Apparently the team expanded on Deadpool's role in the film, with most of the extra footage shot including Reynolds and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Obviously this is just speculation at this stage, but how do you feel about potentially more Deadpool in your Wolverine?

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is released worldwide on May 1.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52075

Main cast has been announced for the Scott Pilgrim Movie, directed by Edgar Wright and based on the (AMAZING) comics by Brian Lee O'Malley.

An image comparing the actors/actresses with their comic counterparts

s-pcast.jpg

I think they pretty much nailed the casting. I can't wait, I adore the comics (Volume 5 is out next month) and with Wright directing this should be fantastic.

I've read, like, three parts of the first volume or something - I look forward to it! One thing; you know that asian movie you watched where you couldn't tell any of the actors apart? Well this is clearly our western version of the exact same phenomenon.

I've read, like, three parts of the first volume or something - I look forward to it! One thing; you know that asian movie you watched where you couldn't tell any of the actors apart? Well this is clearly our western version of the exact same phenomenon.

Definitely grab the other 3 books, the series gets better and better, plus Volume 5 is out in a week.

I find this fucking unbelievable.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39891

Marvel are basically DETERMINED to fuck up Iron Man 2. I'm literally stagged.

Favreau (although now onboard, but there were questions, due to fee), Howard, Jackson and now this? What the fuck. As someone on the comments put it, its a sad day when Marvel Production office goes down to Joe Quesadas level.

If Marvel Films are really in some sort of fanancial trouble then they should rework their movie strategy.

Otherwise how do they think they'll even begin being able to afford to produce a quality Avengers film, which will need to include a wealth of talented actors [meaning high paid] and mean having to combine a vast majority of difficult CGI techniques across an entire movie!

I think they need to lengthen their movie timeline, I thought it was way too compact anyway... and [as that article says] in the long run it's probably worth paying out for really talented actors [e.g. Jackson + Rourke in Iron Man 2] to really make the films something special, so they do bring in great profits. Then they can use these to fund the other movies they have planned.

Otherwise chances are Cap America, Thor, Avengers etc... are gonna have weaker casts and end up not of the recent Marvel quality.

Nolans Batman has shown the importance of a talanted, diverse cast, and what a difference it can make!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!