Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Sideswipe not a Decepticon? certainly looks like it!

And that poster would be The Fallen then, with his Firey eyes!

Sideswipe was both a Autobot and Decepticon.

The poster has Fallen on it.

TF2FallenCompareFaces.jpg

new info:

- Bay and LaBeouf confirm the Fallen is a separate character.

- Egyptian hieroglyphics turn out to be depictions of Transformers who visited Earth.

- Bay claims Megatron is not coming back and the tank is just a new toy.

- Around 40 robots.

- Budget is $200 million.

- Ramon Rodriguez is the one holding on for dear life to a pole while cars are flung.

- Devastator appears at the pyramid, he's probably 50 feet tall because that's the height of the camera crane they used on location.

Source: TransformersLiveBlogspot.com

new info:

- Bay and LaBeouf confirm the Fallen is a separate character.

- Around 40 robots.

- Devastator appears at the pyramid, he's probably 50 feet tall because that's the height of the camera crane they used on location.

- What's a seperate character supposed to mean? do they just mean 'a character'?

- Cool! Though I guess [and hope, as it would get to complicated] many will just be background fodder in a large scale fight scene. Actually, a number will combine to become Devastator I presume.

- They fucked that one up by calling the Tank in the first film Devastator!

- What's a seperate character supposed to mean? do they just mean 'a character'?

- Cool! Though I guess many will just be background fodder in a large scale fight scene. Actually, a number will combine to become Devastator I presume.

- They fucked that one up by calling the Tank in the first film Devastator!

The Tank in the 2nd film is huge silver alien tank form!

megatron1.jpg

megatron2.jpg

megatron3.jpg

megatron4.jpg

I read in Total Film that Bay likes throwing out dud information (or something along those lines) to keep suprise.

I read that Bay likes throwing the camera on the floor and then pouring water over it. He then rolls it off a skyscraper, all the while with a yellow filter on it. To give people headaches.

Golden Globe Results (Ledger Wins, Winslett takes the double, and Slumdog steals the show)

CECIL B. DeMILLE AWARD: Steven Spielberg.

DRAMA: "Slumdog Millionaire."

MUSICAL OR COMEDY: "Vicky Cristina Barcelona."

FOREIGN-LANGUAGE: "Waltz With Bashir."

DIRECTOR: Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire."

DRAMATIC ACTOR: Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler."

DRAMATIC ACTRESS: Kate Winslet, "Revolutionary Road."

ACTOR, COMEDY OR MUSICAL: Colin Farrell, "In Bruges."

ACTRESS, COMEDY OR MUSICAL: Sally Hawkins, "Happy-Go-Lucky,"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight."

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Kate Winslet, "The Reader."

BEST SCREENPLAY: Simon Beaufoy, "Slumdog Millionaire"

BEST ORIGINAL SONG: Bruce Springsteen, "The Wrestler" (from "The Wrestler")

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE: A.R. Rahman, "Slumdog Millionaire"

Television Awards

SERIES, DRAMA: "Mad Men."

ACTOR, DRAMA: Gabriel Byrne, "In Treatment."

ACTRESS, DRAMA: Anna Paquin, "True Blood."

SERIES, MUSICAL OR COMEDY: "30 Rock."

ACTOR, MUSICAL OR COMEDY: Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock."

ACTRESS, MUSICAL OR COMEDY: Tina Fey, "30 Rock."

MINISERIES OR MOVIE: "John Adams."

ACTRESS, MINISERIES OR MOVIE: Laura Linney, "John Adams."

ACTOR, MINISERIES OR MOVIE: Paul Giammatti, "John Adams."

SUPPORTING ACTRESS, MINISERIES OR MOVIE: Laura Dern, "Recount."

SUPPORTING ACTOR, MINISERIES OR MOVIE: Tom Wilkinson, "John Adams."

Hathaway was clearly going to win Best Actress, they just changed it at the last minute because of their cock up. Good for Mickey, Heath and 30 Rock though, they all deserved it.

That's exactly what I think, which is a little unfair on Hathaway. Though, Winslett deserves to finally win something. If she doesn't win an Oscar (6th times a charm!) then something is seriously wrong.

Slumdog should not have won as much as it did though. I don't get it, personally.

Dunno about the veracity of this; but I just read that surprisingly (as it was only expected to be noted under Best Supporting Actor), The Producers Guild of America have nominated The Dark Knight for the Best Picture Oscar.

Are they the final voters? Aren't they just a big chunk of the final say?

Still...interesting...

Sam the Man out as Nick Fury?

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/944/944835p1.html

WTF. Seriously Marvel can FUCK THE HELL OFF for doing this. Idiots. Seriously fucking pricks. "Look at the continuuity of our films. Its amazing." *Recasts TWO fucking actors*

Seriously I can't believe they are doing this. Its not like they can't afford it, they're just being complete pricks.

I'm pissed. Seriously, thats the whole point of the special scene...well its not, but still.

Pisses me off liek lodez.

Transformers 2 character news...

Don't know if it's much of a spoiler...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/944/944836p1.html

Transformers 2 Rumor Confirmed

Screenwriter reveals a new kind of Transformer seen in Revenge of the Fallen.

Having written the first Transformers film, Orci and Kurtzman returned to work on this summer's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and Orci gave us a few more hints on what to expect, including confirmation on a rumor from last fall about a certain kind of Transformer making its debut in the new film.

Those avoiding all SPOILERS on the film should look away now...

IGN: Last time we spoke, you revealed that Soundwave was in the movie and hinted at the possibility of Ravage, so I'm wondering if you can say anything more about what new characters will be in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Orci: So I said Ravage... maybe?

IGN: Pretty much, yeah.

Orci: [As if giving a big reveal] Ravage!

IGN: [Laughs] Damn, I should have told you that you said Ravage for sure!

Orci: Hmm… I'll give you an exclusive here. There is a Pretender. I'm going to get killed for saying that.

IGN: Well thank you for taking one just for us.

Orci: All for you.

IGN: Storywise, how does the sequel compare to the first one?

Orci: It's an extreme [jump] from the first one. The outrageous, crazy humor is more outrageous, but then so is the serious side of it and so is the stakes of the Transformers plot and the seriousness with which some of their mythology is treated. So it kind of swings wildly between those two extremes, and that I think was one of the successful parts of the first movie. Again, some of the die hard fans will be equally annoyed at some of the things they see, but I can also say they will be more gratified than they were for the first one, to see how some of the Transformers story and how their battle takes place in the second one.

IGN: There was a leaked image the other day of a Sideswipe toy. I don't even know if Sideswipe is in the movie, since the toys sometimes include extra characters, but the look of this toy was more like the original Transformers than the first film. On the design side, are the Transformers looking the same in this one, or are there some tweaks?

Orci: Well, you know, your favorites – Optimus and Bumblebee – look the same. Some of the new Transformers coming up, even the old Transformers that we had, have benefited from the fact that -- I actually heard this from ILM -- because they had all the rendering and the stuff from the first movie, they were able to get much more specific and articulate with their range of motion and emotions in the second movie, which has a bigger budget and it has all that research and development sunk into the original models. So there's going to be more articulation of the characters facially, so I'm looking forward to seeing that. I have not seen how far they've taken it.

I'm so looking forward to this!! And like the news that it's basically more of the same, but taken to a larger scale!

Bring on the flames if you must, but I don't care... Transformers[1] is one of my favourite films ever!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!